Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 2

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think its a further north & east you are and more inland will see a bit of snow. Anywhere south of Bristol and near the coast will see rain then snow then rain again I think.

It looked like turning to snow fairly rapidly on ians forecast and he said this is far stronger signal for snow than last event that was abit hit and miss. I just hope high ground might be an all snow event.

Posted

mullender, you should make yours a b and b... Mullenders hill ski slop open once our twise a year, you should do well outa this :) most should down to north devon

also anyone on benifits the last week has activated 25 pound winter cold payments, me sister is happy.

Posted

Some good forecasts appearing for the region. We would like to see some further movement west please! But it will probably be rain ...... again.

I'm pleased for the rest of the region though. It is about time the far west west got some of the action not just the east west of this region :winky:

Posted

The ECM 12z looks pretty drab for the longer term. UKMO looks the model of choice for the moment. But is it right?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

It looked like turning to snow fairly rapidly on ians forecast and he said this is far stronger signal for snow than last event that was abit hit and miss. I just hope high ground might be an all snow event.

Yes I think this is more likely to be more of an event for many than last time IF nothing major changes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Deffo think high ground will see snow, just a little worried about being near the coast & the fact there is rain in the forecast as well.

Posted

yes i do know that, but the snow risk only covers 3 of the above counties which isnt "most" of the SW is it?

No it is not most of the SW, that comes across as misleading I agree!

Posted

No it is not most of the SW, that comes across as misleading I agree!

Gloustershire, bristol, wiltshire, north somerset def!

Edited by alex131297

Posted

Deffo think high ground will see snow, just a little worried about being near the coast & the fact there is rain in the forecast as well.

Rain is always going to be the default!

Gloustershire, bristol, wiltshire, north somerset def!

I think as it stands you will be ok in Yeovil to!

Posted

Rain is always going to be the default!

Yes, but it would be nice if we could just get an event that is only ever going to be snow.

Posted

Yes, but it would be nice if we could just get an event that is only ever going to be snow.

Yes it would be nice, unfortunately that is the price we pay living by the sea, in the summer we don't always get the best temps and in the winter we rarely get extreme cold and snow!

Posted

Yes it would be nice, unfortunately that is the price we pay living by the sea, in the summer we don't always get the best temps and in the winter we rarely get extreme cold and snow!

Yep, you is correct.

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6296587 link to ians forcast on points west if you missed it

Says it all really. Bit and pieces of Snow getting near the M4 corridor at 22.00. The grafics show rain from 18.00 with any snow reaching south Bristol around 2.00am. So looks like some snowy stuff at low levels south of Bristol onto wet ground. Drizzle round coasts.

Posted

Says it all really. Bit and pieces of Snow getting near the M4 corridor at 22.00. The grafics show rain from 18.00 with any snow reaching south Bristol around 2.00am. So looks like some snowy stuff at low levels south of Bristol onto wet ground. Drizzle round coasts.

turning to rain if your as far south as me :L

Posted

Still rain near me :L

Don't fret, my prediction is as it stands that most inland areas from northDorset into Somerset and NE wards will have snow, also hilly parts of South Dorset and East Devon to, now if anyone was bothered to read my posts before last Saturdays event might have noticed some accuracy to my forecast, so please be patient and I hope I'm right :fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

This is how the 12z NAE plays out tomorrow nights event:

post-12721-0-84568100-1328731730_thumb.gpost-12721-0-62443900-1328731743_thumb.gpost-12721-0-36328800-1328731771_thumb.gpost-12721-0-87019600-1328731778_thumb.g

Very Similar to Ian's forecast IMO!

Posted

This time yesterday we had nothing at all to get excited/depressed about, now we have this. It may even shift more westwards on the next run - who knows????

I'm sure Ian F said something about the winds coming up from France too, now would that mean rain moving south, runs into cold air, turns to snow, and then cannot move anywhere because of the wind. Does that mean STALLING :clapping: or not :aggressive:

Posted

Ian's forecast did not look that bad at all I think those of you that are feeling down beat alt to calm down and be patient, forecasts are what they are, forecasts, so lets look forward to this event developing!!

Posted

Think it will potentialy be a "work from home day" on Friday, don't fancy driving from Frome to Bristol at 5:30am....

Quick techie question, if the winds are pulling cold air up from the south I'm surprised any snow we may have will potentialy turn back to rain (as indicated in the NAE charts Active Weather Dude posted earlier)..... I would have guessed this may have possibly been a all snow event? - As you can guess im not a weather guru...:-)

Is anyone able to explain why this may turn back to rain

Cheers all, and GL

Posted

This is how the 12z NAE plays out tomorrow nights event:

Very Similar to Ian's forecast IMO!

18Z out within the next hour - should firm up on defo areas for snow one would think - it got last Saturday's event pretty much spot on i think