Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional - Cold Spell Discussion 15/01/13 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

a great run for the NE on the 18z we have the first round of unexpected easterlies kicking in by 84 then this at 156 http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1561.png!! Deep fi this chart especially in these circumstances when we get radical changes within 96

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

The front stalls on the 18z right across our region early next week. Yet another possible solution, but shows how silly it would be to get downbeat over this evening's set of (fantastic) charts.

Insane FI on the 18z, makes 1947 look mild.

Edited by Alza

Posted

The front stalls on the 18z right across our region early next week. Yet another possible solution, but shows how silly it would be to get downbeat over this evening's set of (fantastic) charts.

Got a link of when you're talking about, mate? :)

Posted

Got a link of when you're talking about, mate? :)

Choose precipitation charts, and look at +132 onwards. It actually moves away after just under a full day of snow.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=

Also make sure to have a look at +300 or whatever on the GFS this evening, pure eye candy!

Posted

Hi all,

Just had a peak on the radar and there appears to be a few showers starting to drift towards tyne and wear,

anyway being watching the main model discussion and the impression is that there are interesting times ahead for cold lovers.

my past experience of frontal snow(over 40 years) has nearly always been disappointing, we always do better from convective type snow activity, so I,m hoping we keep on the cold side of the fronts over the weekend and hope for convection from our friend the North Sea

cheers Gary

(by the way it took me about 10 minutes to type this i,m that crap at this sort of thing)

Posted

NOOOOOOOOO! Last thing we need is some poxy crap showerettes to ruin the plunging temps!! -6.1°C here - could (have) be(en) getting on for -9°C without the showers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

-2.5 in darlo, dew point -4.5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Morning! -6.4c here.

Plenty of interesting views on the models today. Very messy but very snowy- BBC forecast at 0728 signified heavy snow for basically all of the nation on Friday.

Posted

Morning! -6.4c here.

Plenty of interesting views on the models today. Very messy but very snowy- BBC forecast at 0728 signified heavy snow for basically all of the nation on Friday.

Haven't seen the models yet. GOod for us? Upgrade?

WHat a night for the WS laptop to shut down!!.. My data only backed up every half hour as well, so a low of -6.5°C is not accurate. Nearby station got to -7.3°C, and is 0.3°C codler than me now, so I'll manually add a -7.0°C later!

Posted

Looks increasingly likely we will see an easterly on Saturday now with snow, then plenty of potential for another next week if the low undercuts.

Posted

The bbc now have the heavy snow friday reaching us. As they have access to models we can't see ill be waiting for the mets updates later. But I still think it will be a case of radar watching on friday. Bring on saturdays easterly though•

Posted

The bbc now have the heavy snow friday reaching us. As they have access to models we can't see ill be waiting for the mets updates later. But I still think it will be a case of radar watching on friday. Bring on saturdays easterly though•

THe Fax chart has the front making its way all the way to the E coast, that's why... seems at odds with GFS. Any thoughts from IF? Geordiesnow?

Posted

Well I've got to drive to barrow and back on friday so could be an interesting drive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

At odds with the GFS, but not the EC or UKMO output, highly plausible. General consensus is for a strong active front to make inroads on Friday, and then some undercutting lows and building retrogressive heights - slack south-easterlies/easterlies with channel lows possible. EC solution v snowy for Scotland and the North, rainy across the south after Sat.

Posted

-5C here after a minimum of -6C. Very cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn and Winter

The met office are forecasting snow from Friday to Sunday here!

http://www.metoffice...Time=1358467200

A push further east it would seem, I think it could come across a little more as well.

Posted

06z shifts it further E like the faxes, etc.. Looking good for us.. the Pennines could be spectacular after this lot!