Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Whining Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

I sat and watched the onionsty radar most of the night and suprise suprise this onionsty country yet again fails to pull a single elevated cloud out of its I have a problem! Ive seen storms in the past have more strikes then ive seen in the past 5 years easy Lettuce this country it has nothing going for it weather wise

Posted

I'd like to whinge about how this stupid high level and mid level murk has ruined so many potential sunny days this year.

It ruined yesterday by moving in before midday, and today its moved in at 10am just as i was getting ready to go in the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

And now back to rubbish cloud & feeling cool again. Get enough of this all year - want some proper hot sunshine in the brief summer months!

All summer days should at least reach 20c, preferably 22c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I only wish the sea breeze and fret had made it here! Today was utterly awful, the worst feeling day I can remember. It was 29.7C with a dewpoint of 21.2C at one point (a new 30 year dewpoint record) and even now is 21.1C and 87% humidity with no breeze at all. My parents have just come back from two weeks in Spain and despite being acclimatised to the heat have struggled quite a bit today.

The house temperature is 28.2C and I cant have the windows open as there is a pretty bad stench in the air from the water treatment works in Hull due to the warm stagnant air and wind direction. Its just thorouhly miserable, I cant wait for the cooler weather tomorrow!

Well heres the dull cloudy rubbish you were looking forward too, and its only 14.5c.

Posted

It's now freezing cold at only 15.7°C and overcast, why people would want this in summer I don't know. Yesterday was the perfect summer's day and if every day was like that then maybe we could actually believe what we are saying when we call this season "SUMMER".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Sorry but i have got to vent my spleen. Netweather had between 60 and 80% chance for storms up here and we got nothing now today its all kicking off down south. SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN how the forecasts can be so wrong. Snow/ high winds etc can be forecast pretty good but after yesterday i have given up

Posted

Well heres the dull cloudy rubbish you were looking forward too, and its only 14.5c.

A bit silly dont you think? Id have preferred the breeze and sea fret to come in yesterday because it was dull and cloudy in the afternoon anyway. Almost 30C with 75% humidity and overcast wasnt exactly nice weather. Today's temperatures are welcome as they're allowing me to cool the house down (though a tad on the low side I agree). Thats not to say I wouldnt want clear skies though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Temperature continuing to drop even more down to 13.6c :angry:. Oh well, i guess we are stuck under a front with quite a breeze off the North Sea so that is a pretty normal temperature under these circumstances.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

It isn't 'cold' as such but feels so much cooler in comparison. House has held the heat quite well but living room now just over 21c so no longer may I open all the windows since that would rapidly bring it down to 19c (outside temp) which would result in the missus wanting the heating on again :wallbash:

Missing fresh air & the sound of the swifts already!

Posted

Dear weather: I would like to actually be able to enjoy some warm sunny days in these brief high pressure interludes and for the temps to actually get up to average before the inevitable cool stuff comes back in... So, what I don't want is a ruddy sea breeze to smash in by 9:40 in the morning! and for my daily high to peak before 10am, while everywhere else basks in above average temps of course. Thank you very much! :wallbash:

Also I am located a few miles inland from the nearest point of coast, yet a weather station on a beach to my SW seems to have a sea breeze arrive later than me. This must be one of the most sea breeze prone places ever.. If they didn't try and wreck every bit of summer warmth here I might actually find them interesting features..

Edit: having said this earlier it's actually pretty nice outside, and one positive of sea breezes on days like today = no cloud and lots of sun!

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It wasn't the missing storms that were the problem - many forecasts come to nought.

What annoyed me was that there were warnings (for flooding) being issued on LBC after three in the morning; arguably, a few hours' after said storms had already failed to materialize...Someone needs to keep their warnings in tune with events??

Posted

What a surprise, clear & sunny till just after 10am then as usual 80%+ cloud cover arrived eventually and despite the fact theres always been that 20% of the sky that isn't caked in cloud, none of the blue patches dare go near the sun.

It's annoying aswell how even if theres only one or two clouds in the whole sky they head towards the sun, blot it out then sit there and grow and expand and then suddenly when the suns finally making an appearance again tons of fresh clouds are popping up.

Thats what happened this morning, eugh.

Posted

Dear weather: I would like to actually be able to enjoy some warm sunny days in these brief high pressure interludes and for the temps to actually get up to average before the inevitable cool stuff comes back in... So, what I don't want is a ruddy sea breeze to smash in by 9:40 in the morning! and for my daily high to peak before 10am, while everywhere else basks in above average temps of course. Thank you very much! :wallbash:

Also I am located a few miles inland from the nearest point of coast, yet a weather station on a beach to my SW seems to have a sea breeze arrive later than me. This must be one of the most sea breeze prone places ever.. If they didn't try and wreck every bit of summer warmth here I might actually find them interesting features..

