Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

whatever as I am convinced we are in a changed climate friends.gif

/\ This. I am beginning to think there are certain minor climate changes occuring that we and the models are finding it difficult to compute. Along the lines of "this or that shouldnt be happening for that length of time" or "this shouldve happened next but didnt"

Enough of my ramblings, Clear and cold this morning with a frost.

Morning people

coldy woldy!

Tree and decs today!!!clapping.gif

Went into 99p shop in town yesterday,bought a little snowman that plugs into usb on my pc desk.

I didnt expect it to work tbh,but it does .

Flashes lots of diffrent colours in diffrent pattens.

Such a good buy.

So i have a little snow watch friend here with me now !!

Morning Floaty :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Morning all, A very cold and frosty day,Very still out there,Frost not as bad as Friday night,but feels much colder cold.gif .Off to London today drinks.gifdrunk.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Morning all, A very cold and frosty day,Very still out there,Frost not as bad as Friday night,but feels much colder cold.gif .Off to London today drinks.gifdrunk.gif

Have a great day in london,do wrap up x

Posted

Had notification that my OAP winter fuel payment has gone into my bank account. As it is not going to go far with this type of weather think I will buy some wool and knitting needles and make myself a nice all in one creation. Alternatively go down the pub and splash it all on a couple of beers and a packet of crisps.

H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

It's -3.3 °C here and a thicker frost than yesterday - I'm just going out for my early walk complete with silly hat and gloves - hot toasted crumpets to look forward to when I get back !

Posted

Morning locals!

Very thick frost here this morning and an overnight low of -1.4°C is about the same as yesterday. Loving the Winter scenes but it looks to be back to relative mild again tomorrow for a while:

MU_London_avn.png

I'm just going out for my early walk complete with silly hat and gloves

acute.gif

winter+hat+funny.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rgem2041.gif

I have the feeling we maybe we maybe covered in snow down here early next week :)

post-9147-0-66056700-1354443230_thumb.jp

Christmas shopping next weekend anybody?

Posted

acute.gif

winter+hat+funny.jpg

Not quiet that silly.....anyway it would have to be in pink or purple, lime green is just yuck !!

Posted

next fridayclapping.gif

Posted

Another frost, another sunny start - beautiful! If I can't have snow this is the best alternative. Shame we are looking at a day of mild and rain tomorrow..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not quiet that silly.....anyway it would have to be in pink or purple, lime green is just yuck !!

I used to love lime green. In 1966!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. smile.png

I was out with my camera way before sunrise today. As it was a gin clear sky, with a gibbous moon, I went to see what I could take. The problem being that it was -2C (showing on my car) with a slight, but cutting breeze. I didnt take gloves, as they are cumbersome, especially in the dark, so a trade off with cold hands was made.

The camera also had major operating issues, as the temperature was below its 0-40C operating range and I was out for over an hour with it in total - it became quite painfully cold to hold too.

I took a very few pictures, due to the problems I had - mostly it refusing to take pictures sad.png and won't repeat a similar trip until the Spring - once bitten and all that.

In this picture you can see Orion's belt behind the right hand boat and the Orange colour of Betelgeuse is obvious in the top right.

A bonus of being out was seeing Mercury, which sits below the very bright Venus in the morning sky, an hour / hour and a half before sunrise. I hadn't anticipated this, but have since read that viewings of Mercury won't get much better than in the early morning this week. Mercury is normally impossible to see, as it sits in such proximity to the sun in the sky.

Still lots of talk (as there has been for about 3 weeks now) about lots of snow coming. I think we'll get it too, but there'll be zero excitement from me until two or three days out (and then only if it's expected to be substantial)

Enjoy your day all. I'll enjoy mine; an afternoon down the pub beckons. smile.png

post-11059-0-21479400-1354449332_thumb.j

Posted

Intersting times ahead says Ian F

snapback.pngfergieweather, on 02 December 2012 - 11:36 , said:

Not UKMO view based on very latest from them: some transient low-level & (more substantive) upland (500m+) snow Thursday, but rain for the majority (certainly in South). Their MR view is actually somewhat 'milder' for the following weekend (average temps, no snow issues). More tellingly, latest 10-15d prognosis now leans towards Scandinavian block establishing with real purpose; easterly flow setting-up and attempted frontal incursions to SW. MOGREPS now in step with EC Monthly and so the cold, blocked signal remains headline to our MR forecasts.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Yeh but they haven't exactly been accurate have they?, Re:UKMO, ecm was actually closer to the accurate

Posted

next fridayclapping.gif

A happy clappy Mrs Floaty that's what I like to see....you need to show us your new dance for next Saturday Sam good.gif

Enjoy your day all. I'll enjoy mine; an afternoon down the pub beckons. smile.png

Sounds great....have a good time Stevedrinks.gif

My house smells lovely, a combo of turkey roasting, mulled wine, cinnamon candles and all things nice...I'm off to the garden centre this afternoon and then to the stables theatre tonight.

Hope your all having a good one too....I just love this time of year on days like this (still frosty in the shade by the bushes in my front garden) angel.gif

Posted

Yeh but they haven't exactly been accurate have they?, Re:UKMO, ecm was actually closer to the accurate

I'm hoping all agree at T96good.gif

Posted

A happy clappy Mrs Floaty that's what I like to see....you need to show us your new dance for next Saturday Sam good.gif

Sounds great....have a good time Stevedrinks.gif

My house smells lovely, a combo of turkey roasting, mulled wine, cinnamon candles and all things nice...I'm off to the garden centre this afternoon and then to the stables theatre tonight.

Hope your all having a good one too....I just love this time of year on days like this (still frosty in the shade by the bushes in my front garden) angel.gif

Sounds festive in your house very marvellous!

Well was walking up to speak to lea and i was cold so i was banging my arms against my sides with straight arms.Lea laughed his head off and said you like you doing the penguin dance!i said i must tell mk the new dance!If its cold sat might see it......rofl.gif

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Alot of uncertainty with regards to these lows dropping SE from Greenland later this week. 06z GFS pulls out an interesting scenario on Thursday - bringing perhaps the first opportunity for many for some flakes across the SE as a deepening low scoots SE across the SW and into France, with cold air digging in on the northern flank.

post-1052-0-42690700-1354456269_thumb.gipost-1052-0-91404700-1354456281_thumb.gi

However, with such model disagreement Weds onwards, wouldn't get too excited over this prospect yet.

Edited by Nick F

Posted

Far too early for xmas decs, mulled wine et al.

TWELVE days of xmas, not 30!

'tis not (yet) the season to be jolly tease.gif

Christmas creep IMHO is becoming a real problem especially in the last few years (driven mostly by commercial interests). It somehow cheapens Christmas when some people would have it start from the last Halloween parties.

Edited by abovefreezing