• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Snow started again here, bigger flakes than the last lot and the wind seems to have increased aswell ..off to work in Bridgend later ..will i make it ?

Posted

THat is clearly wrong, we are lower down than you ant its pure snow here and very bad drifting. It was more than likely fine flakes of snow blowing on a horizontal wind so you can't tell so much.

Yeah could be I suppose........still,.. its a cracking bit of weather eh!!!

Posted

Snow started again here, bigger flakes than the last lot and the wind seems to have increased aswell ..off to work in Bridgend later ..will i make it ?

bit dodgy that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Hammering down now really heavy blizzard full on, nearing 2 inches in places, infact measured it on the storage thing by the house wall and in parts its 3inches already, 2 inches on the rest, 1inch on the patio, AMAZING NIGHT TO COME if its like this! could be one of the heaviest i have seen in years (seen a foot of snow in norwich but was too young to remember) and last time i got 6inches was in 2004 i think

Good luck lol even the main road is getting covered by my street

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Regarding the amount of precipitation- this chart is for the 18hrs from midday today (so a little out of date, but it gives the general picture).

post-7763-12633211278828_thumb.gif

Roughly 1mm of rain equals 1cm of snow.

The fact it has started out as snow in many areas is a real bonus.

The official forecasts in the last 24hrs have been seriously lacking. Look at Pembs for example- Severe weather warning then taken out of the warning (totally) then gets a pasting then put back in the Severe zone. I know it's a difficult situation to forecast, but seriously, they've not done any better than a lot of the posters (respect due) on here!

Posted

Nope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Tongywnlais and the A470 was just on the news A470 looks extremely congested going north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Yes absolutely fantastic in bridgend this evening, lets just hope it can stay this heavy and this cold throughout he night

Yeah its amazing

Posted

Regarding the amount of precipitation- this chart is for the 18hrs from midday today (so a little out of date, but it gives the general picture).

post-7763-12633211278828_thumb.gif

Roughly 1mm of rain equals 1cm of snow.

The fact it has started out as snow in many areas is a real bonus.

The official forecasts in the last 24hrs have been seriously lacking. Look at Pembs for example- Severe weather warning then taken out of the warning (totally) then gets a pasting then put back in the Severe zone. I know it's a difficult situation to forecast, but seriously, they've not done any better than a lot of the posters (respect due) on here!

I'd agree - map is defo a little out of date as south east wales valleys is getting a pasting and will get more than 11cms by morning - think we're already there and I reckon 30cms is more like it with drifts above that - so it'll be knee deep in the morning + what we already had before it started don't forget

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Don't think so. Prepare for a night in the car. lol....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Snowed heavier earlier today give a covering in places. Now here in Morriston, Swansea it has turned back to rain/sleet although im sure its snow on the higher ground around the area.

Dont see much changing really, front is stronger on its eastern side looking at the radar- Great for SE Wales- NAE was good on picking up on that i must say.

Posted

Tongywnlais and the A470 was just on the news A470 looks extremely congested going north.

wouldn't like to be in that queue going home - danger of it stopping altogether and then the snow preventing them getting any further! - could end up being the biggest car park in south wales

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Nope

It is still heavy sleet but seems to be getting little bit heavier, going white on cars now. keep your fingers crossed, legs, toes, arms and anything else.rolleyes.gif

Posted

Snowed heavier earlier today give a covering in places. Now here in Morriston, Swansea it has turned back to rain/sleet although im sure its snow on the higher ground around the area.

Dont see much changing really, front is stronger on its eastern side looking at the radar- Great for SE Wales- NAE was good on picking up on that i must say.

Still snow here in morriston though difficult to see unless out in it

Posted

wouldn't like to be in that queue going home - danger of it stopping altogether and then the snow preventing them getting any further! - could end up being the biggest car park in south wales

Heavy stuff as passed over to the east and north. Looks like a more showery theme out in the channel now. Anyone agree? The heaviest I think has passed over

Posted

It is still heavy sleet but seems to be getting little bit heavier, going white on cars now. keep your fingers crossed, legs, toes, arms and anything else.rolleyes.gif

glad something's going white for ya Ali - by the way - can you have that shovel ready again - think i'm gonna need digging out again in the morning

Edited by andymusic

Posted

That'll be snow then. Sleet doesn't give a covering on cars. :)

Posted

Heavy stuff as passed over to the east and north. Looks like a more showery theme out in the channel now. Anyone agree? The heaviest I think has passed over

Nope - you still got some to come yet