Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Agonisingly slow progress and definitely weakening. It will probably get here eventually though.

I'm very tired and not sure I'm going to be able to keep awake much longer. Will see what the morning brings.

Posted

I was writing a reply on that before the board went down. Essentially it looks like an occlusion, but the situation has become so messed up now, I don't know what to think.

(1) I'm up too late, can hear baby crying again

(2) Clutching for straws

(3) Irrespective of weather, I probably should work at home tomorrow practically for writing some abstracts for conferences

(4) Can't do (3) without a good few inches because I think I promised to look at stuff for others

Meh

Definately going to snow in East Northants very soon judging by the radar. That should top up my 1cm nicely.

No, done exactly the same. Stopped a few miles to the south.

Posted

woke at 3.30am just to excited by this event, guess what it is still snowing heavly, who cares about central southern england and their 40cms ((ha ha )

it is SNOWMAGGEDON in Matlock at present these showers are really piling in the snow fantastic stuff. As others have said, i,m going to really enjoy this and the next few weeks becauce this sort of synoptic pattern could be a once in 20 year occurence, ( or have things changed ?? ) New decade, is the 2010,s the new 70's ha ha (southerly tracking jet and all that. Saw the senoir met office guy on TV) Brought back memories of the BBQ summer and the MILD winter ,ha,ha. :p:p

Posted

woke at 3.30am just to excited by this event, guess what it is still snowing heavly, who cares about central southern england and their 40cms ((ha ha )

it is SNOWMAGGEDON in Matlock at present these showers are really piling in the snow fantastic stuff. As others have said, i,m going to really enjoy this and the next few weeks becauce this sort of synoptic pattern could be a once in 20 year occurence, ( or have things changed ?? ) New decade, is the 2010,s the new 70's ha ha (southerly tracking jet and all that. Saw the senoir met office guy on TV) Brought back memories of the BBQ summer and the MILD winter ,ha,ha. clap.gifclap.gif

Posted

good mornin fellow peeps! hope u all got at least a little sleep!

i had four hours in the end! was just too hyped up with what was happening with the weather to sleep lol!

wow! the amount of snow i have out my window is immense! yahoo.gif

however on a more serious note i hope tthe general population dont play silly buggers and are careful out there this morning! the conditions are treacherous unsure.gif

I just have to get to work today! im not going to need to leave home until 13:30 so hopefully the main roads will be a bit clearer by then. stay safe all u guys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

SNOWWWW DAYYYYY, YAY:yahoo:

Looks like a bit more snow is on the way as well! Temperature is worrying me slightly through, gradually creeping closer to freezing point, they said it wouldn't get above -2c here today!

Posted

SNOWWWW DAYYYYY, YAY:yahoo:

Looks like a bit more snow is on the way as well! Temperature is worrying me slightly through, gradually creeping closer to freezing point, they said it wouldn't get above -2c here today!

yep! snow day for all the kids around our area today i think! the list of schools shut today is very big

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

yep! snow day for all the kids around our area today i think! the list of schools shut today is very big

My eldest has a snow day but as yet the primary is open! But our village school is shut so I'm not sure we shall venture out...

Decent covering here of around 20cm, people with their shovels out clearing it out for their cars :D

No worries about a thaw today as was yesterday, feeling bitterly cold with colder air moving in later on from the northeast :)

Can't wait for severe frosts over the snow cover, valley areas near me should be incredibly cold at night :o

Posted

My eldest has a snow day but as yet the primary is open! But our village school is shut so I'm not sure we shall venture out...

i wouldn't venture out if i were u lol! unless of course u r going out in the garden to throw snowballs or make a snowman yahoo.gif

Posted

radio hereford and worcester have just said more snow likely this morning! as if we havent got enough already acute.gif

Posted

Looks like I have a snow day. In excess of 6" here (not been out to measure it yet) - methinks not much point in opening the shop!

Posted

That was fun, now whens the next lot arriving drinks.gif

rofl.gif u greedy bugger!

look on meto radar and that little finger just north of brum is sinking south! we may get some from that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

How exiciting is all this! I only have a few centimeters but more coming down so hoping..... on the down side for me my work is open boo! And i have a dodgy boiler but still, how great is all this!yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Hoping that streamer line sinks south enough to hit me, on current course it should do, snowing lightly here now as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The feature was forecast last nightto pass us this morning and you can see how that takin shape if you look at the met radar over the last few hrs ,

Its intensifying and growing in size and not only 20miles north from brum at min , interesting feature a lot of ppl overlooked i bet last night but i certainly didnt and woke up to see its right on track!!

Remember how small the feature was yesterday morning was to look at on the radar by the time it crossed brum it looked tiny , but when it came it came hard , gave me 2inc in an hour or so ,

This feature this morning looks less intense but fatter .