Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

God I hope so despite Saturday's mini dumping in the morning Melton snow has been pretty poor... I up on the Grange Drive estate near the mobile mast protest, bet their caravan is cold tonight.

Got to drive up Burton Road tomorrow morning to go to work, could come off Norfolk Drive but it`s no place to wheelspin!rolleyes.gif

Then, if the beast from the south does strike, I`ve got the drive over to Oakham to deal with.nonono.gif

Posted

Just nosed in on the Northwest forum; have seen a report of 10 inches in Chester. What the hell is wrong with Shrewsbury- Chester is a) only 40 miles away :whistling: almost sea level and c) even more in the Welsh mountan rainshadow. Haven't seen 10 inches in the 22 years I've lived here.

This has to be THE worst town for snow anywhere in England outside the counties that border the English Channel!!!!!

Posted

Snow very light now, 7cm of the stuff on the ground :whistling:

Is that it or will that SE snow just push up a little further north and bury me before morning?

Posted

I just had a look at the radar on Raintoday, Warwick is sandwiched right between the two masses of precip. I think that sums up Warwick quite well.

I'll now be hoping the lump of precip to the east keeps pivoting around and dumps a fair bit of snow on us for a few hours.

Posted

I'm certainly satisfied with the snow ive received, looks great, trees and everything white, maybe 1 inch in places, and still snowing, camera out tomorrow, snow in my street certainly wont move in a hurry -0.3C now

tbeen fantastic here in bham, 4 inches at least... if it carries on will surpass feb 07 with no problem and possibly dec 2000!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'm certainly satisfied with the snow ive received, looks great, trees and everything white, maybe 1 inch in places, and still snowing, camera out tomorrow, snow in my street certainly wont move in a hurry -0.3C now

Mark, that very heavy stuff to the south east seems to making a great effort to push our way you know...

Same here wrt snowfall, after a dreadful start it kicked into life and there is at least 1-1.5" out there, looks very nice indeed. Will probably mean my driving test next Tuesday is cancelled for the 3rd time in a row, but my school should be shut tomorrow!

Posted

About time too and WOW!! good.gif

Is it snowing yet??drinks.gif

Posted

lol!!! well I used to work in Beeston and that would be far easier to get to, but I work over in Leicestershire now, and refuse to risk the roads!!!! as for the bus, well, it would take forever, !!!!!!!!

Permission taken, and therefore I think stay at home with the dog is a great idea!!! lol!!!!!

Still snowing here, quite fast but small flakes,

But I want more lol!!!!!!!!pardon.gif

And so say most of us!! <_< :blush:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

after 3 hours of snizzle , we have just had an hour of decent snowfall . leaving us with 4 / 5 inchs . surely you people in shrewsbury must of had some by now .

Note even 1cm! boooo

Posted

after 3 hours of snizzle , we have just had an hour of decent snowfall . leaving us with 4 / 5 inchs . surely you people in shrewsbury must of had some by now .

One almighty centimetre* to be precise. Is it true that "Amwythig" means "It does not snow there" in Welsh????

*Rounded to the nearest- more like 0.75

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted

about 10cm here in coventry..stopped snowing now..could ther be any more snow?

well with any luck, this band of snow should pull up over us before it starts to dip back southeastwards, but looking good matey <_<

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

tbeen fantastic here in bham, 4 inches at least... if it carries on will surpass feb 07 with no problem and possibly dec 2000!!!

slightly higher up there, id say better than feb 07 in a way, although slightly less snow, should stick around way longer than then

i reckon b'ham done better than stoke

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It looks lovely & wintry outside now...Its amazing what 2 gallons of Dulux white gloss can do to the garden!!

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Yes it is but lightly and small flakes, maybe at the most steadily...but its a start good.gif

Conversation, better than any radar and theres no anaprops!!ph34r.gif Cheers, Frank.drunk.gif

Posted

One almighty centimetre* to be precise. Is it true that "Amwythig" means "It does not snow there" in Welsh????

*Rounded to the nearest- more like 0.75

gutted for you , can not believe it , you are only 20 mile away ! never thought we would get any tonight, all seemed to be slipping to our west.

Edited by deka

Posted

Still hasn't stopped yet, I'm pushing for 12 hours of snow. 30 minutes more of light (or even very light) snow will do perfect. ;)

Posted

cv12 8lh, i tries to pm it but the powers that be said "not today thankyou"

Wow you're really close to me with that post code! I'm 8lx! Where abouts are you?

I just had a nightmare journey to Coventry now everything has settled. Can't even get my car into the garage now so I've had to park it up on the roadside. Not good! Snow looks fantastic though!

Posted

slightly higher up there, id say better than feb 07 in a way, although slightly less snow, should stick around way longer than then

i reckon b'ham done better than stoke

yes done muchbetter than stoke, rang home and a few mates who say nothing more than a few cm with more on the hills.