Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I reckon anywhere North of M4 will be heavy snow and stay as snow as the front stall's

Grrrrrrr im 1 mile south of the M4 rain for me :) lol

Posted

Grrrrrrr im 1 mile south of the M4 rain for me :) lol

to be honest.I wouldn't take any forecast like gold at the moment..

They say they are not sure how far the snow will be inland.. :)

Edited by dogs32

Posted

So I'm confused. I don't really take snow forecasts too seriously as Poole is such a difficult place with regards to weather but Netweather are forecasting heavy rain for Tuesday night here, yet the Met Office and BBC weather are saying Heavy Snow (albeit followed by rain on Wednesday).

I'm presuming precipitation will be heavy but the deciding factor will be temperatures? This morning, it is drizzling and whilst feeling chilly, it's a lot milder that it has been for the past week. I don't have to de-ice the car, a bonus. So I guess it's not looking favourable.

I'd be interested in others opinions though.

Posted

to be honest.I wouldn't take any forecast like gold at the moment..

They say they are not sure how far the snow will be inland.. drinks.gif

Yes a nowcasting i thinks but i hope this snow does not go to far north if it does we could see rain behind it anyway off to college good luck all!!

Posted

Yes a nowcasting i thinks but i hope this snow does not go to far north if it does we could see rain behind it anyway off to college good luck all!!

To be honest that's how i see it panning out. I think the West Midlands will be the 'borderline' so to speak, eventually, say on Wednesday morning. Maybe Cotswolds still seeing snow.

Having said that it's a difficult one to call at the mo. We'll prob have to wait until tom morn to get a better idea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

So I'm confused. I don't really take snow forecasts too seriously as Poole is such a difficult place with regards to weather but Netweather are forecasting heavy rain for Tuesday night here, yet the Met Office and BBC weather are saying Heavy Snow (albeit followed by rain on Wednesday).

I'm presuming precipitation will be heavy but the deciding factor will be temperatures? This morning, it is drizzling and whilst feeling chilly, it's a lot milder that it has been for the past week. I don't have to de-ice the car, a bonus. So I guess it's not looking favourable.

In your situation/location it's a wait and see situation it's a really tough call to make.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

I don't want to hope or expect snow in any shape or form lol ! However, if we do get some of the white stuff I think it will probably start about 2.00pm, just in time for the school pick up. I gather it will turn to rain by wednesday. As I say, best to expect rain/sleet and be pleasantly surprised. :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Blizzard condition's in some place's

Oh stop it lol

Im worried that its gonna be rain here, However im also pretty sure it wont be.

AHhhhggggggggggggg my head hurtz

I wonder how much of a thaw there will be round here today.

Its already 1c

Edited by Lynxus

Posted

Not gonna happen and then this tuesday event i shall suddenly become to north and east. wallbash.gif i have a nagging feeling about it.

I'm with you on that one. Apparently there's going to be a strong SE'ly wind and I reckon that'll push it more over Cornwall/Devon/Wales than England. :blink:

We'll just have to wait and see, but, like you, I have a gut feeling.

Happy to be proved wrong though...... :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Last nights snow dropped a whole 1cm, whitening the cleared areas but as the temps are now 0.5C and DP 0C, any further PPN is only likely to speed up thawing.

I am only expecting rain / sleet on tuesday as the temps are marginal now, so cant see tomorrows low starting as snow let alone staying as - Cotswolds and F of D should do well however.

Posted

So how much we looking at 20cm-40cm tomorrow

Now, that is rampingly optimistic! :blink: :cold::D

Posted

Anyone noticed how dead it is in the model output thread because this is a SW event.

I can see lots of rain over cornwall and parts of Devon (except high ground) and snow into somerset as it pushes N/NE and hopefully stalling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Morning all,

Before the fun and games begin tomorrow, I just want to say "Feb 2009".

Anyhows, -1.5C here currently, overcast and not a breath of wind. So I reckon thats good for not much thaw today before the games tomorrow!

Spotlight going for heavy snow tomorrow and rain/sleet/snow showers for the rest of the week though... definately less cold with a max of 5 on Thursday! (I'm not sure if this is an average or the highest anywhere in the region)

Saying that, i'll be glad when it all goes away and life can return to some normality! :blink:

Posted

I reckon anywhere North of M4 will be heavy snow and stay as snow as the front stall's

Ian as it more Southern than my prediction

I'm hoping Ian is right, as I am less than 1 mile south of the M4.

:blink:

Posted

well the netweather forecast gives me lots and lots of rain for tommorow, whether itll turn too snow or not is a different matter. i remember back last february when it was like this and they were forecasting rain before it snowed, was actually quite funny because we were watching ITV news when bulletins came up about people being stuck on haldon hill with heavy snow and straight after the bulletin the weather came on and put a real emphasis on heavy rain lol

Posted

Blizzard condition's in some place's

Yeah.....to the north of me and to the south of me. :blink:

Bit of a hard one to call, although I think the SE'ly wind will not be in our favour. I think the more west and south you are, in our region, the better it will be. :cold:

Posted

well the netweather forecast gives me lots and lots of rain for tommorow, whether itll turn too snow or not is a different matter. i remember back last february when it was like this and they were forecasting rain before it snowed, was actually quite funny because we were watching ITV news when bulletins came up about people being stuck on haldon hill with heavy snow and straight after the bulletin the weather came on and put a real emphasis on heavy rain lol

Cant see snow on the south coast, just cant. Light rain and drizzle I think.

Posted

Grrrrrrr im 1 mile south of the M4 rain for me :cold: lol

Me, too! :blink: :D

I am trying to keep a sense of humour about it all. Difficult at times, though. ;);)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Plenty of thawing going on today.

Just hope some of this says about for tomorrow.

Posted

Hi all

Lots of debate regarding tomorrows possible snow. You have to differentiate this from the last low that tracked into the Channel a few weeks ago. As the low heads east it will pull in low dew points and drier air from the se, also in your favour is that the precip will be heavy, it's a very good set up for significant snow.

The uncertainty at the moment is how far ne the precip gets, it could possibly turn to rain later especially towards western parts of the region. Anyway it should be interesting to see how this develops so good luck and enjoy the snow, bear in mind though with strong winds there is likely to be drifting so take care.

Edited by nick sussex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Just been out to brush a path up the drive (again) and there are some flakes of snow in the air, looks like further north over Dartmoor might be getting some!