Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 20th June 2012>

Posted

What's the chances of those cells moving north retaining their electrical activity? whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The 'cell' that struck here did not produce much lightning or thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Timelapse of the mad cloud movements as the East Leeds storm came over us- this is looking east and was a rush job when I got in so sorry for the rain on the window! There's some mad updrafts at the very start- its a free app so resolution is a bit limited- no HD here I'm afraid but hope you enjoy anyway!

bb

looks crazy.....well caught

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Keeping my eye on that cell SW of brum...

nothing of note matey, it's a bit like Englebert Humperdink, i.e fading into obscurity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

I drove through the Leeds storm on the way back from Chester - didn't see any lightning but that wasn't surprising as the rain and surface spray was just insane on the motorways - I mean absolutely awesome! It went as black as night as well - really brilliant stuff to drive through. I've had a tiring week but that really got my attention!

I'm back up in Hartlepool now and keeping my fingers crossed it tracks unscathed up here in the next few hours. A late evening/night storm would be great!

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Think thats it for round here, just 6 rumbles and one bit of lightning seen, cant see a lot in the way of cells developing over Lincs now, its all heading North.

Posted

The 'cell' that struck here did not produce much lightning or thunder

beggars can't be chooser's biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I give up. I was going to rush out with my camcorder an all. *sigh* :(

Posted

Looks like Queensbury has got a direct hit from something.. I wonder if Supacell is still in the Midlands!?!?!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Think thats it for round here, just 6 rumbles and one bit of lightning seen, cant see a lot in the way of cells developing over Lincs now, its all heading North.

You are lucky mate.

So far this year I haven't even managed to hear one rumble of thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

isle of wight storm site is going mental in the thames estuary

nothing happening there... no detections or radar returns...do you mean the north sea?,It's more likely picking up sporadic sferics from the northern and western flanks of the MCS over Benelux

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

*sulks with pouty lip*

Posted

Sferics being detected.. but looks like the cell to my west is too far west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

has there been a time when the west had more storms than the east?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

has there been a time when the west had more storms than the east?

No. The East has always been known to have more storms then the West unfourtunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

No. The East has always been known to have more storms then the West unfourtunately.

Did anyone tell the East? Since I moved down from York I can count the number of decent storms on one hand with fingers to spare. :( At least in Norwich.

Posted

What a disappointment, all that energy, and all them storms wasted out in the North sea, out by about 40-50 mile!

Still caught a small storm, I picked up 3 or 4 strikes on the camcorder, couple of rumbles of thunder, and that was about it.

I'm pining for a proper plume setup!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Not bad I guess today but the murk from this morning never really got out of the way in time and there was never enough insolation, so I was pleased that we did in fact have a storm. One as I left Doncaster at 17:10 or so and another over tea at home in Beverley with the first thunder heard at 18:34.

Really sad that the big stuff over the channel and the Cherbourg Peninsula this morning moved out into the North Sea but this always seems to happen nowadays. The remains of this evening's storms are now still rumbling away over the North Sea but the air is so humid that you could not even see the distant flashes if it was dark!

I don't know if that is it for now or not but the centre of the low pressure system isn't too far way and the jet is still in the vicinity I think so maybe something tomorrow or am I clutching at straws.....

Some good news at least, it is only 21st June, there is still all of July and August to look forward to storm-wise (nothing ever seems to happen in September...) and, maybe, just maybe we will get some hot, summer weather too. Here's hoping!

Muff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looks like Queensbury has got a direct hit from something.. I wonder if Supacell is still in the Midlands!?!?!?

Unfortunately i wasnt here, i was in Lincolnshire and to be honest didnt see much other than heavy rain. There could have been thunder but i wouldnt have heard it with the rain slamming on my car. Didnt see any lightning.

Complete waste today - should have stayed at home and saved on petrol. What i saw was no better than what would have been happening here :(

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looks like the line from Grantham to Spalding i predicted was ok then, regarding the tornado. Just a pity most of the storm activity seemed to be along the M62 whilst i was down there. I think i need a beer!