Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I assume the warmer air going over our cold carries alot of moisture, so with it slow moving there is no need to worry about it fizzling out quickly. :)

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

i wonder how heavy it will actually be this eve...is it gonna be really that bad?

I'm a little concerned about marginality for us coastal areas, but hopefully we'll see snow. Looks to be fairly light on the radar.

Posted

Looks like yet another near miss for London unless the easterly element of the wind picks up. Grr.

Come on Beast stop being lazy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Looks like yet another near miss for London unless the easterly element of the wind picks up. Grr.

Come on Beast stop being lazy.

yea come onnn!!! west london ftw

Posted

I'm a little concerned about marginality for us coastal areas, but hopefully we'll see snow. Looks to be fairly light on the radar.

I'm concerned about it, however it's not like previous scenarios where the cold hasn't been as entrenched as it is right now.

Posted

The Snow bands will eventually cover the whole London region, more so this evening. Can be quite confusing as winds will become stronger NE'ly, but the precipitation is pushing in, in a NW'ly direction as we speak, hence why the BBC & The Met Office go with Kent and Sussex bearing the brunt of the heavier showers that will merge to longer and frequent spells of snow for some time before it moves away west tomorrow afternoon leaving light to moderate showers in it's wake.

Overall I feel 2-10cm for London, further south and east will no doubt receive 10-20cm, perhaps more judging by the amounts there already getting.

Enjoy it! It's coming.drinks.gif

Posted

i wonder how heavy it will actually be this eve...is it gonna be really that bad?

Getting blitzed with snow down here!.

And we weren't even meant to get much here until later. This evening will be interesting.

Posted

dont know if this will work pics were too large last time i tried, these were taken on the 7th but had lots more since, just not taken any more since due to carrying a bowl of warm water out to the bird baths today i slipped up on backside and ended up with the water over me lol

post-2244-12630417099442_thumb.jpg

post-2244-12630417361642_thumb.jpg

post-2244-12630419245542_thumb.jpg

Posted

Was wondering what my chances of snow are here in Addlestone, Surrey today. Been watching http://raintoday.co.uk but can't determine which direction it is moving :)

It is edging west I think, but painfully slowly.

Posted

dont know if this will work pics were too large last time i tried, these were taken on the 7th but had lots more since, just not taken any more since due to carrying a bowl of warm water out to the bird baths today i slipped up on backside and ended up with the water over me lol

now they are too little

Posted

Hi guys and girls, have been lurking for a while and am a bit new to all this.

Does anyone think the clouds coming from holland area will give essex any snow? dont know if they are carrying much ppn or will it pick up over the north sea/channel.

Posted

now turning heavy in ipswich plus the wind geting up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

sky forecasting heavy snow on monday throughout the UK on monday with upto 40cm of snowfall in many places.

hope this happensrolleyes.gif

just starting to snow now in colchester. very light at the moment.

Posted

The Snow bands will eventually cover the whole London region, more so this evening. Can be quite confusing as winds will become stronger NE'ly, but the precipitation is pushing in, in a NW'ly direction as we speak, hence why the BBC & The Met Office go with Kent and Sussex bearing the brunt of the heavier showers that will merge to longer and frequent spells of snow for some time before it moves away west tomorrow afternoon leaving light to moderate showers in it's wake.

Overall I feel 2-10cm for London, further south and east will no doubt receive 10-20cm, perhaps more judging by the amounts there already getting.

I'll take that forecast, even 2cm I would be delighted with, in all honesty we already have quite a bit lying here in Ealing. Hope my snow starved mates down in Brixton pick up more, south London deserves its chance, and I feel sorry for my buddy as he is a snowbie and all he got was 1-2cm during the week which has now turned to ice in the heat island.

sky forecasting heavy snow on monday throughout the UK on monday with upto 40cm of snowfall in many places.

hope this happensrolleyes.gif

just starting to snow now in colchester. very light at the moment.

Cripes. Do you have a link???

Edited by Downpour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

yey! im sure im too far west but im pretty close to london really... thanks for this XD

Posted

Looking at BBC the front is expected to not move very much throughout Today, a little further west into London this Evening.

Once the wind is behind it later on, the front will begin to move quicker west.

Posted

Getting blitzed with snow down here!.

And we weren't even meant to get much here until later. This evening will be interesting.

It's great isn't it? Is it all laying nicely down there? Apparently Spitfire Way coming upo into Hawkinge is getting to be passable only with care

Posted

Looking at BBC the front is expected to not move very much throughout Today, a little further west into London this Evening.

Once the wind is behind it later on, the front will begin to move quicker west.

I suppose it's better for London to get any it's going to get after nightfall, as we don't want heat island trapping to stop it settling in inner areas.

I still have my doubts looking at how lazy the Beast has been today, but I guess he may wake up a bit later – and I haven't actually seen any recent forecasts. Hope you are right about tonight mate.

BTW do other winds have nicknames? I call the West Wind the Pest from the West, but do north and south or others have nicknames?