• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Morning all, not been out yet but just under an inch of snow on the ground here and steady smallish flakes falling. On the radar, it looks like the heavier stuff has yet to get this far. Should be a good day! Now to try and get the car up our sloping drive for work:( Got to head for Tewkesbury....A417 going to be interesting later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just had a phone call from a friend in 4 by 4 saying roads over mendips including A37 are getting bad with people getting stuck in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Yes, it's pretty decent snow. Wondered when it had started when I got up to have a peek about 5:30. Glad someone else was up to see it! Now I need to know what the situation is in & around Bournemouth/Poole, and specifically near the University campus. Am I going to be expected to try and get in to work today?

Not sure where you are in Wimborne, but here in Cutlers Place the roads havn't been gritted - no cars even driven past as yet. If we are set for this to fall for another few hours how are you going to get home if you get into work? Mind you - not sure when this is all supposed to turn to rain (?)

Posted

Just had a phone call from a friend in 4 by 4 saying roads over mendips including A37 are getting bad with people getting stuck in places.

Yep - work have shut, saying its bad there now and snow is still falling heavily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Moderate snow here since 0530, the road is covered. 0.2C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Corfe Hills school shut, daughter is pleased. Snow a bit wet here now, hope it doesn't turn to rain too quickly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Chucking it dowN now, nearly 2 inches, bigger flakes....work have called to say don't bother attempting to come in, once in a life time call me thinks!!!

Posted

Problem is that people are heading out and they are all going to get stuck out there! Even the M4 in South Wales has closed due to lorries getting stuck. They need to tell people DON'T MAKE UN NECESSARY JOURNEYS! At least the kids will be pleased. Just heard that their school is closed.

Now where did I put that sledge? drinks.gif

Posted

Good morning everyone ! Yawn. Hey - 5 hrs sleep - that'll do - plus I still get paid for not being able to work today - that'll do ! (well if the boss says its to dangerous to drive then who am I to argue good.gif )

Meantime... snow has set in for the day it seems- will measure later.

For those in the Gloucestershire are this is a very useful 'incidents' map.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/gloucestershire

At the moment I see there are 3 'incidents' all snow related.. and I suspect the map will be full of the same symbols in 12 hours time.

Enjoy all !

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley - low down)

p.s. Right lets check out the sledges....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

The front is definitely slowing down! Waiting for the band of heavy stuff to hit Southampton. Then STALLLLLLL clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Now the schools are shut here :), snow is getting very heavy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

Very heavy snow, blizzard-like. Starting to drift about now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Looking at METO radar will this be passing through quicker or will it start sliding back se out of Wales across Glos and Bristol?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

People in Poole do not send the rain over this way. It's still lightly snowing and I want to keep it that way. Thank you!!

Posted

Left home, with about an inch of cover, arrived in Bournemouth hardly much of note really, pavements have hardly any covering at all.

Of course very wet snow here right by the sea. Interesting looking out and seeing the lights by pier with the snow blowing around, looks like thick fog from this distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snow

Not sure where you are in Wimborne, but here in Cutlers Place the roads havn't been gritted - no cars even driven past as yet. If we are set for this to fall for another few hours how are you going to get home if you get into work? Mind you - not sure when this is all supposed to turn to rain (?)

I'm in Greenhill (near Colehill cricket pitch, so not too far from you). I hope there is enough snow in Poole/Bournemouth that work shuts, then any decisions are taken out of my hands, otherwise I'll be agonising over safety vs duty to work.