Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I was just going to say aswell, this is the most prolonged period of snow I've seen since Feb, 9 2007. We ended up with anything from 5-8" snowfalls from that two-day event (8th-9th).

The snow has increased in intensity now, and I have to say if this keeps up, then 4-4.5" is certainly possible in this region of Birmingham. Obviously places further south and west have done better from this as the snow here did ease down for quite a time during mid-afternoon, but has since tightened its grip here. Radar watching continues...

Yes about 8 inches down here in North Oxfordshire so far , im sure some places will get more then 40cm around here or 15inches in old money

Heavy heavy snow for for 5.5 hrs

All started about 6pm

Its get even heavier !!

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Still snowing hear moderately (Northampton NN4)everythings white! It did come down rather heavy for a time here. But is definatley eased in the last 30 mins. Just checked and we have a around 1.5" covering.

Posted

Got about 7 cm here, currently just on the northern edge of the snow (hinckley, north east of birmingham) shame the front has'nt pushed any further north or else we would be looking at 8 inches plus, quite annoying, cant complain to much with what we have already though. Been quite lucky today ,its not stopped for hours although we have'nt tapped into the really heavy stuff, light snow coupled with the odd moderate to heavy burst has given us a decent covering.

Still snowing :good:

Posted

The band is pivoting and moving back westwards?

We already have nearly a foot here it's been snowing since 3pm, I really don't want anymore snow now sad.gif

Posted

Bigger than 50p will do great because thats BIG! :shok:

Smaller now, but it's still readily falling.

I reckon that for us it may slow and lighten from midnight, and then pick up from 2am untill it completely blows away (maybe about half 3?)

Posted

Didn't look likely here, then that changed with earlier model runs today, then at the minute they backtracked. Yes the worst affected areas were further east than forecast, but unfortunately not far enough east for me. We've sat on the NE edge having light snow for most of the night with a slight dusting. I'm hoping now that the precipitation over the Thames Estuary/Essex area continues to move northwards and gets wrapped around the low as it heads off south-westwards, with a more showery NE flow established. Its been a near miss tonight, I suspect those areas to the SW of Northampton like Towcester, Brackley and Bicester must have had a proper dump of snow tonight. For us, it was not to be. But I hope we can play catch up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Last one from me tonight.

Snowing lightly,10cm on the ground.

More than i expected here in Nuneaton,

Night all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Snow at Moulton Northants tonight

post-7823-12627346105252_thumb.jpgpost-7823-12627346453652_thumb.jpg

Posted

moderate snow fall now in stourbridge getting heavier, must be catching the back edge of the low as it pivots

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Just wish Mr. Fish could throw some money at the bandwidth allocations and fix the damm site........

Traffic levels are through the roof... this is the busiest the site has ever been. National Rail site has been up and down all day too and that's back by government money!

Think we're doing pretty well considering - we've just taken many resource sucking features off so we can all carry on talking about snow :shok:

Posted

Apart from one 3 minute blip it's been snowing here since 8.50am blink.gif

Anyone else pulling an all nighter? drunk.gif

Posted

Rather disappointed to see the showers filtering inland from the North Sea are only doing so from the Humber northwards.

Looking like a dry and cold night here now. 4-5cm's lying snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Traffic levels are through the roof... this is the busiest the site has ever been. National Rail site has been up and down all day too and that's back by government money!

Think we're doing pretty well considering - we've just taken many resource sucking features off so we can all carry on talking about snow laugh.gif

Sorry for taking the p**s, must be difficult!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Because I am bored at the fact the snow has missed Leicester for tonight then i'm going to send out another song from the Andy jukebox that I like :air_kiss:

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well i suspect we may just well keep the snow for a good while longer now were already under it. Maybe a more proper wave later from the area thats sticking out on the radar towards Suffolk, Kent way.

Posted

Snow fall has pepped up significantly here in Worcs - not so much bigger flakes but more of them and falling faster too! :air_kiss:

Judging by the radars there some more intense falls on the way... :bomb: