Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Can you take a pic of the depth? I believe you, just want to see how deep the snow is down there! :cold:

Give me 2 mins to upload :cold:

Is that just from today's snow MW? If so share it out a bit!!!!

No that's just what's lying on the floor lol. About 6/7cm today so far.

Posted

started to snow in guildford, very light flurries though, nothing serious. waiting on the big stuff to blow in from the east!!!

Hi, we're a few miles south of guildford and have had light snow for past hour (enough to give a slight covering) and it's just started to get alot heavier...look out of the window, its coming your way :lol: ...enjoy !

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

finally seems to be easing off here a bit now - been out for a re-measure and we now have 29cm ( measured in as sheltered spot as possible ). We've had around 7-8cm's today alone since mid morning.

Hence, we should easily get up to and over a foot once the main band hits...

temps up a little again - back to 0.4c

Posted

Still virtually nothing in Dover, we've had the odd shower this afternoon but so light and quick it barely settles.

I'm hoping that massive blob in Holland hits East Kent but I hold my doubts :lol:

Posted

Interesting watching the bbc forecast on the website suggests quite a bit more snow on Monday, possible a countrywide event?

Posted

will it come oxford way??

we already have 17cm laying here.

smile.gif:)

Mark,Oxfor

Nice pics shame that's not like it here ...

Posted

Can you take a pic of the depth? I believe you, just want to see how deep the snow is down there! :lol:

I am totally amazed at how much I have here, I have never seen this much snow in my life! Truly amazing and it just keeps on falling!

Anyway, pics as you requested...

post-8218-12630542106242_thumb.jpg

Using 30cm ruler...

post-8218-12630542780442_thumb.jpg

and my car. The left hand side of the car (passenger side) has been exposed to the sun everyday so all the snow slides off here, only to be replaced overnight., Hence there is a lot more on the roof than on the left side !

post-8218-12630543467942_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps :)

Posted

Last time I can recall a day like today would have been sometime in the 80's. Light/Heavy - sometimes blizzard conditions throughout the whole day. We must have had at least 9cm today and now have 18cm lying on the grass. Considering I am a stones through from the sea it's truly amazingyahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

Still snowing steadly but gently in Dartford been like this for about a hour and half had about a cm.

hi all same here in belvederenonono.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

My sister has asked me to ask how much snow to expect tonight as she's off out - I told her it's a silly question as it all changes so much but promised to ask anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

hhm from that chart i could only expect a drop in accumulation, which obviously isnt going to happen.

Looked fancy though i thought.

P.S i see your a fellow boosh fan!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

The latest beeb forecasts graphics were absolutely abysmal. It only showed a tiny blob of snow over west Kent and east sussex, even though at the moment there's snow falling all over the south east. He then said the snow shifting north and westwards over the next 24 hours, but there was virtually no snow on the map!

Posted

http://weerplaza.nl/buienradar/

Thats the most disturbing thing i've seen and its coming this way!!!

hay guys been snowin for the last 2 hrs in maldon,roads are terrible.Quick question for ocean transit,im workin tonite in danbury will i get home???mellow.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Hasn't snowed for an hr now , shame

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

I think the met office should extend their warnings further east because here in Surrey we have had just a tad over 2cms fallen today and that was unexpected. Tonight i think we will see even more snow and a lot heavier.

you mean further west?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

hay guys been snowin for the last 2 hrs in maldon,roads are terrible.Quick question for ocean transit,im workin tonite in danbury will i get home???mellow.gif

Well I've just got back from a bit of sledging in Danbury, and it's pretty bad. Drving back down the hill towards Bicknacre was a nightmare. Still snowing heavily as well!

Posted

Just had a stroll up to the A414 and its crawling along with a lot of snow on the road. You should be OK but lots more snow to the NE moving through in the next 90 minutes.

Posted

Neil

Maybe - But you got a good dumping earlier you were lucky - here it has been ok but not the deluge that I was expecting because of the veering of the wind. Still tonight could and may still deliver as Kent is still in the mind's eye's of the forecasters lol! <_<

Posted

But a few showers peeping up again out towards NE over the sea by looks of things <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Neil

Maybe - But you got a good dumping earlier you were lucky - here it has been ok but not the deluge that I was expecting because of the veering of the wind. Still tonight could and may still deliver as Kent is still in the mind's eye's of the forecasters lol! <_<

True ! , i just hate the sound of dripping lol :lol: