Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Road nearly completely covered here now. Much more snow to come i think!

Heavy snow continues!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Snow has arrived here now last half hour,after mostly snow grains which gave another dusting before that.

Snow is drifting higher up,expect it to be strong overnight drifting in Wales. :drinks: as winds get strong.

-1.7c.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Hello Macey - Nice to see someone from Harpole, can get you to rescue mother-in-law if required

Haha. I add £2 onto my fare after 12 though :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Absoloute Mayhem here. Road covered and very heavy snow. A car nearly just crashed as it slid along the road. This is serious now.

Posted

Anyway, judging by Radar, the south east Midlands looks like it's going to see some severe snowfall over the next few hours!

Winter is truly here now!

Hi weather09

Do you think the falls over London at the mo would wrap around the low and head up to East mids?

Nottingham may be a little to much north :whistling:

Posted

Well the occasional hour of moderately heavy snow and many hours of lighter stuff has made me very happy in Nuneaton.

And this is the sort of radar watching/anticipation that I like, because I already have enough snow to make me happy, but a load more later would be a glorious bonus.

I had a dream about snow in late November, only bit I remember is commenting to someone that 'if its snowed this much in November, think what the rest of winter will be like'. Obviously November didnt feature snow and December was a bit of a letdown for Nuneaton, today has more than made up for it, and has brought back happy childhood memories. As Ive said before I didnt appreciate how lucky I was in the late 70's and various parts of the 80's and 1990 in terms of quantity of snow, and Ive missed it ever since, finally I get an event and a nationally cold winter to rekindle the lost past.

Walked to work via the canal today, it had frozen over in many places with snow covering the ice, felt a bit sorry for the 47 ducks that were sheltering under a bridge (yes I counted them).

Posted

Anyone think that snow will make it to the eastmidlands and i mean snow as in the really heavy stuff which looks like its on its way?! about 7cm here! YAAY.

it's looking like its gonna have a dam good try.

Posted

STILL heavy snow here...wow.

However, i don't think that very heavy lot over the south will get here, the low will move before it does....but lets be honest...does it really need to get here after today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Tell you what, its worth having a look at the bigger picture....Some incredible radar returns stretching from the IOW to the Chilterns...a seriously intense streamer, and I would expect as per published warnings, some serious accumulations!!....for those in the south midlands, this is all coming your way! :D

Posted

Anyone think that snow will make it to the eastmidlands and i mean snow as in the really heavy stuff which looks like its on its way?! about 7cm here! YAAY.

what you have to do, is look for the centre of the circulation and then follow the precipitation back, it rotates like water down a plug hole, i'm watching that precip' too, I'll let you know next radar update.

the low does seem to have stalled for the timebeing though.

Posted

Whooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have snow in NG10!!!!!

It has been snowing since about 4.30pm and has quite nicely covered the ground and the cars!! (it also covered the cat, but she's safe indoors now!!!)

It keeps going to really small flakes (hardly seen even via the lampost) But I am hoping that it wont give up!!!!

Definatley not driving to work tomorrow, if I go in at all, my bus takes a very windy(windey?!!) route and I think it would probably take about 2-3hrs to get there!!lol!!! So a snowy walk with the dog on the fields first thing tomorrow (pooh bear, you ARE going for a walk!!!!!!) - yippeeeeeeee!!!!!yahoo.gif

Posted

Newbie question time again :lol:

Having just looked at the NW radar is the snow travelling northwards over Oxford likely to circulate NW towards Brum?

May seem like a daft question but I am still trying to get my head around all of this weather mullarkey (it is fun though) :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Crikey after a LONG wait its almost fully snowing.... everything white again so out dusting is back... now lets hope it kicks on and at least gives us 1cm... that would a dream after this cold spell so far...

Posted

latest radar shows the centre has moved back a little towards gloucester, we may be very lucky but i think that the main area of precip' will scrape the south of Brum beforerotating back southwestwards around the low.

Posted

I cant believe this. Still very heavy snow. Road really is getting difficult. Anyone with bad tires has no hope here.

Posted

745 to 750 didnt look right on the radar???

Well the netweather radar shows nothing at over my postcode , and it shows nothing coming unless the south stuff gets here... Only trouble is just looked out the window and it is still bucketing it down with snow !!! the sky also looks full of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well the netweather radar shows nothing at over my postcode , and it shows nothing coming unless the south stuff gets here... Only trouble is just looked out the window and it is still bucketing it down with snow !!! the sky also looks full of it.

I think the radar is a bit kaput tonight! Gave up on it hours ago. Still snowing fairly nicely here.

Posted

what the f**ks going on then lol?