Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Still snowing here in Macc, and although it is light and intermittant there is a white covering on previously uncovered areas. Sun's out too.

ETA Snow fizzled out about about 2 mins after posting! Keeping my eye on the next batch of cloud from the east....

Edited by loobiloo

Posted

Anyone registering temp drops?

Min last night due to cloud was -1.6C

Its dropped to -2.4C in the last half hour

Wind is NE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

My min last night was -4.3c and we had cloud. Temp is rising now.

-1.6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

it appears theres a light dusting a snow on the plants this morning, but only very light.

Posted

My min last night was -4.3c and we had cloud. Temp is rising now.

-1.6c.

At one point last night I thought we where going to see rain, the clouds where very dark (even the dp ended up very marginal) and very low and thanks to this our temps where quite high considering. However in the last half hour they are sinking.

Now -2.5C

Future radar still has this light snow encroaching on us here in the west. I have also included the latest radar image for comparison.

post-8049-12630356570542_thumb.png

post-8049-12630356970142_thumb.png

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

I think its fair to say any snow falling tomorrow will need elevation of around 150m and you will need to be in the south of the region, this could change during today...these temps are a hinderance to any snow tomorrow.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

I think its fair to say any snow falling tomorrow will need elevation of around 150m and you will need to be in the south of the region, this could change during today...these temps are a hinderance to any snow tomorrow.

Im very worried about these temps atm, snow could melt today!!

-1.0c already! :drinks:

Posted

the temperatures across the region as a whjole seem pretty cold to me. \i woujld be very surprised to see rain, then again, last time rain wass mentioned and people were worrying I got 5 inches of snow so I shan't worry

Posted

Looks like it's all going to melt today. :clap:

-0.7c

Posted

Gloriously sunny here with a gentle breeze :unsure: showers not far, but as usual they're dying quickly over the Pennines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

its -0.7 not 7C, I very much doubt your temperature will rise that much.. besides even a temperature of 2C will not be enough to melt all the snow today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Had a few moderate showers earlier, some nice sized flakes at times too! hope more of these showers make it across the Pennines!

Posted

it appears theres a light dusting a snow on the plants this morning, but only very light.

There was a light flurry at 3am this morning stephen. Just enough to dust the cars and plants

Posted

its -0.7 not 7C, I very much doubt your temperature will rise that much.. besides even a temperature of 2C will not be enough to melt all the snow today.

What can we expect the temps to rise to today. It got to -4.3c last night, this time yesterday it was still -3c.

-0.6c now - Although the rise is slow, I think it will get above 1c today. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Looks like it's all going to melt today. :D

-0.7c

Don't panic, my garden is south facing has sun on it all week and recorded temps of +2.7c, and it hasn't melted yet , the ground temps are a lot colder than the air temp and and besides temps of plus 2-3 is still bloody cold(your still in the minuses)

Stephen P , just saw your post (i've repeated basically what you said), hope that puts BT 's mind at ease :D

Edited by Spurry

Posted

Hi everyone,

Been reading the site for a while but only registered today.

I was still up at 1.45am and we had light snow in Maghull just north of Liverpool, near Ormskirk.

I can't wait to see if we get more this weekend, but only after we have been out to get some shopping later on!!

biggrin.gif

Jenn

Posted

It doesn't put my mind at ease. :lol:

Coz it's -0.4c now.

Posted

It doesn't put my mind at ease. :whistling:

Coz it's -0.4c now.

You might need to sign up for counsilling then as it's supposed to rise above 0C tomorrow.

Hi Jenny, yes we saw the slightest of dutings this morning, really dry snow though, you could blow is off the surfaces. It was only a sugar coating though if that, and most of it's being melted by the sun.

Posted

LCC received a delivery of salt last night and they don't know when they are getting anymore :yahoo: they are banking on the snow tomorrow being a non event because if it does snow then they will run out. Looking round today there's plenty of cloud to the east of here but its fizzling out over the Longridge area, at the moment its dry and sunny with a temp of -0.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

LCC received a delivery of salt last night and they don't know when they are getting anymore :yahoo: they are banking on the snow tomorrow being a non event because if it does snow then they will run out. Looking round today there's plenty of cloud to the east of here but its fizzling out over the Longridge area, at the moment its dry and sunny with a temp of -0.3c.

I wonder if any is going to school car parks, because where I work in Leyland was an ice rink, hence closed Friday. I guess they're prioritizing roads.

Posted

I wonder if any is going to school car parks, because where I work in Leyland was an ice rink, hence closed Friday. I guess they're prioritizing roads.

Don't think there's much chance of that. My kids school was closed Wednesday and i have no idea how they opened Thursday & Friday, pavements and car park very dangerous - it was the only primary school to be open in the local area.

Its funny though, i have been in the city centre this week, and for next week also, the only place(s) that have plenty of grit & salt are the entrances to the local council offices and administrative buildings what a coincidence.

I have only just looked at that last GFS run for the NW it does not look at all bad does it :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

We're back in the meto advisories folks...

Posted

+1c, calm, partly cloudy (cumulus) with occasional sunshine

light flurries in the early morning but came to little

still lying snow