Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Snowing lightly here now yahoo.gif and its settling pretty well everything has a good dusting on it now.

Looking at the radar it seems quite abit of precipitation is developing across Devon all of a sudden.

Yup, still snowing lightly here. Getting deeper all the time, not an epic snow storm but enough to keep me interested.

Will be interesting to see what it looks like in the morning, its bitterly cold out and going no where!

Here's hoping for a few inches!

Daisy, the low will rotate anti clockwise (it has to) it just depends on how much PPN remains on it.

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

What it also highlights is just how incredibly difficult it is to forecast this sort of thing, it really is just a nowcast and fingers crossed situation! :drinks:

Absolutely! TBH there are so many charts and predictions showing different outcomes it is enough to drive you crazy. I'd love to stay up all night and wait for the first flake but I've gotta be at work at 7am. So unless someone can guarantee I won't be able to get to work in the morning then I'm off to bed soon :drinks:

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

Posted

Yup, still snowing lightly here. Getting deeper all the time, not an epic snow storm but enough to keep me interested.

Will be interesting to see what it looks like in the morning, its bitterly cold out and going no where!

glad you have some snow mate.long wait for you down there

im going to have a nice long coffee and look at the emergency equipment i have :huh:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Humm,

I would really expect a red zone for glos by now.

Posted

Humm,

I would really expect a red zone for glos by now.

the only bodge I have seen today was the snow fall some parts of Chelt and Glos had with NO red warning....dozen's caught out ...EXTREMELY HEAVY

apart from that they have been excellent...met that is

but no one is perfect :huh:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Heres the 18z , Its still running the next frame.

10010612_0518.gif

Spot on thanks, Confirms my suspicions of some decent stuff over Devon....that came from nowhere!

Edited by Paul T

Posted

glad you have some snow mate.long wait for you down there

im going to have a nice long coffee and look at the emergency equipment i have laugh.gif

Not as long as most winters, it is afteral only Jan 5th... how often does this happen? :huh:

Posted

Not as long as most winters, it is afteral only Jan 5th... how often does this happen? <_<

early 80's for me....I thought these scenes didnt exist anymore

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

apparently 20cm in Wiltshire falling.

Posted

Daisy, the low will rotate anti clockwise (it has to) it just depends on how much PPN remains on it.

Here's hoping too lol.

Its funny it clouded over before but it wasn't doing out then so was shocked when i just lookd out and it was snowing and everything has a nice dusting. I can't help but get the feeling something is developing on top of us..just a hunch and partly as i don't think ive been so excited to see light snow lol.

Posted

I tell you what its great to see falling snow without marginal temps - it feels like we're entering the next phase of this winter with the SW coming onboard. 4ft of level snow in scotland - I wonder how long the snow around here will stay around - looking at the charts it could well be built on.

I remember reading the accounts for 47 & 63 (yip - sorry to drag them up!) - the most striking reading being snow amounts gradualy creeping up around the country. we shall see hey

Posted

Light snow beginning to fall here in Boscombe Down.

Yeah! I was too busy watching the radar which shows it further east, saw your post and noticed it is here. <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

could be a good covering over cornwall/devon atm?

Posted

early 80's for me....I thought these scenes didnt exist anymore

Last Feb was much better down here than currently, but that was epic for my lifetime in this country, over a foot in 12 hours. Somewhat less than I saw in Norway in 2008, but thats a whole different ball game up there!

Posted

snowing lightly at present looks like this is just a shower and not the main band yet to come south.Its getting closer

Posted

I tell you what its great to see falling snow without marginal temps - it feels like we're entering the next phase of this winter with the SW coming onboard. 4ft of level snow in scotland - I wonder how long the snow around here will stay around - looking at the charts it could well be built on.

I remember reading the accounts for 47 & 63 (yip - sorry to drag them up!) - the most striking reading being snow amounts gradualy creeping up around the country. we shall see hey

Sam what shocked me was Richard was saying there is NO let up in cold weather in sight..

Unless things change :yahoo:

cirencester road CLOSED..

Edited by dogs32

Posted

snowing lightly at present looks like this is just a shower and not the main band yet to come south.Its getting closer

Latest news24 forecast still has that 'arc' of snow running thru' our region til midday tom. It must, surely, be about to kick-off in Nth Btl - sorry for being so IMBY but my wife is getting so hacked off with me tapping on my laptop, which is, surprise surprise, sat on my lap at this moment.biggrin.gif

Posted

Yeah! I was too busy watching the radar which shows it further east, saw your post and noticed it is here. :lol:

Seems to be really light, wonder how much we can expect? I've already got my hopes up! :)

Posted

BBC Forecaster pretty much confirmed no snow for dorset tonight as the low wraps its self round dorset to the east, north and west!!!

Posted

apparently 20cm in Wiltshire falling.

Nothing as yet in Swindon? Whats going on? I'm getting so frustrated and annoyed as i've told so many people it's coming that they now think i'm telling lies! haha