Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Quick question for the experts. If, and it's a big if, we were to get the undercutting low at the end of the week that the UKMO/ECM are hinting at would we have the same worries with margianality?

No -10 uppers all snow

Posted

It's down to radar now, have we all signed up for NW Extra?

Posted

A light covering of snow in Crystal Palace, and light snow occasionally falling.

-0.2, DP -1.8.

I think/hope yamkin is right!

Posted

Snowing lightly in Croydon.

The uppers will be OK for snow to fall when the ppn arrives in a few hours time.

I disagree with the MetO regarding rain for the South of the Thames. I think the snow will extend further South than what is being forecast.

I tend to agree, looks lightish until about 5-6pm here then wrap round bring heavy snow from 7pm until tuesday morning.... I think if anything itll be sleety wet snow then heavy powder snow later as really cold uppers dig in.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

The uppers will be OK for snow to fall when the ppn arrives in a few hours time.

I disagree with the MetO regarding rain for the South of the Thames. I think the snow will extend further South than what is being forecast.

hi yamkin

Do you think it will stay as snow in addington

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Posted

Why's that then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Hope so yamkin, i am in sunbury now then heading hounslow, just cloudy here, hope snow when i get home, keep us posted

Posted

The odd flake still falling in Dartford, on my way to the office in Harlow now, wondering what time I should aim to leave this afternoon to ad void any problems on the M25 as from the forecast the snow will change from snow to rain half way over the bridge :-) can see much brighter weather arriving.

Bit surprise temperature dropped to -0.8 and wet bulb followed it down to -2.2

Posted

Temp down here and blue skies visible still flurrying..... 1cm on some surfaces..... -0.5c dew -3c

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/maidstone_forecast_weather.html

This highlights theheavy snow tonight from wrap around of front....

Edited by willinkent44

Posted

The wonders of the weather rofl.gifrofl.gif

Who would have thought Eastbourne and Brighton would have fared better than SE Essex!

Love it! Well done guys enjoy!

And Hastings Paul. Snow all along the South Coast.......who'd of thought it ? good.gifgood.gif

Posted

And Hastings Paul. Snow all along the South Coast.......who'd of thought it ? good.gifgood.gif

I would!! :lol:

Posted

I am just below the snow line forecast at the moment for later.Sleety mix for me as it stands,lets hope there is still a little movement south to play with.

Edited by snowblues

Posted

Wish I had a crystal ball to know exactly how it will pan out today. Live in Surbiton, have to drive to Sutton Hospital for 11am, 13 y/o's school is in Uxbridge (special school for autistic kids hence distance, and he gets very anxious if I am ever late), and from the BBC maps and Yamkin and others on here, I can see it may well be a 'snow day'... and I don't like driving in snow. (Although goes without saying I LOVE the snow, as does my son, who is gutted not have a snow day already!) Ah well, will just have to slither around the burbs, as I just cannot bring myself to hope for rain!!!!

Posted

Wish I had a crystal ball to know exactly how it will pan out today. Live in Surbiton, have to drive to Sutton Hospital for 11am, 13 y/o's school is in Uxbridge (special school for autistic kids hence distance, and he gets very anxious if I am ever late), and from the BBC maps and Yamkin and others on here, I can see it may well be a 'snow day'... and I don't like driving in snow. (Although goes without saying I LOVE the snow, as does my son, who is gutted not have a snow day already!) Ah well, will just have to slither around the burbs, as I just cannot bring myself to hope for rain!!!!

Very light dusting this morning by the way, but I emphasise 'light', none on pavements or roads, just cars, garden furniture, roof tops etc.