Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

SNOWWWW DAYYYYY, YAY:yahoo:

Looks like a bit more snow is on the way as well! Temperature is worrying me slightly through, gradually creeping closer to freezing point, they said it wouldn't get above -2c here today!

yep great start, showers making it from the east, looks fantastic out there, been snowing for the last half hour, temp maybe a worry 0.3C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

yep great start, showers making it from the east, looks fantastic out there, been snowing for the last half hour, temp maybe a worry 0.3C

I think it will probably miss me, moving too far west, not far enough south.

Temperature still just about below freezing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a chunk of this thaw by the end of the day.

Edited by nick2702

Posted

There is around 1-2 inches around here generally though the fact there has been no gritters has made it seem like there's much more, was very surprised that ive woke up to find its snowing, lightly, but its snowing again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Just been out in the garden and between 8 to 10 inches of snow....! depending on where you measure...best snow in years and its not going to melt!!! :unsure: :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Wow it's actually snowing heavily in Nottingham! Well fairly heavily anyway. The streamer line is just passing over now. A good top up of snow - maybe we'll manage 2 inches today...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hoping that streamer line sinks south enough to hit me, on current course it should do, snowing lightly here now as well.

At the moment, that streamer looks like it will hit us bang on! light to moderate snow here atm

Posted

At the moment, that streamer looks like it will hit us bang on! light to moderate snow here atm

I have done my old trick of switching off the radar, as it seems that every time I monitor something that might hit me on the radar, it always misses! Light, fine snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The streaners growing in size aswell dont forgett lol

Posted

Got about 3cm's here, just had a moderate snow shower, looks like more on the way too.

post-2989-12627657578352_thumb.jpg

Posted

Coming down nicely, was the type of snow that caused a rapid accumulation last night!

Posted

Well, snow ended up turning light with small flakes again yesterday evening, went to bed with about 1-2cm of lying snow.

At 6am, there was a partial thaw on some surfaces (Cars, roofs (mainly due to heating), et al) - probably also that there was cloud cover with no snowfall.

6.30am - started snowing lightly with small flakes

7.30am - started snowing moderately with mid size flakes

8.00am - intermitant light to moderate snow, with intermitant small to mid size flakes

Still snowing know, but expect it to stop soon. No real further depths added to last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Coming down nicely, was the type of snow that caused a rapid accumulation last night!

Yep, just got off the phone to one of my work collegues near Lichfield...He said it's blizzard like there.....Told him to stay at home and not bother about work........We had over 2inches of snow last night, and think that and this mornings snow has put paid to any chance of me working today

Posted

Fairly heavy snow here now! This is brilliant, could get another cm or two out of this streamer hopefully.

Yep, just got off the phone to one of my work collegues near Lichfield...He said it's blizzard like there.....Told him to stay at home and not bother about work........We had over 2inches of snow last night, and think that and this mornings snow has put paid to any chance of me working today

Yeah I'm a couple of miles west of Lichfield and it is starting to come down readuky again. Blowing about as well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Hey ppls have a look at how the streamer is growing and seems to be reacting with the other lot also , have a look at the pn north of london and run the sequence through the lat few hours and its really expanding the ppn an growing in size ,

I think whats hapening is as the streamer is coming close to the low pressure it seems to be reacting off it and growing .

Thats the good thing about been surrounded by low pressure in that ppn can just pop up out of no where ,

few supprises maybe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Fairly heavy snow here now! This is brilliant, could get another cm or two out of this streamer hopefully.

Yeah I'm a couple of miles west of Lichfield and it is starting to come down readuky again. Blowing about as well!

yeah doing well, snowing well, easterly looks good as well for weekend

Posted

yeah doing well, snowing well, easterly looks good as well for weekend

Can we now call this a proper winter? I have never experienced one like it before! Absolutely no sign of the cold abating.

Tonight though could see a seriously severe frost thanks to the snowcover, wouldn't be surprised if I got -8c or below tonight when it clears.

Posted

I have given up with Metoffice radar - its currently showing nothing over Derby and its been snowing for a while - same happened yesterday.

Raintoday seems to be be best for me but they have annoyed me as they have switched the zoom off - just get a better server!!! cheapskates. Also from announcements on their websites looks like they may be charging soon.

My weather station arrived last night woo hoo (my best christmas present ever) just need to find somewhere to fix it - not easy thing to do.

Edited by Snowcheeks