Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 4

Posted

i just had to put this but be thankful of not a lot of snow ,as you know it turns to water and i wonder who will be getting floods next ,will Thanet become the island again :good:

Posted

Temp 0.5°c and steady.. DP -3.2°c (and falling). Coastal areas perhaps not benefitting from the sea temps. Will be interesting to see what happens inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Can anyone explain what is going on here - I have a Temp now of 1.8C and a dewpoint of -5.8 and falling apparently. I should have sleet at this temp, but it's defo snow flurries.

Posted

i just had to put this but be thankful of not a lot of snow ,as you know it turns to water and i wonder who will be getting floods next ,will Thanet become the island again :good:

Thats a valid point . . a thaw and spring tides could make things very interesting esp for low lying places like the fens.

Not sure when spring start hmmm

Janet

My temp is 2c and dew point of -1.6c . . . . so temp is rising but dew point is actually falling.

Posted

Has anyone noted the exploding precipitation in the English channel off of Devon and Dorset in the last half hour??

Posted

to be honest im more of a lightning storm person,i love the unusual in the summer ,like hail and so on ,thats one thing i love about the weather now ,its soooo unpredictable no matter where you are in the country ,ok im going back to bed ,no snow still but looking better according to my weather station ,could be a possible for in the morning

Current data for Linslade

10 January 2010 00:31:11

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.5

Trend (per hour) +0.2

Average today 0.5

Wind chill -1.9

Humidex -2.1

Dew Point -2.0

Rel Humidity 83%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 10.7 N

Average Speed 4.5 NW

Pressure (mb):

Current 1020.5

Trend (per hour) -0.4

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Im recording a temp of -0.9'c and a dp of -2.3'c here in the center of MK. Odd why some folks are reporting such low dew points. Are these your own observations or are you all looking at the same website which may be reporting these incorrectly?

Posted

Im recording a temp of -0.9'c and a dp of -2.3'c here in the center of MK. Odd why some folks are reporting such low dew points. Are these your own observations or are you all looking at the same website which may be reporting these incorrectly?

http://www.newport-pagnell-weather.org/newportwx.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
whistling.gif Dont forget the ground to air temp mix as well people, get chill factor from that mixed in with wind.???

Posted

Have a look at this.

http://weather.stives-town.info/temperature.asp

Posted

The latest BBC forecast continues to predict snowfall from later tonight until monday afternoon. They are suggesting temps of 0C in Norwich at 9am tomorrow with heavy snow.

At the moment the combination of cloud cover, ENE,ly flow and no precip is why temps range between 0C to 2C in this region. However if and when the precip falls this will be as snow due to upper temps still being around -9C. This will have the knock on effect of lowering the temps by 2C which is why the BBC are suggesting this.

The warm front currently lies just across the English Channel at the moment. However I will not lie to you because the precip forecast is very uncertain as the behaviour of warm fronts often are. Let me put it this way if I was living in Kent, Sussex I would be very wary of getting the predicted 10-20cm snowfall!

Posted

Unless my own weather station is malfunctioning it seems a little odd to me, my temp is lower and dp higher, also im recording relative humidity of 82% not 70% being reported on that website :/

Posted

Unless my own weather station is malfunctioning it seems a little odd to me, my temp is lower and dp higher, also im recording relative humidity of 82% not 70% being reported on that website :/

Could it be due to the urban/rural location?

(I have no idea if that would make any difference)

Posted

Dave

Most of us gave up on even a Dusting down here about 4 hours ago if you look at the Start of our Part 50 Thread.

Have you seen the Mass of Precip moving NorthWest about 100 Miles further West along the Coast near Hampshire :D:)

Posted

The latest BBC forecast continues to predict snowfall from later tonight until monday afternoon. They are suggesting temps of 0C in Norwich at 9am tomorrow with heavy snow.

At the moment the combination of cloud cover, ENE,ly flow and no precip is why temps range between 0C to 2C in this region. However if and when the precip falls this will be as snow due to upper temps still being around -9C. This will have the knock on effect of lowering the temps by 2C which is why the BBC are suggesting this.

The warm front currently lies just across the English Channel at the moment. However I will not lie to you because the precip forecast is very uncertain as the behaviour of warm fronts often are. Let me put it this way if I was living in Kent, Sussex I would be very wary of getting the predicted 10-20cm snowfall!

Thanks TEITS, that puts everything into perspective for me.

Posted

Well looking at the second site posted showing stats in canbridgeshire, too me it appears theres a dry inversion forming, hence the extremely low DP and big drop in humidity. Imho this doesn't bode well for snowfall, if theres no moisture in the atmosphere then notalot if any precipitation is going to fall :(

Posted

Well looking at the second site posted showing stats in canbridgeshire, too me it appears theres a dry inversion forming, hence the extremely low DP and big drop in humidity. Imho this doesn't bode well for snowfall, if theres no moisture in the atmosphere then notalot if any precipitation is going to fall :(

Still snowing here, bit more than dandruff now too.

Not much more mind.

Posted

Wary in getting it or not getting it? lol :(

Posted

Can't say i can see any snow falling in the centre of MK Lizzieloo202, just overcast, dry and extremely cold in the strengthening wind.

Posted

The trouble with this situation is i've been here before. I remember a few years ago the BBC were predicting heavy snow from a similiar source i.e the SE and yet nothing developed. You see this isn't a band of precip moving from the SE. As I said earlier this was going to develop via precipitation forming over the N Sea as the warm front moves NW. However like I say the warm front remains in the English channel at the moment which is why I wouldn't write this off just yet.

Lets just hope the front gets a move on because all the moisture remains in the channel. Infact we currently have drier air into the SE which is why the precip is fading.

Posted

Can't say i can see any snow falling in the centre of MK Lizzieloo202, just overcast, dry and extremely cold in the strengthening wind.

it is, honestly. Very strong light outside, snow is definitely falling here.