Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

centre of the eastern low is moving N/e still, but the centre of the western low is now almost at cornwall.

This is what is giving the forecaster so much of a headache, they didn't know which centre would be dominant, but it looks like the midlands on is.

This is better for us because it's further north and east so the precip' is further north and west than was forecast.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

lows2.gif

Posted

Heavy snow again and no sign of it stopping, bring it on ...... :whistling:

Tipton

Edited by smethwickgg102

Posted

It's moving faster than expected Andy but still won't reach here for a good while yet!

If it does arrive earlier than my forecast then this can only be a good thing for snowfall amounts and I will have to revise them upwards. Rampety ramp. :80:

You best start revising its here. :whistling:

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Locations have gone again to save server bandwidth. Please post your locations if your post is region specific to help others. :whistling: .

Posted

OK, Telford and Shewsbury...its closing in on you from the east and its closing in on you from the west.

Surely you cannnot miss this lot!

Posted

Some phone cam shots of overnight forecasts. Forecasted main area of snow shown.

The bottom forecast from BBC Oxford shows area where they expect between 20 - 40cm

They even admitted the snow is in a different position to what they expected.

imag0161.jpg

imag0164.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yeah. One guy at work got a call from his wife saying the snow was pretty bad in Coventry and her car was stuck. We were all laughing at work thinking she was joking because there's just a dusting outside. I'm hopeful that the stuff further south with give us a decent covering. Hope you're enjoying it smile.gif

lol its wasnt bad to start with but it got moderate from 5 pm onwards slowed down a bit now.but im still confused why ppl near us are not reporting the same kind of snowfall?unknw.gif

Still snowing in Nuneaton moderately.It`s been going since about 3pm.

Added to the 2cm this morning so now have 7cm lying across level surfaces.

Amazing how this area of snow keeps swirling around the central midlands.

Posted

Hi, im in Great Barr Birmingham and a very busy road outside my house is covered in snow, the gritters have gone past twice already but its doing nothing. Not good conditions for drivers. What are we ment to expect? Will there be much more?

P.S. Sorry about name, its still the county in Wales where I used to live!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

OK, Telford and Shewsbury...its closing in on you from the east and its closing in on you from the west.

Surely you cannnot miss this lot!

Well, here in Penkridge (15 miles east of Telford) we have an inch of laying snow, and its been snowing lightly but steadily for around 5 hours...Long may it continue :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Snow settling alot better now hope it's set in for the night! It's very intresting watching te radar even though is quite misleading since it's heavy now!

Posted

Well after having pretty much nothing all day :) and thinking that we will probably miss out tonight as well :) I spent an hour clearing a 12ft section of the road to stop cars sliding into my car currently stranded on the road.

You may think this was a little over the top but after watching a car slide down the hill into the wall opposite you would understand.

I look outside to see if the table salt has taken effect and low and behold it snowed and all my handy work has gone :)

Edited by frozencamel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A few snow pictures. :)

p.s Its still snowing here! :)

post-6797-12627208271552_thumb.jpg post-6797-12627208473952_thumb.jpg

post-6797-12627208743352_thumb.jpg

Posted

well good evening everyone........................here in south derbyshire, swadlincote, near burton to be precise we have had little or no snow all day...i cant understand!

what do you all think my chances are for tonight?

thanks

What sort of depth are you at now? We are only at junction 3 of the A50...about 1-2cm and still snowing (lightly).

Posted

It is snowing now in Telford lightly with small flakes, considering the amount of snow elsewhere is getting though were be lucky to be 1cm here.

Posted

snow started again here about 50 mins ago and has put down another 3cms, we are noe at 15cms total for the day, and it looks as if theres more to come over night.

Posted

It looks like the Reading snow is pivoting, swinging up through Oxford and coming back up the M40.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking at the radar i think here will get hit by Precip from the South quite easily tonight. :drinks: