Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

sorry i am signed in anyone know why i cannot see peoples locations anymore ?

Site admin have removed them to give the site more capacity and less liable to crash. Suggest everyone puts their locations in their signatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Wow - what a first post - you know how to make yourself popular! I'll have you know that not all school run mums are like that! unsure.gifblum.gif

Anyway - steady snowfall since about 6pm here in High Wycombe. We have about 5 inches - maybe more and still going. Luckily for Dan my daughter's school has already said her school is closed on the Bucks County Council website. Lucky for me too as I've already had a bottle of pink fizz drunk.gif

Think a lot of people on here are celebrating with a bottle of something or other - a lot of fuzzy heads in the morning? :whistling:

Posted

Yep well done Kold. Made a brilliant call yesterday. Why dont you replace some of the script readers at the BBC?

Just was thing the same thing ...... Great call kw

Posted

sorry i am signed in anyone know why i cannot see peoples locations anymore ?

With the server under a lot of load tonight anything is being done it seems to lighten that load!

Every flake here in Westcliff is settling drinks.gif Although the flakes aren't all that big, but there's a lot of them.

Posted

Remember guys on the SE essex coast- we could be working in reverse to the other week- I sat & watched the band of snow come through Herts & Essex- then as the snow picked up the surface air from the thames through lift then the dewpoints & WBPT went up by 1c & we got rain-

THe same is happening tonight- but reverse for the onshore flow over Essex- I mentioned it earlier....

3 cm of snow here in Bex- still coming down nice- The only drive on my road thats clear is mine because I gritted it earlier-

S

Yep good call Steve

Total non event East of Basildon, have had yellows and greens over me for about 20mins and absolutely nothing falling, dewpoint all wrong and evaporation falling through the layers, gonna hit the sack and will be lucky to get 0.02cm rather than the 20cm touted by the Beeb

And to the guys saying it will intensify as it hits the thames corridoor we must be singing from a different hymm sheet and not quite seeing where you are getting this from

Paul S

I have seen enough of that radar tonight Nite all - Waiting for the Showers on Saturday now

Quite pleased with my prediction of where it would stall and pivot though, seems the 23z radar shows this nicely and almost horizontal.

Posted

wheres the blinking snow...

Wow are you still dry?

I've got about a 1cm here, I must be just on the eastern extreme of the heavier snowfall, don't expect this to last long. I just hope the second part of the wrap around can make it this far north later in the night.

Tomorrow looks interesting again...hopefully the front gives some goods!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Locations probably removed to prevent crashing the site, I'm off to bed, dreaming of plenty more of the white stuff when I wake up. Curtain twitching all night is also a possibility.

Night all, enjoy!!clap.giflazy.gif

Posted

Yep well done Kold. Made a brilliant call yesterday. Why dont you replace some of the script readers at the BBC?

Just was thing the same thing ...... Great call kw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Locations probably removed to prevent crashing the site, I'm off to bed, dreaming of plenty more of the white stuff when I wake up. Curtain twitching all night is also a possibility.

Night all, enjoy!!clap.giflazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Steve M, KW, Paul, Nick and anybody else who would like to comment,

Perhaps I'm being greedy now!

What do you make of the latest Fax for t120?

http://cache.netweather.tv/fax/PPVO89.png

Wrong side of the 528 dam line, know its still a fair way off!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Sutton sw London ..... Moderate snow for an hour dewpoint 0 air temp 0 winds 34 n ......... So far haven't seen the intensity in the snow fall like there was in feb 09 Thames streamer . Still things developing all the time and did alex deakin really forecast 40 cm for the London region on BBC weather or did I misunderstand that ?

After several hours of snow into Wednesday pm, you will have several inches

Posted

Site admin have removed them to give the site more capacity and less liable to crash. Suggest everyone puts their locations in their signatures.

thank you nik but i thought half the fun was seeing who came from where . does not seem the same somehow anyone agree (sorry last comment off topic !! )

Posted

Very light snow in Rayleigh, how long and how much, that is the burning question, i fear we wont get anywhere near as much as predicted earlier

Posted

528 dam through the midlands?? - can't see where the milder air is coming from??? Seems wrong to me.

The continent! We are above 528 in terms of dam. Can't see much snow potential from that, if anything rain!? Dunno very odd

Posted

Can't understand your comments Paul??? Intensifing rapidly in the Thames between Kent and Essex and reports of heavy snow in benfleet, Rayleigh etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Still snowing heavily in Gravesend - methinks I should have gone to Sainsburys on the way home from work tonight...

You wouldn't have liked it at Sainsurys, Pepper Hill, quite a bit of panic buying today by pensioners.