Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I have just returned home having failed to make it into work in East Grinstead today. The traffic came to a halt in whiteout conditions between Ardingly and Turners Hill. After waiting for 30 mins I had enough and came home. It appears that the streamer combined with frontal snow is enhancing falls up there. Drifting across the road as well.

It seems to be following you home too Ed, everyone here at work thinks it will die out soon!

Posted

I have just returned home having failed to make it into work in East Grinstead today. The traffic came to a halt in whiteout conditions between Ardingly and Turners Hill. After waiting for 30 mins I had enough and came home. It appears that the streamer combined with frontal snow is enhancing falls up there. Drifting across the road as well.

Sounds like I'm going to have an interesting drive to bluewater today lol

Posted

No, not one of those fellas, only Wolverhampton, Kempton and Southwell fortunately! wink.png

Used to go to Plumpton years ago and boy can it rain. When the S.Downs disappear, run for cover. Many times had shelter behind the Tote building in the middle of the course. Made the mistake of wearing decent shoes/suit once, got absolutely caked in mud, never again!

Anyway,back to the weather!

Coming down heavier now here in Anerley, actually heavier than the stuff we had the other week! good.gif

Regards,

Tom

And lingfield :)

Posted

Here, just to far west to be getting the showers from East make it here. Also the snow to south not to far away but looks like we will be to far north to get anything from that.

Edited by Hammer

Posted

No, not one of those fellas, only Wolverhampton, Kempton and Southwell fortunately! wink.png

Used to go to Plumpton years ago and boy can it rain. When the S.Downs disappear, run for cover. Many times had to shelter behind the Tote building in the middle of the course. Made the mistake of wearing decent shoes/suit once, got absolutely caked in mud, never again!

Anyway,back to the weather!

Coming down heavier now here in Anerley, actually heavier than the stuff we had the other week! good.gif

Regards,

Tom

You forgot Lingfield and Dundalk Tom! Slipping mate! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Beefy snow shower over Essex about to land in South East London probably zone 3-6:-)

Posted

A bit of a break here now from the last hour and a half, school run was awful, cars sliding everywhere, i wanted to walk but we had a huge model of a volcano to take in and a baby buggy to push through almost whiteout conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Nothing at home in Hatfield, and only very light flakes in Southwark......Whats likel for the Herts area today...does anyone know please?

Posted

think its gonna be one of them days here where you look out and nothing, the next its blizzard like.. make yourself a cuppa and its nothing again..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

And lingfield smile.png

Oh, thats a serious senior moment there, thank you! doh.gif How could I forget leafy Lingfield? We're not fans of all-weather racing in the office at work, especially the ones that are floodlit, can mean a graveyard shift!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Plenty of showers moving through here in Southend so far. Got a light covering on most surfaces. Really impressive when it comes down heavy in that wind. Had a 37mph gust and horizontal snow about 20 mins ago.

Temp -1c

Dew -3c

And here it comes again!...

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

A few flakes blowing around in the wind but thats how, how disappointing

HI paul-

We are on your 'line' of shower trains- Reports of 1cm so far in greenhithe seem about right-

A bit of lull after the next one moves through- but a big express streamer sinking south over suffolk currently-

Lets hope we dont get dry slotted later-

S

Posted

Snow is teasing us here again (between Sittingbourne and Faversham) as it has done all winter through, and I've told it I'm not going to play this time!!! I am refusing to get excited about the possibility of even half a centimetre, and although there have been scattered flakelets fluttering around outside since around 7.15 this morning, I am pretending not to notice in the hope that they will up their game and work harder and produce more and more flakes acute.gif Doesn't seem to be working, though, because there is no sign of anything white outside except my lovely snowdrops. But I am not going to curse the snow, or the weather in general or become despondent because I am not playing the snow-game anymore (who am I kidding?)

Sue x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Going to miss high Wycombe isn't it. To far north :-( please someone tell me I am wrong.

Kx

Posted

HI paul-

We are on your 'line' of shower trains- Reports of 1cm so far in greenhithe seem about right-

A bit of lull after the next one moves through- but a big express streamer sinking south over suffolk currently-

Lets hope we dont get dry slotted later-

S

Think the Shower Streamer is winning the battle against the Frontal Snow Steve tbh, could be an interesting 24 hours in favoured spots.

Another Biggie about to deliver. Here she comes!