Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Erm...are you sure? I just walked back from town through falling snow... :lol:

Well I've just checked the street lamp outside my window - can't see anything falling but I've noticed it's easier to see falling snow in flood lamp/sodium lamps much easier than the gas lamps round here!

Posted

Where abouts is tonights small band of snow which is forecast to come down the eastern side of the country, likely to come from.

Is it the area of showers in the northeast or something totally separate, I have no idea... :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

We've got about 2 inches but all the the precipitation is going westwards about 3-5 miles below me now so I think that's it. Still, it's bought it home to me that once the cold's properly here, the snow can really hit the midlands and we've got solid cold for another week now so who knows. This particular heavy precip didn't even show up until 48 hours out so I know it can hit again at any time - regardless of how we haven't been affected by it so far, this is a proper winter and we will all get our snow, I can see it!

P.S. Am a bit drunk on Champagne now - my only sibling (my wonderful sister, Mandy) gave birth to a baby boy today (after a couple of ivf attempts) so I am an aunty for the first and probably only time. I'm on top of the world!!!!!

Awww, congratulations!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Awww, congratulations!

Thank you camperstron :whistling:

Posted

Erm...are you sure? I just walked back from town through falling snow... :whistling:

Now, if only those people in Northampton would share nicely... :pardon:

Just noesd out window and its almost stopped, gone very fine now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snow turning heavier again. :whistling:

Those to my North East/East- Keep us updated!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Ooh, snowing again, reached that magic 1cm mark- if it keeps on just maybe we'll get the 5 by 9am........

I had just come back on to report the same, I actually think that here (town center) were almost at 2cm!! Crazy figures...

its not really stopped, gone very sporadic at times, but its decent snow now.. hope it keeps going a while yet, then I await ever school around to be shut in Shrewsbury tomora for a couple of CM of snow..

With 30 minutes left of a totally frustrating day, has our patiance been rewarded (mind we will never get total like some places have today)

Posted

We managed an entire inch of snow in the end in Telford though it stopped around 11pm other than tiny dandruff flakes.

Im quite disgusted that the main area of snow coming up from the south looks like sliding westwards about 15 miles south of here...in fact 10 miles probably south of here...

Posted

Having trouble with this site, i think its full to bursting point :)

Looking at MetO radar i think thats it for Northampton. At least until its pivoted more, not holding my breathe though

Posted

Snow turning heavier again. :)

Those to my North East/East- Keep us updated!

Anything that reaches me should reach you within a few minutes. :)

It is certainly turning heavier (slightly bigger than '50p flakes'), although I fear it's the heiviest we may get from this band. It looks to be a bit prolonged, though.

Posted

Snowing heavily again...i think the next lot is arriving. The question is....how much of it will we get before it slips southwards?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Going to be some monumental snow amounts by the morning in the West Midlands (South and West of Birmingham area) and places like Central Southern England. Defanitly 20cm+ in a lot of places in the areas I just mentioned. I would have loved to have seen that but 5cm is alright :lol: Still not seen a truly MASSIVE snow depth like 20cm+ here, hoped I might see it tonight but it just wasn't to be, missed by 5-10 miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Anything that reaches me should reach you within a few minutes. :lol:

It is certainly turning heavier (slightly bigger than '50p flakes'), although I fear it's the heiviest we may get from this band. It looks to be a bit prolonged, though.

Bigger than 50p will do great because thats BIG! :)

Posted

Anything that reaches me should reach you within a few minutes. :good:

New 50P or old 50P :D:D

jk.

Posted

Snow starting to fall again here in Worcs after a brief lull. I'm wondering whether this is the leading part of the pivot? Radar hints that it is...? ph34r.gif

yep! its snowing really heavy again yahoo.gifdrinks.gif

Posted

We're on the borderline here, seriously. We're picking up the loose scraps, but hey, the scraps will do me just fine! :good:

Where in birmingham are you mate?, nothing been falling here for a couple of hours now, frustrating that snow is still about just a few miles away. Think im just a little to far north west...

Edited by tom_f123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Having trouble with this site, i think its full to bursting point laugh.gif

Looking at MetO radar i think thats it for Northampton. At least until its pivoted more, not holding my breathe though

You and me both! Servers failed 4 times that I know of!! Ok, but there providing a service for a profit, however dodgy ground on the internet!!!

If I sold someone sausage that evaporated before they got home I`D BE IN THE SH*T........................................................................................ NETWEATHER RADAR ... GO OUT N BUY IT!!!ph34r.gif

Mods feel free to shoot me!

Posted

I had just come back on to report the same, I actually think that here (town center) were almost at 2cm!! Crazy figures...

its not really stopped, gone very sporadic at times, but its decent snow now.. hope it keeps going a while yet, then I await ever school around to be shut in Shrewsbury tomora for a couple of CM of snow..

With 30 minutes left of a totally frustrating day, has our patiance been rewarded (mind we will never get total like some places have today)

I was thinking actually, when was the last time all the schools in Shrewsbury were closed due to snow? I remember having a couple of days off in 1990-91; the few times since we've had decent snow have always been in the holidays (Dec 1995 and 1996/7 New Year; halfterm in Feb 1994) or on Sunday (12 Mar 2006).

Crazy indeed this 2cm thing, they ought to build an airport here because it would never have snow closures :good: