Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The front is advancing pretty quickly.. wonder if it'll arrive earlier then expected

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

I don't mind an early arrival, as long as it doesn't forget to stall right over yorkshire :)

Posted

I don't mind an early arrival, as long as it doesn't forget to stall right over yorkshire :)

Not being the expert by the sounds of what people have been saying is the front is due after dinner but slows down all the time as it meets the colder air so the further south and east you are the better! (i think)

Posted

Can't wait, I'm hoping my elevation gives me a decent accumulation..then I'm off to make a giant snowball :)

Posted

Not being the expert by the sounds of what people have been saying is the front is due after dinner but slows down all the time as it meets the colder air so the further south and east you are the better! (i think)

That sounds about right, It should intensify as it hits the cold and slows too. I'm expecting around 4 or 5pm here In the east.

Posted

That sounds about right, It should intensify as it hits the cold and slows too. I'm expecting around 4 or 5pm here In the east.

Spot on. Worthwhile posting it, too - will stop the inevitable posts in the next 2-3 hours from people claiming the front is looking "too weak" or "fragmented". You know it's gunna happen! Lets hope they just take the time to actually read the thread.

Posted

Pretty much. The front is moving fast and looks weak at present, but it'll start to slow down and intensify as it hits the cold air.

If anything it'll be interesting to see how the models have handled this scenario, my own hunch is that it will move eastwards much more slowly than has been forecast.

Posted

Well, it looks like a morning of radar watching .. Ooo I'm soo excited

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The overnight GFS still looks good enough to eat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Looks like the fronts coming in quicker than expected going by bbc forecast looks like im going have to leave work early as i dont want to get stuck over those Louth hills!

I'm down in Boston this afternoon, so won't be driving back until 7 or 8pm, which might be lively up the A16. Yes, I'll be taking my camera!

Posted

Gooooood Morning all!! :)

Well its "SNOWTURDAY" and I am ready!! BRING IT ON! :smilz38:

But I do have a question LOL................ model thread saying weather front moved slight west again how does that effect us in the terms of snow fall? is Yorkshire still in the queue for a good few hours of heavy snow again especially my area :)

Posted

Good Morning All,

Chilly start here at -7º C exactly.

I have my brand new plastic snow shovel awaiting events ..

(*special wave to Rosedale just up the road, who mentioned me amongst others)

BL :)

me too.....it's red :-)) hopefully white later ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

But I do have a question LOL................ model thread saying weather front moved slight west again how does that effect us in the terms of snow fall? is Yorkshire still in the queue for a good few hours of heavy snow again especially my area :)

Latest NAE charts showing more smow for us

Posted

Yes. Stayed tuned to the radar throughout the day, nowcasting should now be the thing to do.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

Good morning folks, normally lurk in the model thread but have come out the closet today, lol.. -3 here just south of the humber medium frost this morning but sun is making this event feel unreal !!!

Posted

Forecasters on BBC say not much snow melt at all on sunday! who thinks the surface temps will be over estimated!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, lightning, wind, frost, any extreme

excited a lot today. the sun as been out all morning it just looks to calm and to quite for the chaos thats on the way. really hope hull gets some snow it usually rains here when there say snow so fingers crossed .

Posted

BEAST

12020500_0406.gif

Isn't it just!

MINT.

Wind picking up here, I thought it was snowing but turns out it's frost blowing off the roof.... FAIL! ;)

Posted

excited a lot today. the sun as been out all morning it just looks to calm and to quite for the chaos thats on the way. really hope hull gets some snow it usually rains here when there say snow so fingers crossed .

you did alright yesterday so should be ok today.....there was hardly anything in Beverley yesterday but quite a good dusting in and around Hull

Posted

ALSO strat thread is looking perfect for yorkshire to get hit hard by a lovely NORTH EASTERLY.

h850t850eu.png

Posted

morning all, the excitement builds, i am slightly concered though that the net-weather snow risk for here today is only 52%, another doubt that has been put in my mind that this just wont be as good as hoped.