Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

@ Xanadu: Hopefully, but Warwick is notorius for recieving a lot less snowfall than areas around it =P. We shall wait and see though and hope for whatever the best happens to be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Hi eveyone can some1 pls tell me how the no the big stuff is coming our way , iv only got the met radar to go on , thanks

Posted

no, i mean on that map you posted, it's difficult to tell where other towns and cites are?

Just give me your postcode and i'll get a map for you.

Posted

According to the radar, the snow is finally about to come to an end. Several hours of persistent snow. Some very heavy bursts. Over 10cm accumlation.

I think we can call that a result don't you? :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

The chap at Looger-baroogah station this morning said it never snows there!! a couple of cm when I got off the train tonight, a bit dodgy round the bends on the road between Shoby and Asfordby.

Shoby bends.... Wonderful even on a summers eve !!whistling.gif

Do you reckon the southern track will make it this far?pardon.gif

Where abouts are you anyway? I`m Valley Road end of town.drinks.gif

Posted

I tell you what, waiting for these proper snow events to reach home locations is enough to drive a man to drink! :drinks:

lol1 i've been on the ale for hours to deaden the blow of dissapointment, but it's backfired a bit and now I need all the balance I can muster to enjoy the....woooah...arrrgghhh...oomph! *lands on ar*e* :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Hi eveyone can some1 pls tell me how the no the big stuff is coming our way , iv only got the met radar to go on , thanks

www.raintoday.co.uk whistling.gif

Posted

lol1 i've been on the ale for hours to deaden the blow of dissapointment, but it's backfired a bit and now I need all the balance I can muster to enjoy the....woooah...arrrgghhh...oomph! *lands on ar*e* :)

:) :lol: :lol:

Easy does it!! :lol:

Posted

well i have to say i am very very pleased with todays outcome here in birmingham... started snowing heavily here at 9.30am non stop till around 11.30am leaving around 5cm of snow.. then started snowing again around 2pm very lightly becoming moderate later on non stop and still going leaving us with a good topping with easily 4 inches all around and around 5-6 inches in odd spots like my front yard ....

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

(sorry about poor camera quality)

post-8071-12627261862752_thumb.jpg

Posted

Just started in Rushden too...

Looks further east and further north than the media based forecasts... more in line with the GFS 06 and 12z precipitation charts... which is very good news for Northants. Made the mistake of watching Anglia weather, where they have now decided no one lives west of Cambridge, so there was no chance of any snow until tomorrow afternoon.

I noticed that too!! We obviously dont matter mellow.gif

Posted

Shoby bends.... Wonderful even on a summers eve !!whistling.gif

Do you reckon the southern track will make it this far?pardon.gif

Where abouts are you anyway? I`m Valley Road end of town.drinks.gif

God I hope so despite Saturday's mini dumping in the morning Melton snow has been pretty poor... I up on the Grange Drive estate near the mobile mast protest, bet their caravan is cold tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

According to the radar, the snow is finally about to come to an end. Several hours of persistent snow. Some very heavy bursts. Over 10cm accumlation.

I think we can call that a result don't you? :)

This is a brief stop! Soon we should have loads more and perhaps much heavier!

My school closed tomorrow!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Done quite well here. Reckon we have got 2 inches in parts, possibly slightly more. Still snowing lightly.

Posted

Just give me your postcode and i'll get a map for you.

cv12 8lh, i tries to pm it but the powers that be said "not today thankyou"

Posted

Yeah, we are about the same, I'm over the other side in Long Eaton, small, lots and persistant flakes!!!! It's great, definatley not driving tomorrow, and doubt I will bother with the bus, last time it snowed earlier in the year ot took hours on the bus to get to work, so think I will probably go for a snow day!!! Really hoping that it has set in for the night now lol!!!!clap.gif

I work in Beeston. I didn't drive in today, far to dangerous. We had a car smash through the wall over the road today!

You have my permision to stay at home :whistling:

Edited by frozencamel

Posted

after 3 hours of snizzle , we have just had an hour of decent snowfall . leaving us with 4 / 5 inchs . surely you people in shrewsbury must of had some by now .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I'm certainly satisfied with the snow ive received, looks great, trees and everything white, maybe 1 inch in places, and still snowing, camera out tomorrow, snow in my street certainly wont move in a hurry -0.3C now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Thanks for that mate , but it may not get hear , i hope im wrong though , looks like its coming . Any comments?

Posted

I work in Beeston. I didn't drive in today, far to dangerous. We had a car smash though the wall over the road today!

You have my permision to stay at home drunk.gif

lol!!! well I used to work in Beeston and that would be far easier to get to, but I work over in Leicestershire now, and refuse to risk the roads!!!! as for the bus, well, it would take forever, !!!!!!!!

Permission taken, and therefore I think stay at home with the dog is a great idea!!! lol!!!!!

Still snowing here, quite fast but small flakes,

But I want more lol!!!!!!!!pardon.gif