Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The radar is in glitch mode! You can tell when bits suddenly go missing and Precip on the radar looks fuzzy!

Yep , it's back now. :blink:

Just received the radar update.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

That precip going into Northants now is making a damn good effort to reach as far North as Leicester. It's still moving Northwards but I hope it doesen't stop and then pivot Westwards before it reaches here!!

post-2115-12627235755152_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Probably fantasy, but what I would give for that LP to stall out for the next 12 hours...It would swing that SE arm of heavy snow right up through the entire midlands!!!.....but alas, the LP is starting to shunt southwards....BOOOO HIIIIS!!

Ah well, I know have a sufficient enough cover to get me a snow day tomorrow, therefore I shall no longer complain...unless that I find out school is open in the morning of course!

Most snow I have had all winter, grass is completely covered without a blade poking through.

Posted

Hi.

It could go either way, but I'm quietly optimistic. Try these radar links - they seem to show the centre of the low moving further north than anticipated, but that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

Kind regards,

Mike.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

http://www.meteox.co...oom&x=195&y=198

http://www.sat24.com/gb

http://www.metoffice...ather/uk/radar/

Thanks Mike

Heres hoping we're right :)

Posted

That precip going into Northants now is making a damn good effort to reach as far North as Leicester. It's still moving Northwards but I hope it doesen't stop and then pivot Westwards before it reaches here!!

easy Andy it hasn't even reached Northants properly yet, I'm still nervous.

Posted

I just can't believe what I'm seeing! Heavy snowfall with thick flakes! Just like when I was a kid, this is just amazing! If this carried on throughout the night we could be looking at 4" by tomorrow morning! The streets are deserted, barely anyone on the roads when normally they would be fairly populated. Incredible night!

There's alread 4 inches here..... where is this snow coming from..... fantastic stuff!

Edited by ISAAC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ah well, I know have a sufficient enough cover to get me a snow day tomorrow, therefore I shall no longer complain...unless that I find out school is open in the morning of course!

Most snow I have had all winter, grass is completely covered without a blade poking through.

So what was that moaning about earlier then? :)

Posted

well hopefully it's so cold and dense, it'll take time to change direction and crash into you like the Titanic into dat iceberg innit!

Posted

Just measured 8cm on grass and still it streams down with large flakes. Its ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC to have no marginality with rain/sleet/snow. Just snow and snow only. Currently -0.5C and feels bitter

Posted

After all this time all ive done is nothing but moan about not getting any snow --- now my area is on an "EXTREEME" alart 40cms is possible !!! :nonono:

gallery_4181_678_970022.jpg

Edited by StormChaser

Posted

My first post ever to say that we have 10cm deep snow yahoo.gif in Edgbaston, it still snowing albeit more lightly now with medium size flakes. Looking at the radar, I think it will fizzle out for a few hours ...before starting again I hope?

Welcome to Netweather, dewie.

I'm over in Selly Park and, to judge by the radar, we'll have a reasonable amount tonight,

Regards,

Mike.

Posted

well the weird thing is meto and all other radars have it vanishing aswell. maybe its not a glitch? anyone else under a place where it supposedly vanished got any update on whether its still snowing?

All the radars use the same satalite , they just present it in different ways . Also i'm convinced the 5 min radars are done by guess work .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

I think it may be starting to pivot now.. its northerly movement is slowing and its nudging ever so slightly to the west.. just below rugby lol.. typical :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still looks like that stuff to the SE will get here and looks like we could get hammered. Road is in a terible state here.

Posted

well hopefully it's so cold and dense, it'll take time to change direction and crash into you like the Titanic into dat iceberg innit!

Nicely put ...... Making a Snow angel with Kate Winslet would be nice :clap: