Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stormy Wednesday 15th August 2012

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I just hope that South coast storm has longevity given the current conditions to sustain it to here and also that steering winds can make it move NNW. Could be close.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Heavy rain again here and extreamly dark - Sky signal knocked out too! Yet its so close and sticky. please go boom :D

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very heavy rain here in Eyam now where im working, also very muggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I wouldn't be to downhearted, torro have the north west well and truly in their warning zone and i think estofex have under done things. I would of thought the precip we will receive would warrant a level 1 never mind the other ingredients!!!!

Not downhearted at all...but not going to get excited either about what essentially is (here at least) a warm version of a wet and gloomy November day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Very heavy rain here now, stuck in asda waiting for it to ease. As many have said feels like it's about to go bang and still close and hot even in rain. So dark right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

A bit of heavy rain now on us in southern Lancashire, but nothing us northern folk are unfamiliar with... its just feels like a warmer November rainy day! Would be nice if we got a nice storm, but I feel it is unlikely for the NW... just doesn't seem like the right conditions here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Storm in the south now dying out. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Not my photo, but this is what Bristol is like currently:

post-12721-0-96821000-1345033405_thumb.j

Sooooooo dark and stormy looking!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I did think that at the time - maybe there was an error on the system. It was extremely turbulent. I definitely remember it showing 1000+ mph groundspeed.

scary stuff though mate! smile.png

Storms firing along the CF now, and training north/northeastwards, looks good for the midlands as the WF is moving north away from us, leaving us in the warm sector as the in-situ theta plume destabilzes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Light rain here and breezy which is making it feel less humid and as a cosequence a little cooler. The skies are uniform grey like a typical drizzly day.. It appears as if it is very stable.

John H I wasn't inferring it was Autumnal, more the visual aspects such as wind, dull skies and steady light rain.

Posted

Storm in the south now dying out. sad.png

?? tbh I think we need to see what occurs in the active zone as mentioned previously.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I know Dewpoints aren't everything in these situations but currently one or two places are knocking on the 19c/66f mark, wow!

I'm currently under cloudy, dry but stormy looking skies, AT 19.3c, DP 18.6c and judging by the radars, the cold front has slowed down.

All to play for.

Posted

2 areas of interest at mo the rain band nr north wales seems to getting more linear and there is a good dry area evolving in the midlands now that should kick things off!!!

Posted

A bit of heavy rain now on us in southern Lancashire, but nothing us northern folk are unfamiliar with... its just feels like a warmer November rainy day! Would be nice if we got a nice storm, but I feel it is unlikely for the NW... just doesn't seem like the right conditions here...

Yeah, patchy rain in Manchester, nothing special so far, but completely overcast and 21C, that is unusual.

Posted

Light rain here and breezy which is making it feel less humid and as a cosequence a little cooler. The skies are uniform grey like a typical drizzly day.. It appears as if it is very stable.

John H I wasn't inferring it was Autumnal, more the visual aspects such as wind, dull skies and steady light rain.

Think it will get increasingly unstable as the day progresses, the south are experiencing it now as the cold front pushes in. Its all moving north so plenty time yet for developments!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

Yeah, patchy rain in Manchester, nothing special so far, but completely overcast and 21C, that is unusual.

I agree it is unusual to be this warm with overcast skies, but it doesn't feel very energised, just a bit muggy, although the breeze is pretty fresh!

Posted

I can not believe we don't have a warning here in glos from met office roads are like rivers

The rain Is soooo heavy !!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Just lost Sky signal, it's gone so dark I've had to put the lights on. Heavy rain falling and one crack of thunder heard so far...yahoo.gif

(make that 2 thunders)

Posted

I know Dewpoints aren't everything in these situations but currently one or two places are knocking on the 19c/66f mark, wow!

If nothing else it feels like it should be a Tstorm right now!!!

Rdtlmetd.gif

Reurmetd.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Well the strong wind which has been constant this morning has dropped right back. Humidity rising quickly. Very oppressive

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Just had moderate rain here for around the last hour and a half.The wind has died down so it feels really muggy now.No sign of any thunderstorms here as yet.