Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stormy Wednesday 15th August 2012

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

New Brighton, Wirral has been dark for past 10 minutes with torrential rain - some distant thunder and my ears popped :-). Seems to be easing up now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quite jealous of people still to the east of that squall. It was impressive as it came through here (though not electrified at that time). Should also be noted how thunder is now being reported much further north on that line. I think this could be good for some lucky people to the north and east.

Yep, yet again were just a bit too far West. Still what we had was good but looks like an active afternoon up North and East now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Heavy rain for a short time but cleared through without any sign of thunder or lightning. Its cleared away now though and it looks muh brighter and more stable to the south.. Also much much cooler. Currently 15C

Posted

I can't believe it! My location is where the squal line has broken! If only I was 25 miles further north in Milton Keynes.

Looking very dark here though not far from LTN. Rain just started, wind picking up.

Edited by Dan the Man

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine! High humidity - clear blue skies. Heavy snow.

Squall line on the way towards central Manchester, Rochdale,, Bury.,

Due to hit Halifax, Huddersfield and Leeds by 6pm to 6.30 according to Met office.

Its been a while since i saw white on the met office radar and i have got to drive home shortly!

I hope i stay safe on the M62 - this could be a scary journey home!

Still very humid in Leeds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I can't believe it! My location is where the squal line has broken! If only I was 25 miles further north in Milton Keynes.

Looking very dark here though not far from LTN. Rain just started, wind picking up.

Aye, Dan. It's hurling it down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Much lighter rain, and an increase in wind since the squall passed through. Most noticable though is how much cooler it feels out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Squall line on the way towards central Manchester, Rochdale,, Bury.,

Due to hit Halifax, Huddersfield and Leeds by 6pm to 6.30 according to Met office.

Its been a while since i saw white on the met office radar and i have got to drive home shortly!

I hope i stay safe on the M62 - this could be a scary journey home!

Still very humid in Leeds.

19c, humidity 88%, dew point 17C.. very humid indeed. Hope you get back home alright though, I assume you're taking hte M62 which is very prone to standing still when the weather is 'abnormal'.. lol

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Nothing severe here, heavy squally rain this morning with a 50mph wind gust but it's died down to 25-30mph now, sunny spells and feeling warm

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Few flashes & rumbles of thunder in MK, with bursts of torrential rain and squally winds, more thundery rain than a proper storm situation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Should I be expecting anything here? Im guessing its gonna miss me lol

It is very very humid now, which more noticably shot up after the warm front went through.

Edited by mattyk1985

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

~I can't believe the storms fired in the southern north sea, damn jetstream has really messed with our kentish storms this year sad.png

Edited by Victor Meldrew

Posted

Here it comes, long line of near-darkness along the southern horizon now.

Back-edge in Buxton http://www.buxtonweather.fsnet.co.uk/buxtonview.jpg

Edited by SNOW_JOKE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

I'm currently in Pitlochry in Perthshire, Scotland. Anyone got any ideas if that system is going to push this far north( Northeast-ish) into Scotland??

Looking at the direction from the animation on the radar I think its going to miss...

Edited by Cloudwatcher

Posted

Taken from the weather Station in my town

" Maximum Temperature (since midnight) 19.4°C at: 09:18 "

Daily max recorded at 9AM? That's a first ._.

Lol my max temp was 19.9c at 5:08am, followed by the min of 16.2C at 12:46pm! Happens in Autumn/Winter from time to time thoguh can't remember it in summer recently though has probably occurred.

Heavy rain for a short time but cleared through without any sign of thunder or lightning. Its cleared away now though and it looks muh brighter and more stable to the south.. Also much much cooler. Currently 15C

Interesting, the ATD detector shows a strike right over the NW of the wirral and a few more just offshore, a friend from the Wirral but currently in Stafford sent me a coulple pics from his facebook of flooded streets, looked rather more than just heavy going by radar and those pics. He said the squall was quite impressive in Stafford too with torrential rain and strong winds.

Here it is now windy with blue sky and some cumulus with a temp of 19.5C. manual gauge picked up 23.3mm this morning, much of it in under 3 hours.

Posted

Just passed over Southport, extremely heavy rain probably even heavier than we had with the big storms that came past on Monday night. No flashes or rumbles as far as I saw or heard, though.

Posted

I wish I'd been at home between 12.30-13.30 (but we were driving between Bath to home and had got caught in traffic as a knock on affect of a serious accident) as I'd have probably witnessed some lightning/thunder to the East.

As it was we got caught in the edge of the developing squall which was torrential and neccessitated driving no faster than 40mph on a clear open road.

21mm in my gauge from the rain band and a lovely late pm beckoning with the sky clearing nicely, however the wind is now gusting very strongly.

Posted

Well it's here blum.gif no thunder or even much of any straight-line winds, you'd definitely know when it's arrived but thus far it's like any other typical November squall.

Posted

well that was mental, its was a squall alright lol. Sky went green then instant white out and the wind gusts must have reached 70mph!!! got vid ill post soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

wow OMG! I just had the most amazing squall ever About 10 minutes ago. It lasted all of 3 minutes but it was the heaviest rain I have ever seen in my life! The garden was flooded in a few seconds with water cascading off the house. There was even a flash of lightning during it but no thunder sadly. I had heard a few close sferics before the squall began but no thunder from any of them. It was a really great squall anyway and will be a treat for anyone in its ppppath.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

~I can't believe the storms fired in the southern north sea, damn jetstream has really messed with our kentish storms this year sad.png

I know, explosive development as well. Nothing to intense core in 15 mins!!!

We really have had the most rotten luck this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Ok, just got out of work and not really had a chance to look at the radars etc. Been some heavyish rain on and off since about 2pm and winds starting to pick up.

I hear that a squall line might be incoming :)