Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

No one can say what is going to happen regarding the rest of Winter, no matter how much they think they know. I think it's highly unlikely that if a milder breakdown is the next stage for mid-late next week, that we would be able to get such a prolonged cold spell as we have experienced over these last few weeks. But that's not to say we won't get some "cold snaps", shorter periods of cold and perhaps very snowy weather. Usually I expect February to provide me with some good snowfall, but given how the last month has panned out, February could play out just as differently as January and December have when comparing to years gone by.

Let's just take one step at a time, so by that I mean focusing on Sunday and Monday for the potential of decent snowfall. I would love much more snowfall to affect here, but if does not then I won't be that disappointed as I said before, these last few days have been awesome!

i think making predictions on snowfall during sunday and monday is going to be a little tricky at the moment. best see what it looks like by tomorrow morning, but it could be a few cms, could be very little. saying it will be nowhere near as good as tuesdays event is a little premature at the moment. you're probably right, but we all know how rubbish it was looking until monday night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I thought i'd correct your post whistling.gif

lol!!! I like your correction there! rofl.gif

A lot of people are saying that *when* the breakdown comes (be it next week or the week after) that's pretty much it for this winter... there's a whole stream of SWerlies coming in

Ignore them people, GFS 12Z is showing another two cold weeks with no end in sight and if it comes off sw'lys taking over is a long long way away, sw'ly dominated Februaries are rare.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

omg you guys look at NG5 on my attachment!! LOL!!!!!!!! snow-goes-around-my-house.... crazy.gif

post-8050-12629692076342_thumb.png

Posted

hey Lesta- you'll be getting snow before me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

All you Nottingham Watchers - this is your site if you're not in the "citteh": http://www.itsnottingham.info/cctv/

For the record, my nearest is the Ilkeston Road/Seely Road cam, to the west of the City Centre! :diablo:

Nah, you'll see loads more on the Jam Cams, more light :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It looks like the heavier showers will probably be pushing into the Derby area to the west of Notts/Leicester and filter through towards Birmingham weakening all the while

Posted

drinks.gifLADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT- NG5, I REPEAT, NG5 NOW OFFICIALLY HAS LIGHT SNOW.

drunk.gifdrinks.gifdrunk.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

hey Lesta- you'll be getting snow before me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Radar must be lying because it says you have snow now :p and says I do too and nothing is falling :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

drinks.gifLADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT- NG5, I REPEAT, NG5 NOW OFFICIALLY HAS LIGHT SNOW.

drunk.gifdrinks.gifdrunk.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:p:clap::clap::diablo::p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Light snow now here in Giltbrook (the suburb of IKEA) :diablo:

Posted

Nah, you'll see loads more on the Jam Cams, more light :p

That's the same cameras, only those cams have more light because they're running behind!

I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap::yahoo: :yahoo:

It has to be heavy snow, not this light, poxy stuff! ;)

Posted

Tiny bits of dandruff on the wind in NG7! ph34r.gif

give it 5 minutes, and you will have heavy dandruff in the wind... then another 2 minutes and its deffo light snow..

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

[

No need to shout!....I dread to think of the size of your text if you had snow dumping...We'd probably all need 80 inch Plasma screens to fit the text on the screen!

Posted

give it 5 minutes, and you will have heavy dandruff in the wind... then another 2 minutes and its deffo light snow..

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz diablo.gif

It's getting a little more substantial, not even the heaviest today so far! Though getting close!

boy-cry.jpg

LMAO

That's quite possibly the most traumatic picture I've seen. Ever. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Posted

Slightly off topic for the midlands cold spell discussion eh Andy??...... :yahoo::yahoo:

Posted

boy-cry.jpg

LMAO

(insert huge Homer Simpson laugh) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

ah....+wipes forehead+ actually, its bloody stopped now, and is back to random flurries in the wind. nea.gif