Edit: having said this earlier it's actually pretty nice outside, and one positive of sea breezes on days like today = no cloud and lots of sun!

Yeah, sea breezes are annoying. They're not refreshing, they ruin potentially warm days by making it feel cool.

Give me a good offshore breeze any time of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What a surprise, clear & sunny till just after 10am then as usual 80%+ cloud cover arrived eventually and despite the fact theres always been that 20% of the sky that isn't caked in cloud, none of the blue patches dare go near the sun.

It's annoying aswell how even if theres only one or two clouds in the whole sky they head towards the sun, blot it out then sit there and grow and expand and then suddenly when the suns finally making an appearance again tons of fresh clouds are popping up.

Thats what happened this morning, eugh.

Looking at Sat24 whilst a little cloud developed this morning it wasnt till about 1-2pm when things became more cloudy. Here anyway the sun was out ALL the time till then. After 1 hour or so of cloudier weather the sun was back out. Sadly the cloud did build again after before melting away by sunset and then again returning.

Perhaps not quite as bad as you may make out however im not in Telford and compared to here it always seems a different weather world. :lol:

Posted

Yeah, sea breezes are annoying. They're not refreshing, they ruin potentially warm days by making it feel cool.

Give me a good offshore breeze any time of the day.

Yeah they can be annoying, I must admit I was in a bit of a mood for some reason making that post yesterday, however it did turn out to be a very nice day in the end with it keeping the cloud away, and a max of 20.8C, the temp did rise again from the morning peak. Today was a very nice day though slightly cooler than some places due to the onshore breeze. and a max of 21.4C.

Though they can indeed be a bit frustrating sometimes esp. when you're trying to get a very warm day/high temp record or convective weather!

Posted

Though they can indeed be a bit frustrating sometimes esp. when you're trying to get a very warm day/high temp record or convective weather!

I can vouch for the last thing you said there, nothing worse than having a sea breeze on a convective shower set up where the clouds bubbles up and you might get a light shower but you see the blue skies from Sea edging ever closer to you and you get a clear sunny day whilst 40-50 miles down the road, they are getting thunderstorms.

Today meanwhile, a sea breeze was useful, it stopped any cloud that did bubble up today(there was barely any cloud bubbled up in truthness) from spoiling things. Yesterday was similar albeit a little bit more cloud but it was no where near as cloudy as Friday was.

A summer not far away from the average is looking highly likely now though a hot second half to summer could change that, as summer averages are warm that is really nothing to be depressed about if sunshine figures are near average or just above like June, the winter ahead i feel will be near average too which is good as the averages are cool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A summer not far away from the average is looking highly likely now though a hot second half to summer could change that, as summer averages are warm that is really nothing to be depressed about if sunshine figures are near average or just above like June, the winter ahead i feel will be near average too which is good as the averages are cool.

Do you know something that we don't?

The only real thing I can whinge about this weekend is the irritating cloud that felt the need to build up, only over the UK mind - never over France or the Low Countries. Bring on the next CLEAR high pressure cell. Temperature wise however - a wonderful start to July.

Posted

It's bone dry around here with brown grass.Only the odd shower in weeks, and i'll be very surprised if any other location has been as unlucky as mine as rain is needed quite badly around here.Watching the radar has been frustrating in recent weeks.

Posted

Horrible weather since yesterday evening, reminiscent of recent Julys - wet, windy and dull.

This had better be a temporary feature. I'm not sure I could handle the fifth poor July in a row...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I can vouch for the last thing you said there, nothing worse than having a sea breeze on a convective shower set up where the clouds bubbles up and you might get a light shower but you see the blue skies from Sea edging ever closer to you and you get a clear sunny day whilst 40-50 miles down the road, they are getting thunderstorms.

Today meanwhile, a sea breeze was useful, it stopped any cloud that did bubble up today(there was barely any cloud bubbled up in truthness) from spoiling things. Yesterday was similar albeit a little bit more cloud but it was no where near as cloudy as Friday was.

I can think of an even worse scenario, when not only does the sea breeze keep the showers away from the coast but also brings in low cloud. I remember the 21st August 2000 for this, when at Cleadon there was sea fog for a large majority of the day while Newcastle had significant thunderstorms.

I can't personally find anything to whinge about regarding the current outlook though. Alternating low and high pressure interludes with sun, showers and possible thunder during the former and sunny and dry during the latter- bliss!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

It's July, not a month you associate with wind or 17-18C cloud, but here it is dominating things! why so windy in early July it means you have to wrap up in July which is stupid, the showers keep this pattern interesting enough though.

Posted

Yet again the showers are missing this area, so the drought continues around here.