Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder snow

Snowmeggdon, apparently its on a pay as you play deal, bernie slaven has tweeted the same thing tonight, hope its not true though.

Still coming down here also, must have an inch of snow here now, hope it continues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Just been outside for a walk. Brilliant out there with drifting snow in the wind, which is very rare for this part of the region being so low.

Posted

Snowmeggdon, apparently its on a pay as you play deal, bernie slaven has tweeted the same thing tonight, hope its not true though.

Still coming down here also, must have an inch of snow here now, hope it continues.

pay as you play deal haha, he's never fit to play anyway. Why don't we just resign Barry Robson, he's what we need to push us up the league and its still snowing heavily here. Unbelievable Jeff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Nothing too spectacular. About an inch or a little bit more added to existing cover:

295445_10200385858114040_1103859480_n.jpg

The last 90 minutes has been pretty good where I am, admittedly the other side of Durham.

Had 3 inches/7cm of new snow when I last checked - had the ruler out before you ask.

Even now I think this event has been quite impressive and certainly surpassed my expectations. Heaviest precip probably passed but still some moderate snow for a few more hours and could easy be 10cm of new snow overall by morning.

Edit: BTW, I'm in Nevilles Cross not Dalston, 100m asl.

Edited by Jonathan F.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Just been outside for a walk. Brilliant out there with drifting snow in the wind, which is very rare for this part of the region being so low.

I had a walk out myself. Great fun until I ended up on an exposed hill. Ouch! Blowing snow directly in the face isn't fun! But loved it all the same. biggrin.png

Posted

Looks like that's the lot for Darlo - at least for the decent stuff anyway. Missed out on the heaviest stuff, but still a surprising amount given I really didn't expect that much tonight :).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn and Winter

10 inches lying snow :-)

How am I going to dig my car out, let alone get off the estate.........I'm pleased however.......snoooooooowwwwwwww

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder snow

well that was a great snow storm last night, plenty of dripping from the guttering now, the thaw has started. I looking forward to a week or so of mild weather then hopefully a reload from the north :)

Posted

This morning out of my window looks lovely fairly thick snow blue sky and seems everyone around here is having a sleep in.so we are off out in the fresh snow before it melts.

I think aycliff sounds like it got more then us though and its just up the road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

well that was an epic night 6 inchs in the back garden no sign of thaw yet either, overall this cold snap has being a good one ive had lying snow on my road for well over a week just a shame good things have to come to an end, well for the time being anyway im sure another cold reload isnt that far away maybe 10 days time, the models are just starting to hint at something, anyway off to the boro match and a few beers, enjoy the snow while its here,, laters

Posted

Lovely views today with very deep snow and blue skys. Pity it will all be gone in a few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Lots of snow last night got to be 10cm I'd say

Current temp 2.4°C

Dew Point 0.3°C

And its sunny for once!

Posted

Still just hanging onto subzero here -0.4 but can't see today being 11th straight ice day. Final measurement here is 47cms deep and some drifts over 8 foot. Amazing depths pity it all has to go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Just been out clearing the snow and the sun is getting to work now on the bits left behind

The deepest snow is surviving for now

Posted

Still just hanging onto subzero here -0.4 but can't see today being 11th straight ice day. Final measurement here is 47cms deep and some drifts over 8 foot. Amazing depths pity it all has to go.

Any nice places for a cup of tea with the family up there? I'm thinking that you seem to have more snow that Weardale, which is where we were planning to go.

Posted

Try the anchor at whittonstall but without a 4x4 the chances of getting here are slim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

16cm here, 4cm added since this time yesterday- 12 days of snow lying in a row :)

18 so far this winter (incl October), so we are now above the average and have half a foot !