Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 4

Posted

2.5c here now, with a noticeable thaw (yes, obviously at that kid of temp). Wind gusty though with a NW/WNW aspect which I don't understand at all. Meteox radar dropping ppn off the coast of Norfolk like t is hitting a wall.

Time for bed, fingers crossed, just a light covering tonight will keep me watching tomorrow (he lies!! :( )

Posted

The trouble with this situation is i've been here before. I remember a few years ago the BBC were predicting heavy snow from a similiar source i.e the SE and yet nothing developed. You see this isn't a band of precip moving from the SE. As I said earlier this was going to develop via precipitation forming over the N Sea as the warm front moves NW. However like I say the warm front remains in the English channel at the moment which is why I wouldn't write this off just yet.

Lets just hope the front gets a move on because all the moisture remains in the channel. Infact we currently have drier air into the SE which is why the precip is fading.

I think i understand that :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

TEITS have a look at the BBC local situation for our area on the rainfall graphics, they are showing light snow for us now - they really are way off tonight.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

The trouble with this situation is i've been here before. I remember a few years ago the BBC were predicting heavy snow from a similiar source i.e the SE and yet nothing developed. You see this isn't a band of precip moving from the SE. As I said earlier this was going to develop via precipitation forming over the N Sea as the warm front moves NW. However like I say the warm front remains in the English channel at the moment which is why I wouldn't write this off just yet.

Lets just hope the front gets a move on because all the moisture remains in the channel. Infact we currently have drier air into the SE which is why the precip is fading.

It's the old waiting game again. Will it wont it?

About as exciting though as the rubbish currently on the TV, think i'll head off to bed in a few minutes and see what morning brings.

Posted

it is, honestly. Very strong light outside, snow is definitely falling here.

You are right, snow is developing over your area right now, see Raintoday.com

Posted

snowing steadily here now

Your snow seems to coming out of nowhere! - obviously developing right over you, just as TEITS said.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Welcome :)

Best thing to do is radar watch and cross your fingers :)

OMG I just saw a red pixel go past my window...

no really, it missed the lampost by at least 20cm

Edited by shadowcat

Posted

This major event is now not going to happen peeps. pLease dont get too excited as im afraid you will be all disappointed.

Just got in and looked at the radar chart. There is NO SNOW anywhere near our area at all in Cambs,so why all the fuss ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been to Cambridge and back, did someone leave their oven door open as temperature went from 0 to 1c when we left, to the giddy heights of 5c according to the car! Back home its around 2c, still warmer than its been for a week. We also have a sleet shower.

Cambridge has the most extraordinary urban heat island… I've noticed it loads of times. Like 18th December after the snow, left home where we'd had about 4" lovely powder snow overnight, and got into Cambridge at noon and although I know they'd had more snow than us it was thawing really fast and dripping everywhere.

NY Eve the same, left home after a light snowfall and really icy, but got to Cambridge and they'd had nothing and it was about 5C. Also in our friends' gardens there, their flowers come out about 2 or 3 weeks before ours. Maybe because they're only 11m asl and we're 100m higher in Suffolk or something, but then I'd have thought they'd be a frost pocket.

Posted

big blob in north sea don't know where that will go... EA

Edited by jojobut

Posted

I'm hoping it will head for kent like most other showers have but it looks like it will just carry on into E. Anglia :/

I also think it will be heading for EA glad you agreed. :nea:

lol

Posted

Good morning. That big blob will probably break up or track SE. Of course I hope it doesn't but we shall see. :nea:

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad I hope it dont been tracking it since 9 pm. :nea: Edit: I won't go to bed until it gets to land and then I will be promted to stay up even longer it's been a long old frustrating night but I think and of course hope its worth it even though its light snow its been incredible radar watching tonight.

Edited by Blizzard_of_Oz

Posted

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad I hope it dont been tracking it since 9 pm. :nea:

I was really hoping for something special for us this weekend but looks like we will be disappointed. Time for a cuppa. :nea:

Posted

The band is getting larger enough to cover EA and the SE, been tracking the snow from Germany joining the Holland snow now and swinging into this band, some thunder snow over Germany aswell. Great watching this even if I dont get any snow out of it, thats what its all about not just the snow lovers at the window. Im sad I know lol