Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Rain has cleared with lots of blue sky and sunshine now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

milder and sunny spells here now, wind also dropped and the rain has stopped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

woo hoo sunshine.

lol thought it had stoped but turned out to be a small gap in the cloud, still I guess if it's doing that it should finish soon.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

tease.gif

I promise not to edit any more of your posts to suit my wishful thinkingblush.png

I won't massage yours, either...biggrin.png

Posted

My aunt who's 97 lives in a care home in Teignmouth (she used to live across the Teign in Shaldon). I must take my father who's 94 down to visit his sister for what might be the last time they see each other. Last year we were all set, but there was a massive storm down there so we couldn't go.

Just waiting for some decent spring sunshine and warmth to make the trip. Don't want Dad catching pneumonia as we'll be in a B&B and they're not always nicely heated or cosy.

Shaldon's lovely - my Mum actually lives in the countryside outside Stoke-in-Teignhead, which isn't far from Shaldon. Hope you find a good B & B when you next go - bless your Dad, it'll be lovely for him and his sis to see one another.

Happy Saturday

Sue

Guest bjaykent

Hi Tamara, one for your birthday - snigger snigger, GFS control run 384hrs - think you would need to be an April fool to think this will verify.tease.gif

Miserable day here, just about survived a trip to town, Good to see Grand Prix Qualifying in the rain as well.happy.png

post-16390-0-28415900-1363442770_thumb.p

Posted

I don't mind the rain or cold, it's the MUD.

Just got back from our 5.5 mile club cross country championship race (actually, I've been back a while but am only now able to type having spent half an hour in a hot bath). The mud was the worst it's been in the fourteen years we've been using the course, at a complete contrast to the race on the same weekend last year where the ground was baked hard and the winning times were the fastest for years.

This morning's run was a complete slog through shin deep mud and huge freezing puddles of snow melt - brutal conditions. By the last lap in torrential rain and high winds, I couldn't feel my hands and my legs were frozen. It occurred to me at the time (I'd long since lost concentration on the competition!) that it has been an extraordinary week to be out in the weather. On Monday evening it took 4 hrs to drive 20 miles home in a blizzard, and the following day I was running through thigh-deep snow drifts.

Must get on, I've got a whole pile of wet and muddy kit to clean - AGAIN.

post-12907-0-26473900-1363443090_thumb.j

Posted

It's really grotty out there! The cold wind is making the rain hurt as it's hurtled at you horizontally. Only 5.1c so feeling pretty chilly

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

The blue skies didn't last long after the rain cleared, gone grey with showers packing in. In stark contrast to the dry and warm spring-like conditions this time last year ... when we were worrying about the drought!

Edited by Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Next week looking positive.

T84

110133Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_87_06Z.png

T90

110135Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_90_06Z.png

T96

110135Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_96_06Z.png

SNOW DEPTH.

110207Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-2INCH-12HRS_ENSEMBLE_84_06Z.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been a miserable day here in Petts Wood/Lockbottom borders.Max Temp of 8.1 degrees earlier but just started to drop a bit.Bit brighter now but sure it wont be long before more rain spreads in.Next week looks pretty wet and miserable with no sign of Spring.Think the Pennines Northwards may get some heavy snowfall ,down here just good old fashioned cold rain!!Have enjoyed this winter with the cold and snow being the dominant feature between mid Jan and now but just want Spring to come with some Spring sunshine and temps of 10+ degrees as if we get any cold snaps and snow it wont last long due to the time of year we are now in.Wish the last 9 weeks had started in Early December as then we really would have had an epic winter!!

Posted

Next week looking positive.

T84

110133Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_87_06Z.png

T90

110135Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_90_06Z.png

T96

110135Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_96_06Z.png

SNOW DEPTH.

110207Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-2INCH-12HRS_ENSEMBLE_84_06Z.png

Needs to move just a little more south, south london and southwards are in the warm sector yet again on these. The M4 coridor curse again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

some beefy old cells in the channel any lightning on the coast?

Is down in somerset...

"Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather

Thunderstorm with hail into Bedminster now... just saw lightning strike Ilchester Crescent TV transmitter. V dramatic!"

Posted

Is down in somerset...

"Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather

Thunderstorm with hail into Bedminster now... just saw lightning strike Ilchester Crescent TV transmitter. V dramatic!"

I agree, I've seen the Crystal Palace transmiters hit a few times, V dramatic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yuckeddy yuck best describes the weather today, although noticeably milder.

Charts are on one again I see search.gif

Umm ddn't feel all that mild to me… the wind is straight from Siberia or the Arctic, or somewhere else very cold. Worst weather possible in my humble opinion. Just some sun and frost would be nice if it can't warm up just yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

happy birthday smile.png

Looking for a rainbow .... Lovely sunshine here now

Nice Rainbow here to very strong colours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

A good possibility of some thunderstorms breaking out across Central Southern England through to East Anglia tomorrow.

Posted

Happy birthday ab I hope you've had a nice day.

Edit sorry about the text can't seem to get it normal size.

Edited by alexisj9