Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

We've got about 2 inches but all the the precipitation is going westwards about 3-5 miles below me now so I think that's it. Still, it's bought it home to me that once the cold's properly here, the snow can really hit the midlands and we've got solid cold for another week now so who knows. This particular heavy precip didn't even show up until 48 hours out so I know it can hit again at any time - regardless of how we haven't been affected by it so far, this is a proper winter and we will all get our snow, I can see it!

P.S. Am a bit drunk on Champagne now - my only sibling (my wonderful sister, Mandy) gave birth to a baby boy today (after a couple of ivf attempts) so I am an aunty for the first and probably only time. I'm on top of the world!!!!!

Posted

Wind speed is 0.0km/h for nearly all local weather stations within 30 miles of south and east of here.

This snow is going nowhere fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Better than me.

For 5 days Peterborough has had an advisory for 15-20cm on Tues. All we have seen is 0.3cm early this morning. The rest of the day has been dry without a single flake!

You had a fair bit in December rolleyes.gif We got hardly any. Tonight some places around here 40cm +. Its been heavy heavy snow last 5 hrs and seems to keep coming. Might hit a max of 1c next few days. How I long for those mild winters of the 80s mellow.gif

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/reports/philip-eden/Record-cold-and-snow.htm

Posted

Just checked and as of 2245 we have 3cm lying snow here in Northampton and it is still falling.

:rolleyes:

dust here in wborough cant belive we missed out - we have had nothing from this cold snap

Posted

Just checked and as of 2245 we have 3cm lying snow here in Northampton and it is still falling.

:rolleyes:

Yep i can agree with that and it does seem to be heavier now too compared to earlier

Posted

snow stopped at 22;00 current depth 7cm mre than expected 2 days ago , just wish we were getting the 30, 40 cm dry.gif

Posted

That's it, no more watching the radar i've had enough.

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised come tommrow morning but I doubt it, might have a drive down south.

Just hope we get something from the east in the next few days :rolleyes:

congrtulations!!!!! im about 10 miles north of you in overseal, probably not had has as much of you.

still hopefully from the front working down across tonight from the north.

cheers

quote name='dvdfjojo' date='05 January 2010 - 22:52 ' timestamp='1262731947' post='1708672']

We've got about 2 inches but all the the precipitation is going westwards about 3-5 miles below me now so I think that's it. Still, it's bought it home to me that once the cold's properly here, the snow can really hit the midlands and we've got solid cold for another week now so who knows. This particular heavy precip didn't even show up until 48 hours out so I know it can hit again at any time - regardless of how we haven't been affected by it so far, this is a proper winter and we will all get our snow, I can see it!

P.S. Am a bit drunk on Champagne now - my only sibling (my wonderful sister, Mandy) gave birth to a baby boy today (after a couple of ivf attempts) so I am an aunty for the first and probably only time. I'm on top of the world!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I wonder if any of the PPN sticking out towards London/Kent would get here?

Posted

Well I have seen something tonight that I have never ever seen before and that is Foggy Snow. Was an interesting site.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Oh gawdy, we've lost the locations again - I'm in Polesworth, North Warks - and it's pivoting just a couple of miles south of me at the mo. Thank you windysnow :-) - hope you get some from that front. If not, I'm sure it'll come soon. Our patience will be worth it I'm sure.

Posted

Just been to the pub in Nottingham City Centre (The Roebuck if anyone's interested), and walked all the way. You certainly notice there's a bit more snow in Lenton than in citteh! Still snowing, it's lovely! :pardon:

Attention now turns to the north east for us northern midlanders.

Come on Grimsby! :lol:

With a housemate from Grimsby (who supports Grimsby Town), I hear that phrase more than is prudent! :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

The sky is bright red here but it's not snowed for several hours now.

By the looks of the radar it'll keep feeding into Brum for ages yet...

Posted

Snow starting to fall again here in Worcs after a brief lull. I'm wondering whether this is the leading part of the pivot? Radar hints that it is...? :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Just been to the pub in Nottingham City Centre (The Roebuck if anyone's interested), and walked all the way. You certainly notice there's a bit more snow in Lenton than in citteh! Still snowing, it's lovely! :pardon:

With a housemate from Grimsby (who supports Grimsby Town), I hear that phrase more than is prudent! :rolleyes:

I was in the Olde Trip myself - and yes there's def more snow when you get a little out of the city. Here in the middle of The Park it's almost 1.5inches but is more like 0.5 inches in the city itself.

Posted

Erm...are you sure? I just walked back from town through falling snow... :rolleyes:

Now, if only those people in Northampton would share nicely... :pardon:

Posted

I can't believe it: It hasn't stopped at all since 10 am this morning, and with the approaching snow (albeit light snow) I can only see it continuing. The longest straight spell of snow I've know for quite some time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

It begs the question: when exactly will it stop snowing here in north Birmingham? Hopefull, never! But seriously, it's snowing moderately here even though the Radar says "no, you're imagining things". :rolleyes: Interestingly, to my east, the sky is bright red, which to me only means one thing; snow. And since everything is moving west for now, then this could possibility mean more moderate-heavy snowfall for here. Optimistic, yes. But it's snowing here, so I'm just going to go along with that! :pardon:

Thats interesting. Still snowing here lightly but tiny flakes.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

It begs the question: when exactly will it stop snowing here in north Birmingham? Hopefull, never! But seriously, it's snowing moderately here even though the Radar says "no, you're imagining things". laugh.gif Interestingly, to my east, the sky is bright red, which to me only means one thing; snow. And since everything is moving west for now, then this could possibility mean more moderate-heavy snowfall for here. Optimistic, yes. But it's snowing here, so I'm just going to go along with that! biggrin.gif

This snow really loves birmingham!!!! drinks.gif moderate snow still here, 10th hour now lol

Posted

I was in the Olde Trip myself - and yes there's def more snow when you get a little out of the city. Here in the middle of The Park it's almost 1.5inches but is more like 0.5 inches in the city itself.

Ah, you got in while I was replying to your other post! :lol: Yeah, about an inch or so from Canning Circus westwards really, it's still quite a pretty sight! Pretty impressive snowman on the school playing fields just off Johnson Road! I'm sure more will come about, sometime...