Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Oh, I'm the other side of town, just off Lewes Road in Brighton, near the Sainsbury's. It keeps ranging in terms of strength of precipitation but I'd call it heavy right now.

Cool,well send it my way lol,saying that it is a bit heavier now,so fingers crossedrolleyes.gif

Posted

If you look under the 3 counties header - Essex is not listed. Essex users on that thread are referred to this one.

Oh right, an innocent mistake for sure, hopefully it will be put right when they open a new thread. Anyway, lots of snow falling here, will nip over to the other thread to see whats happening just over the Essex border.

Posted

Snow here is like a thick drizzle but blowing around in an increasing north easterly. Still around 15cm of lying snow here, perhaps slightly more. Pavements not iced yet - there is still some give in the snow to allow for some grip. My crampons are on standby though - wore them before Christmas on the verglas-like streets of Reigate, having last used them in the Scottish Highlands a few years back. I have to say I had not expected to use them in anger again, let alone in Surrey.

AS

Using crampons in Surrey is certainly a bit surreal. My favourite surreal moment of this winter so far is getting a text from a friend in Horsham saying she'd seen people cross-country skiing!

Posted

VERY HEAVY SNOW HERE RIGHT NOW AND IT'S A WHITE OUT

GRITTERS ARE OUT IN FORCE

Posted

Basically stopped here. What is going on ? Had nothing heavy at all today. Heaviest was when I was in Waitrose (Which was the busiest I have ever seen it).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Afternoon coasty, Afternoon all.

Well this, frankly is getting crazy now in Eastbourne.

I can honestly say i cant remember such persistant and heavy(ish) snow for such a long period here and i can remember 87 etc very well. By the sounds of it we seem to be getting the brunt of it here, il try to post a few pics in a bit. Waaahoooo.

Cough, ehem excuse me.

Nice one! You were sounding a little panicky the last few days! :wallbash: Glad you got it eventually!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Basically stopped here. What is going on ? Had nothing heavy at all today. Heaviest was when I was in Waitrose (Which was the busiest I have ever seen it).

Stopped here too , the snow was better last night :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

VERY HEAVY SNOW HERE RIGHT NOW AND IT'S A WHITE OUT

GRITTERS ARE OUT IN FORCE

Hi yamkin what's changed. Do you know

Posted

We're up to 3 inches here in South Woodham. more than we got in the 00s. most since 1991 I believe.

Phwoar!! I dont believe it! congratulations man! :yahoo: Are the main roads and Asda plastered in that sort of depth aswell??

Typical I leave after 15 years there of sod all and now it gets pasted!

Posted

Using crampons in Surrey is certainly a bit surreal. My favourite surreal moment of this winter so far is getting a text from a friend in Horsham saying she'd seen people cross-country skiing!

And the people 2 doors down left their house this morning on foot carrying snowboards. I suppose it's one way to get to Morrisons....

Drizzly snow has now grown to medium sized flakes.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Dude I lost me car !

ooh ooh a new game guess the make and model

http://forumcache.ne..._687_283475.jpg

Is it high up where you are?

Posted

Got to come back over colchester at about 6 to collect my girlfriend, whats the roads like? coming from Braintree, its not to bad this way, snowing but nothing to heavy.

Mains roads are ok... with care of course! Side roads and lanes are a no go, drifts are beginning to form.

Posted

It's very strange...one minute nice thick flakes then i hear this horrible sound like rain on the window and it's gone all sleety again :yahoo:

Neil, you were right was very sleety earlier as well

Thing is it's not constant so even if it was heavy sleet it would cover everything , but we are getting atleast 30min gaps between each shower. So probably 3.5inches from the 5 we ended up with