Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

New series of Ice Road Truckers on tonight - might get some tips :)

Posted

everybody including met office is saying west london is the place to be hammered tonight.. but look at the radar developmant coming across eastbourne /brighton way.. thats heading straight for central london maybe west kent.. seriously i think the met may have the position wrong tonight?? i think the whole of london is in the fireing line now for early tonight!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Heavy Snow now directly south of London :)

Posted

Sweet spot should be where its snowing now, as the front pivots its not really going to move from where its snowing now.

Thanks for all your input! I do have a question though. I have been watching the precip literally pass right under my nose, by your above statement do you mean if we have not had snow now we will not get much later on either. :) Sorry but I just wanted to know if I should keep the kids up or not :) (here in Ewell, Surrey)

Posted

THE LOCATION UNDER THE PROFILE BOX HAS BEEN TURNED OFF

Please POST IN YOUR SIGNATURE OR MENTION IT IN EVERY POST

We might if we could - I'm unable to edit my profile at the mo...admin...help!

Posted

Some members can you please put your location on your profile box under your name

its to hard work out where your location is so other members can see if the snow is nearby too them. :drinks:

Sorry its a fault with the site i think!!!????

How do we do that??

Posted

I've had it with this forum now - some people saying it won't move from it's current position, some saying it's going to do a GFS, I'm going to play a game for a break now.

See you in a couple of hours!

Where?? :drinks: :lol:

Posted

everybody including met office is saying west london is the place to be hammered tonight.. but look at the radar developmant coming across eastbourne /brighton way.. thats heading straight for central london maybe west kent.. seriously i think the met may have the position wrong tonight?? i think the whole of london is in the fireing line now for early tonight!!

I would love you to be right, but I think not. The radar is showing the main intense ppn coming up through portsmouth and then slightly east of north uptowards Reading. This is the area that will get buckets of snow tonight as you can see the ppn just lining up. It may come slightly more east than that, but the showers that have just come through Brighton are NOT the main event. That is just further west.

SS

(Sutton - Surrey)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

still staring at the lampost here nothing yet (come) on lol

I think you, me and Yamkin will have to wait another hour or so before we see anything going by the radar.

I'm in South Norwood.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Snow in Brighton is very small flakes but very thick - everywhere white now and I am no more than a couple of miles from the sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I know a lot of you are first-timers or may not post often on here, but could those that haven't please put their locations in their avators on the left hand side.

It is very wearying reading through lots of "We're going to do well here…" posts when no-one else has a clue where 'here' is, no good mentioning your location in a post 2 threads back — rant over. :drinks:

Posted

We might if we could - I'm unable to edit my profile at the mo...admin...help!

Just add it to the end of your post - if it's applicable

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

Tantalisingly close to Bromley now going by the NW radar.... Is it still moving East or has it started to pivot?

DS

Posted

Is snowing maybe for about half an hour now. Only thing is on my iPhone sky news application. It said there was a downgrade for Devon and Slough. Just wondering if anyone knows what this is about for Slough? Met Office still have us in the red.

The snow has been falling lightly but there's a lot of flakes, accumulated quickly.

So I have no idea how this is going to turn out? What's the pivoting....is that why sky said downgrade for Slough in particular?

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

It got snowed in :drinks:

Oooh i didnt realise what your last name was, even after all these years! Same name as an old fav DJ of mine.

Aaanyway rain trying to turn back to snow here in EASTBOURNE.

Posted

I know a lot of you are first-timers or may not post often on here, but could those that haven't please put their locations in their avators on the left hand side.

It is very wearying reading through lots of "We're going to do well here…" posts when no-one else has a clue where 'here' is, no good mentioning your location in a post 2 threads back — rant over. :drinks:

It's currently switched off, please read the previous post!