Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather General Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A couple of potent looking cells have popped up in the west midlands, one over birmingham, another further south near Alcester....No sferics on the nw detectors, but thats not to say there isn't any...Can any members in those areas confirm?

not sure what's fuelling that storm in Herts....Little energy, negligible lift, and no low level convergence to speak of, yet it's there alright.....any clues anyone?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Plus another one now just west of Coventry.

Posted

Woo, just heard my first rumble of thunder for the year in September! No idea where it came from though, whether it was the developing CB to my west or the larger one to my east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and off topic in terms of UK convection, but check out sat24 satellite imagery, and see those storms go bang over central-southern France....explosive development !!

The area of thundery rain progged for eastern parts overnight is certainly getting its act together over Biscay & Northern France....High, cold cloud tops suggest deep convection, thus might be an interesting, certainly wet night for those areas

Plus another one now just west of Coventry.

yep, currently over Atherstone heading up to Ashby....The birmingham cell core is disappating, but new towers have gone up to the north of it, I've a nice view of them out of my lounge window, but daylight & heating are on the wane, so they probably wont amount to much now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The area of thundery rain progged for eastern parts overnight is certainly getting its act together over Biscay & Northern France....High, cold cloud tops suggest deep convection, thus might be an interesting, certainly wet night for those areas

At the rate that's moving It's probably gonna hit the Southern coastline around 10 tonight, could be interesting :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Nice unexpected storm here for the past half hour or so, clearing now- took this picture as it approached and developed. Some good lightning and rumbles from this one!

bb

post-7351-053762900 1283883168_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

At the rate that's moving It's probably gonna hit the Southern coastline around 10 tonight, could be interesting :)

do you think there will be any chance of thunder and lightning? would be great to have a nightime storm

Posted

do you think there will be any chance of thunder and lightning? would be great to have a nightime storm

Apparently not much chance of fireworks by the time it gets across the channel but it does look like quite a lively feature with some heavy rain in there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Yes, certainly looks interesting tonight for southern districts, with some heavy rain moving out of N.France now, looking to hit Central Southern Counties in a few hours time, with the possibility of some embedded thunder and heavy rain breaking out further east as the night wears on.

Regards,

Tom

Posted

The cell over herts is dead now i think, haven't heard thunder for at least 45 mins and not seen any flashes, just plain old rain. nothing too heavy either. Seems the stevenage storm shield is going to be in effect all year!

Posted

Storm clearing here now. Water started coming under the font door but was able to weep it away. Still rambling away to my north, very intense storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Apparently not much chance of fireworks by the time it gets across the channel but it does look like quite a lively feature with some heavy rain in there.

well i guess i will just have to grab a beer and wait and see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Yes, certainly looks interesting tonight for southern districts, with some heavy rain moving out of N.France now, looking to hit Central Southern Counties in a few hours time, with the possibility of some embedded thunder and heavy rain breaking out further east as the night wears on.

Regards,

Tom

Yes Tom, that rain looks good for a hit on the Home Counties, guess I'll just sit here and wait.... :)

Posted
post-5508-049126000 1283885543_thumb.gif That was the best storm of the Summer / Autumn for us. Storms do seem to explode into action when they cross the vale of York. Edited by WS Evolution

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

The cell over herts is dead now i think, haven't heard thunder for at least 45 mins and not seen any flashes, just plain old rain. nothing too heavy either. Seems the stevenage storm shield is going to be in effect all year!

oh no.. Stevenage storm shield!! I just moved here from Shoebury in Essex where we had the Shoebury snow shield.. 2 of my most favourite weathers. From one shield to another :)

My fiance said he drove through the recent Ware storm and it was Ware and nowhere else

Edited by eveee38

Posted

oh no.. Stevenage storm shield!! I just moved here from Shoebury in Essex where we had the Shoebury snow shield.. 2 of my most favourite weathers. From one shield to another :)

My fiance said he drove through the recent Ware storm and it was Ware and nowhere else

I definatly heard thunder when it was nearer ware but it stopped as soon as it got anywhere near here wallbash.gif

and we certainly didn't have a snow shield the winter just gone, 2 separate weeks off of school in december and february biggrin.gif

Posted

post-5508-049126000 1283885543_thumb.gif That was the best storm of the Summer / Autumn for us. Storms do seem to explode into action when they cross the vale of York.

Theres some really menacing looking cloud just to my east at the moment,maybe something brewing up?

Just started absolutely hammering down!!!

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud formations

We've looked as though we could have had some really heavy showers/thunder storms today, but they have all passede on without anything happening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Its tipping down again here and i have just heard a rumble of thunder.:rofl:

What a shock that was, bright flash of lightning and quite loud thunder, didn't expect that :lol:

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

What a shock that was, bright flash of lightning and quite loud thunder, didn't expect that :rofl:

No Thunder here {again} lol Typical

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Been some torrential rain this evening, no thunder though.