Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 10/03/13 09z ------>

A.J

Posted

Snowy start to the daypost-2744-0-80894200-1362996025_thumb.jp

Sunrisepost-2744-0-56044500-1362996072_thumb.jp

And a couple from near Brodie Castlepost-2744-0-93677900-1362996233_thumb.jppost-2744-0-64407300-1362995985_thumb.jppost-2744-0-96753000-1362995949_thumb.jp

Currently -3c and sunny

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

can't start the week unless I have a couple of double-voddys down my neck by Monday 10AM Catch !

You sleeping on the job by-tor? :lol:

Posted

Interesting cycle to work! Must admit I was happy not to be in car though - roads are a nightmare! Some really heavy showers this morning have added easily over an additional inch or so!

Posted

Nothing but a very slight covering in Crail this morning but ten miles away in St Andrews there's a couple of cms and some fairly hefty showers around this morning...nice to see! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Well, that was an interesting trip to Sheriffhall.

A68 in good condition; plenty of slush and snow but tyres running on black.

Got to the bypass and it was a car park. Walking pace at best all the way to Sheriffhall and, if you decided to continue across the roundabout, you'd be fighting for a parking space on the other side.

So, back home now. Discovered at least one guy stuck on the back road to my house. The old lift the clutch without touching the accelerator no good as his front wheel drive van was full of heavy stuff at the back.

Lovely sunshine, occasional snow showers, -1.1 C. Glad to be home.smile.png

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Nothing but a very slight covering in Crail this morning but ten miles away in St Andrews there's a couple of cms and some fairly hefty showers around this morning...nice to see! :-)

I could see the showers passing to my East. We are just catching the Western edge of a few with a flurry or two coming in in the wind. Still below freezing.

Posted

This is one for the tailgaiting muppets. Only do this if it is safe. Turn on your fog light and accelerate. If find this usually works and they stop tailgaiting!

If you're anxious about driving in snow then you shouldn't drive in it; I am not getting at your relative or anyone else, just stating a fact. Mrs Catch has said she is nervous about driving home this afternoon so if the roads are still bad she will be getting told not to drive, she will have to wait for a lift at ten. The last thing you need in these conditions is to be twitchy. There were some absolute muppets out there this morning, tailgating very close behind me when I was driving. I felt like stopping and going back "for a word" with one of them. Driving like that could make a nervous driver make a mistake or drive too fast. Some people shouldn't have a driving licence and it isn't the people driving at 20mph on a completely white-over road (i.e. me!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Bored at work, so thought i'd pop in:)

There have been some lovely showers here interspersed with lovely lovely snow.

Roads very slushy, DH managed to get over to Fife this morning before the bypass gridlocked. Think he may have trouble getting home tonight though! How are things in Fife folks?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

view from my Office window in South Bridge...

I'll try to upload one of the Pentlands from my room in Pollock when I'm back from the lecture, southern Edinburgh looks like an Alpine town. With temperatures of -1C and DP at -5C it feels like it too.

Posted

Window now being battered by a mega polystyrene-bead type grauple shower. Quite a day !

I'll try to upload one of the Pentlands from my room in Pollock when I'm back from the lecture, southern Edinburgh looks like an Alpine town. With temperatures of -1C and DP at -5C it feels like it too.

Edited by by-tor

Posted

Another heavy shower but signs on the radar that the North Sea snow factory might just be starting to run down for here today.

EDIT: Literally can't see the offices across the road!

Edited by 101_North

Posted

Could be right there ... but this current shower is a real beauty. Blizzard going on outside and spindrift being blown off some of the roofs on the street opposite me on South Bridge. Not bad going for a mid-March day !

Another heavy shower but signs on the radar that the North Sea snow factory might just be starting to run down for here today.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Yep awesome snow in Edin West End! Took me 2 hours to get in this morning but who cares!

Posted

Amazing shower! Best of this spell!

Laughable that there's no warning in place for this region depsite the snow and very obvious travel carnage!

Edited by 101_North

Posted

That blizzard was a thing of beauty, its just tailing off here now. This day could have been lifted straight out of the 2010 Nov/Dec spell, its as good as that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Laughable that there's no warning in place for this region depsite the snow and very obvious travel carnage!

You see why we get so frustrated with the Met Office. Every single convective easterly it's like this - a few days out they bafflingly talk of dry cloudy days, then it moves up to a few flurries, then it starts snowing so they have to issue back-dated warnings for the snow that's already fallen, and even then they only issue a yellow warning. The only exception was November/December 2010, when the snow potential was so great it hit you in the face.