Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

wow, ive been getting this very fine moderate blowy snow for hours - visibility is poor, its just like a spray effect on everything, the side wall of my house has been carpeted with snow :D We have about 5" now in total.. I work in a school and i will be listening to the radio intently tomorrow. lovin it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Streets are deserted here, so if there's anymore snowfall tonight, which I would say at the moment is finally coming to an end, but if there was anymore than I would just advise anyone to not bother driving aswell.

The stuff from the SE is approaching here. Its going to get even worse. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Couldn't agree more Blizzards.

'Gardening leave' for me tomorrow - I'm turning the garden into an igloo!!:D

Reagrds,

Mike.

Very interested to see the first few frames of the 18z GFS...the reason is that the 12z suggested the LP to stall out overnight somewhere in north oxon/south warks...other models push it further south east....If the 12z trend is continued then expect heavy snow all the way through the midlands as far northwest as Stoke and as far east as Crick/Northampton & east Leicester....The first few frames of the 18z run should be trickling out anytime now!

Posted

About 15 Miles I think , The M69 is one of the uk's shortest motorways , I'm one side of it Coventry is the other.

no, i mean on that map you posted, it's difficult to tell where other towns and cites are?

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Just got in from the gym and the roads are getting dicey now - travelling 4 miles and took me 20 mins and they closed the gym at half 8 lol........

around 8cms or so now in sedgley/gornal/brierley hill areas so not bad - but the roads are bad for this amount of snow (you'd think we'd have 8 inches!) - only assuming gritters will be out once the snow has stopped otherwise madness in the morning.

Still snowing slightly - more to come - I surely hope so yahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Edited by mozza81

Posted

wow, ive been getting this very fine moderate blowy snow for hours - visibility is poor, its just like a spray effect on everything, the side wall of my house has been carpeted with snow :) We have about 5" now in total.. I work in a school and i will be listening to the radio intently tomorrow. lovin it!

5 inches wow! I live in shenstone and i only have an inch tops and your 10 minutes in the car, surely cant be right... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snow very light now but its just a brief break before the big stuff gets here. This is only the start!

Posted

Yup, still snowing NG10, small flakes but a reasonable covering. Where in Notts is NG5? Is that the other side of the City, Arnold way?

Yep Arnold. We had small flakes but plenty of them, Must have had 2-3cm now :D

Posted

The stuff from the SE is approaching here. Its going to get even worse. mellow.gif

i cant wait yahoo.gif

however this could be serious! as much as i love the snow i hate to see people hurt by it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Chasetown High School is shut....desperately hoping my school follows suit! Still snowing, and a lot lying on the ground...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

wow, ive been getting this very fine moderate blowy snow for hours - visibility is poor, its just like a spray effect on everything, the side wall of my house has been carpeted with snow :) We have about 5" now in total.. I work in a school and i will be listening to the radio intently tomorrow. lovin it!

I'm on the other side of brum to you, pretty near Mike. My husband works in a school in your neck of the woods and he's just had a text saying that all bham schools are closed tomorrow - good job 'because we couldn't get the car out any way!!!

Posted

CH, how come it's snowing for you in North Warwickshire and not snowing for me in central Warwickshire =P

Don't worry, it will be bucket loads soon for Warwick.

The main band from the south is coming up the M40 and is over Banbury now, and will reach you within 30 mins I would think.

Posted

Yep, should get worse for you, though I think I'll be a little too far north for when those heavy snow bands swing around. If they do hit you, then expect around 6" after all this is over. Good luck!

i cant wait yahoo.gif

however this could be serious! as much as i love the snow i hate to see people hurt by it

We could be looking at something quite extreme overnight. Stay safe because our road has had numerous near misses. Its going to be dreadful.

Posted

Yep! My lampost must be pretty much in tune with yours !! Theres a chance that big lump hitting Northampton might make its way up though.

How was Looger-baroogah when you past through this evening? Hope the roads back to Melton were ok.

The chap at Looger-baroogah station this morning said it never snows there!! a couple of cm when I got off the train tonight, a bit dodgy round the bends on the road between Shoby and Asfordby.

Posted

Still coming down here, i'm on the south side of the Wrekin, had some quite heavy snow but need it to carry on all night at this rate!! Still, at least we have something, i still think it will stick around longer than the forcasters are saying. Time will tell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Melton has approx. 1cm ??wallbash.gif

Please let the southern snow get this far up!!ph34r.gif

Else it`s a good nights sleep for the first time in 4 nights!yahoo.gif

Posted

Yep Arnold. We had small flakes but plenty of them, Must have had 2-3cm now smile.gif

Yeah, we are about the same, I'm over the other side in Long Eaton, small, lots and persistant flakes!!!! It's great, definatley not driving tomorrow, and doubt I will bother with the bus, last time it snowed earlier in the year ot took hours on the bus to get to work, so think I will probably go for a snow day!!! Really hoping that it has set in for the night now lol!!!!clap.gif

Posted

Snowing steadily in Wellingborough. Settling well!!rolleyes.gif

Just started in Rushden too...

Looks further east and further north than the media based forecasts... more in line with the GFS 06 and 12z precipitation charts... which is very good news for Northants. Made the mistake of watching Anglia weather, where they have now decided no one lives west of Cambridge, so there was no chance of any snow until tomorrow afternoon.