Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

post-10736-12628123312752_thumb.jpgpost-10736-12628122923152_thumb.jpgpost-10736-12628121504652_thumb.jpg

linslade ,leighton buzzard tonght

Very pretty, I have had to put my photo's in my gallery (I have know idea how to do them like you have)

The snow here is glittering with frost now, looks great !

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

S + E Kent, E Sussex & Brighton warning extended from 8pm to midnight - just noticed

We are really close to getting hit by that second lot , though it's a low chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

I'll repeat myself , it's a low pressure system developed in cold air... This low pressure is due to hit EA and SE Tomorrow

Can't wait...... :D

Posted

Just see kids rolling two very large snowballs up the street... so big there was about 8 kids... Looks like they're making a snowman on the roundabout near my house but we shall see.

If it were here I would not be surprised to see them put it through someones front door!!!

Peter Cockroft from BBC London Weather said tonight that the piece of ice he held from one of the Trafalgar Square fountain will not melt until February.

Is he going to put it in the freezer?

Posted

Tomorrow afternoon looks very good for most of Ea/SE, the south-western part of the zone probably won't get much, maybe a few showers reaching SW of London but not many...to be quite frank you guys down there don't need any more snow full stop really!

Saturday and Sunday still look a bit of a uncertain set-up though IMO....will have to wait and see with that one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

on google earth it has high wycombe as -9C at 8pm, is it going to get immensely cold or sumthing? its only -2C here...

i know its always a bit colder out of town but...

Posted

on channel five news they had widespread snow across south britian on sunday

most schools closed in bucks tommorow do you think conditions will be fine on friday

Posted

Saturday and Sunday still look a bit of a uncertain set-up though IMO....will have to wait and see with that one.

How so? , snow wise ?. Well with that north east track i'm sure someone will get hit

Posted

Very pretty, I have had to put my photo's in my gallery (I have know idea how to do them like you have)

The snow here is glittering with frost now, looks great !

thanks very much for your comment ,if you look at the bottom corner of the screen when your replying to a post you will see the buttons you need but im sure theres someone on here thats better at it than me as that was the first time and ive forgotton how i did it :D

Posted

on google earth it has high wycombe as -9C at 8pm, is it going to get immensely cold or sumthing? its only -2C here...

i know its always a bit colder out of town but...

Yes its extremely cold outside here

Posted

Has it reached manston yet?

Posted

We are really close to getting hit by that second lot , though it's a low chance

Think you might, if it follows the same track as its brother...we all could!!!

Already a couple of inches already here in Folkestone - think the downs will do very well from this!

Posted

Bitterly cold for a couple of days but heavy snow for all SE corner Sat Sun. Expect near time upgrades on this...substantial falls to come.

BFTP

I'm guessing we are too far inland here? Is this that low from France?

Posted

Care to explain what happened with the beast from the east in 87 then? The reason that we are getting the snow over the coming days is because the sea is warm, with cold air travelling over it causing convection. Granted, areas close to the coast will never do that well, but you don't have to move too far in land. I lived 6 miles from the coast in 87, and we got absolutely dumped on, cut off for 2 weeks. Not sure we have had loads of snow during this current remarkable winter, but had 4 inches before Christmas, plus it has snowed all but 2 days of the last 7. Northerlies as far as I can remember are rarely that good for Norfolk.

In 1987 Southend had over 2 feet in places! I loved that January as I was only 7 :) We're right on the coast.

Posted

Snowing hear in Manston again!!!

Awesome!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Today - Wednesday 6th January.

Heavy snow in Guildford at last. drinks.gif

Snow fell from 6 pm Tuesday 5th to 5:30 pm today with the heaviest periods of snow around 8:15 pm to 9:30 pm last night, 2 am to 4 am then 3:45 pm to 5:15 pm today. The remainder of the time, the snow was moderate with some heavy bursts.

Depths at Guildford ranged from 9~12 cm around 11:30 am to a lovely crisp 15~17 cm by 6 pm this evening.laugh.gif

Satisfaction at last!

I'm pleased Portsmouth & I.O.W. did well out of this too, as posters / snow enthusiasts from there were feeling as disillusioned as I was until last night.

So, no more posts from me on the whining thread for a while, I think. smile.gif

For those who have yet to see decent snow this winter - I hope your wait isn't too long now.

Thoroughly enjoyed doing a 9 hour shift in the supermarket car park in the snow today and working in heavy snow is easier than rain as the snow brushes off clothes and doesn't soak through. The only clothes 'casualty' today were wet work boots as snow infiltrated around the laces and wet trouser hems which froze just before finishing at 8:30 pm.

Lovely frost now so our lovely snow will be preserved a bit longer. Seriously though, this snow could be around for quite a while now and with some hopeful top up snowfalls. Wonder if we will make 14 days of continuous lying snow in January 2010?

Posted

I'm back in Norwich this weekend (UEA) and am initially concerned about the long journey, but also oddly at the same time am concerned about missing all the heavy snow due across Kent on Saturday where Norfolk stays dry.

Then stay in Kent :)

Posted

In 1987 Southend had over 2 feet in places! I loved that January as I was only 7 :) We're right on the coast.

I was 15 and we were cut off in Wakering if i remember rightly, those were the days. :)