Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Wow you're really close to me with that post code! I'm 8lx! Where abouts are you?

I just had a nightmare journey to Coventry now everything has settled. Can't even get my car into the garage now so I've had to park it up on the roadside. Not good! Snow looks fantastic though!

we are in Park Road, more or less top of the hill, on the cemetary side...you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yes done muchbetter than stoke, rang home and a few mates who say nothing more than a few cm with more on the hills.

same as here then around 4 cm's but im satisfied, way better than nothing

Posted

Everyone get your hoovers out and face them towards London :lol:

whats happening with this band to the SE then? is it heading for western birmingham/dudley area mewonders?

Posted

Very light snow here now. I don't see the stuff to the south east getting here before the low slips away.

What chances for showers tomorrow?

Posted

Probably about 4 inches of lying snow here, still light/moderate snow falling. (Most of this fell over a couple of hours this morning.)

Posted

Looks like we are struggling to tap into the heavier snow at the moment. I'd expect that to change in the coming hours providing it continues to head northwards as the band pivots.

Over Hampshire the radar is beginning to pick up the odd cell indicating 16mm per hour of snow and a wider group of cells indicating a snowfall rate of 8mm per hour!

An exciting night of radar watching & lampost watching ahead. :lol:

Posted

lol!!! well I used to work in Beeston and that would be far easier to get to, but I work over in Leicestershire now, and refuse to risk the roads!!!! as for the bus, well, it would take forever, !!!!!!!!

Permission taken, and therefore I think stay at home with the dog is a great idea!!! lol!!!!!

Still snowing here, quite fast but small flakes,

But I want more lol!!!!!!!!pardon.gif

Well fingers crossed this should last for some time so we should get some snow from the east :wallbash:

Sounds bad but can't wait for the Atlantic breakdown in a way (when it arrives). That could be a corker :lol:

Posted

I'm glad to say that the 18Z GFS sticks to it's earlier pattern and slows the low heading south, helping our chance of a further decent hour (at most) snowfall in the south midlands. And for me as well, along with the south west Birmingham area.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

We got an amazing amount of snow from this event, and it's still pivoting over us.

I heard parts of Cheshire, including Chester got well over 6 inches of snow from this event.

So far, we've gotten 9-10 inches from this band cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Everyone get your hoovers out and face them towards London laugh.gif

yahoo.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifgood.gifph34r.gif

Posted

gutted for you , can not believe it , you are only 20 mile away ! never thought we would get any tonight, all seemed to be slipping to our east.

Just seen the MO radar- there's a nice NE-SW band of heavy precip in mid-Wales with a spur to the S Shrops hills; Shrewsbury is nicely in the middle of the triangle it forms. This is just about the final straw with this town- time and time again for 20 years it's snowed just about everywhere else but to hear all these 10-20cm reports outside a 20 mile radius of here I've finally had enough. Think I'll be sending job applications to well, everywhere else soon :wallbash::wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

whats happening with this band to the SE then? is it heading for western birmingham/dudley area mewonders?

Oooh yeeeah! 18z GFS continues the trend and stalls out the LP for another few hours, towards 12z tomorrow....Bring on that wrap-around!! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Snow has now completely stopped, got a very nice covering. And unless the very heavy PPN south east of Brum makes a monumental push north that's my lot by the looks of it. Wouldn't rule out getting clipped by it but I am very satisfied with what I have :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

The system is now pivoting properly looking at the radar.. were just on the edge damn it!!

Posted

I'm just by the market and behind the fire station!

Posted

I really think the heavy snow in the SE may come far enough North and clip Birmingham. No thaw here and light snow temp a steady -0.6C

All you people in Shrewsbury/Shropshire pop up the Long mynd if you are desperate!

Posted

Just seen the MO radar- there's a nice NE-SW band of heavy precip in mid-Wales with a spur to the S Shrops hills; Shrewsbury is nicely in the middle of the triangle it forms. This is just about the final straw with this town- time and time again for 20 years it's snowed just about everywhere else but to hear all these 10-20cm reports outside a 20 mile radius of here I've finally had enough. Think I'll be sending job applications to well, everywhere else soon :wallbash::wallbash:

There's around 1cm across Telford which is better than the dusting we had earlier but the snow looks like clearing soon.

We can safety say after tonight that Shropshire has officially been the worst county for snow not just in the Midlands but the entire UK.

Surely it's not asking for to much for that area of heavy snow hitting the South East (which have already had tons in the past few weeks) to move about 50 miles further north than forecast and slam into us :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

About 1" here now - snow still falling but that'l be my lost in the next hour or so. Been a good evening over all though.

Posted

Posted

lol? wut? you sleep on the streets or summut? bloody tramps...i tell ya! :D:p

Posted

There's around 1cm across Telford which is better than the dusting we had earlier but the snow looks like clearing soon.

We can safety say after tonight that Shropshire has officially been the worst county for snow not just in the Midlands but the entire UK.

Surely it's not asking for to much for that area of heavy snow hitting the South East (which have already had tons in the past few weeks) to move about 50 miles further north than forecast and slam into us help.gif

I think you'll find it is asking too much