IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I just looked at the 00z run

Speechless

On phone so no charts to post

Also ukmo is cold as well

Be on soon with charts and also see if cold outlier.

Yikes John, could put a spanner in my flight to Edinburgh Wednesday and journey on to St Andrews (though not too much altitude involved so probably be ok). What do you reckon for that neck of the woods Weds to Fri?

Cheers!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Yikes John, could put a spanner in my flight to Edinburgh Wednesday and journey on to St Andrews (though not too much altitude involved so probably be ok). What do you reckon for that neck of the woods Weds to Fri?

Cheers!

AS

Hi AS,

Definite chance of snow showers up there I would've thought, so warm weather gear essential but as you state, nothing too disruptive.

Whoops. sorry John, that was directed at you!

Cheers,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

Hi AS,

Definite chance of snow showers up there I would've thought, so warm weather gear essential but as you state, nothing too disruptive.

Whoops. sorry John, that was directed at you!

Cheers,

Tom.

Thanks Tom. All opinions gratefully received!

Guest bjaykent

Great uncertainty around will it be cold or warm next week and beyond, whatever it will be I wouldn't have too much faith in GFS current outspill with extraordinary differences between control and operational again this morning, 20c difference on the upper air chart on the 28th march. I'd say you couldn't make it up but then again its looks like someone has!wallbash.gif

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php

post-16390-0-00157100-1363421405_thumb.p

post-16390-0-93942900-1363421442_thumb.p

post-16390-0-41613700-1363421519_thumb.p

Posted

GFS 00z (Op run, cold outlier after about a week) keeps us in cold flow through until end of run.

We still could see a little bit of the white stuff about in the final 2 weeks of March and not of the question to see a colder Easter week-end than the Xmas holiday period was.

It's touting this on the 00z, so I'll take it please!

96_20.gif

102_20.gif

108_20.gif

114_20.gif

Monday all over again but + a thunderstorm!

Guest bjaykent

Cheers!

AS

Not certain you could look much beyond the weekend at the moment, all the models seem to be chopping and changing run by run and the battle between cold and warm appears to be right over the UK at present, very blocked pattern in Northern Hemisphere seems to be causing a lot of uncertainty,

Currently awful weather here heavy rain, gusty winds, just what is required when you need to go shopping on a Saturday morning!

Edited by bjaykent

Posted

Looks like we may miss out on the thunderstorm potential today:

http://forum.netweat...40#entry2642771

But that gusty wind seems to stick around all day:

post-6667-0-60366400-1363423258_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-53311100-1363423270_thumb.pn

and then there's the rain, very heavy over Sussex later:

post-6667-0-32248600-1363423263_thumb.pn

Posted

wow.We could have another snow event again

Rtavn1921.png

gfs-2-192.png?0

and check out the gem

gem-0-216.png?00

We have snow drifts in places still,what a week of weather,with more heavy snow to come,hopefully!!1

Edited by SLEETY

Posted

GFS Free Atmosphere for London has it as a very brief shot:

MU_London_avn.png

But that may be because it currently shows all the real action to the South and in EA again?

These guys have it over us on Wednesday:

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/dynamic/uk

post-6667-0-88334700-1363424157_thumb.pn

I'm not convinced its as intense as Monday from the current info, but it is showing up a bit more often now.

Guest bjaykent

wow.We could have another snow event again

and check out the gem

gem-0-216.png?00

We have snow drifts in places still,what a week of weather,with more heavy snow to come,hopefully!!1

JMA run quite bemusing as well this morning, wants to extend winter big time. Bit of a shift to cold across the board this morning - will it last?

http://www.meteociel...&nh=0&archive=0

Edit this is actually yesterday's run - only updates once a day but still brrrrr!

post-16390-0-37338100-1363424283_thumb.g

post-16390-0-35346900-1363424286_thumb.g

Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Well,birthday weather is for the want of a better word.....yukk.

Think i`ll be staying indoors today,too warm `n` comfy to be bothered to go out and get soaked. biggrin.png

Edited by anything-but

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Think i`ll be staying indoors today,too warm `n` comfy to be bothered to go ut and get soaked. biggrin.png

Happy birthday ab, hi.gif

That's right, stay inside and get pampered! good.gif

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted

Think i`ll be staying indoors today,too warm `n` comfy to be bothered to go out and get soaked. biggrin.png

Happy birthday, have a great day despite the weather. :)

Has not stopped raining here in a long time.. Looking at the radar plenty more to come....

13031806_1606.gif

6am monday Morning looks like the western side of our region is in for a lot of rain!

Coast, That PPN chart you posted I think is off.. The heavier rain is further west as the NAE puts it..

13031609_1606.gif13031612_1606.gif

Latest radar grab:

post-12648-0-58850000-1363427180_thumb.j

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Blowing well outside today, Raining quite heavy atm.

003646Z_21OWS_EUROPE_ANALYSIS_SURFACE_00_SURFACE_SURFACE.GIF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all.

Just to confirm what most of you already know, it is cool, windy and rather wet here too.

Luckily I do not need to venture out until later this afternoon.

Posted

Chucking it down here. Driving to home town in the west country - Radstock, also home to Gibby - in a min; looks like we will have the wet and windy stuff all day so an interesting drive in store across Salisbury Plain.

Posted

Chucking it down here. Driving to home town in the west country - Radstock, also home to Gibby - in a min; looks like we will have the wet and windy stuff all day so an interesting drive in store across Salisbury Plain.

Good luck with your travelling today. I'll be following you down the 303 tomorrow as I'm off down to Newton Abbot to stay with my Mum for her 86th birthday. Hoping it won't be quite so blustery and wet tomorrow but as we all know, weather is not in our hands. Just hoping there won't be snowdrifts to negotiate when I come back on Wednesday lol!

Sue

Posted

Morning all!

Well it's wetter than wetville here today... Was woken up by heavy rain on the skylight and then my rain alarm (which clearly can't keep up this morning!!) it's still going off even though the rain hasn't stopped!!

I think indoor retail therapy is on the cards today, but not looking forward to driving in this weather.

Happy Saturday SEers :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We must still have the rain to come, guys; so far, it's been bright and mild...Have a good day, all.

Edited by Rybris Ponce
Sod it. It's raining!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

We must still have the snow to come, guys; so far, it's been bright and mild but getting much much colder...Have a good day, all.

tease.gif

I promise not to edit any more of your posts to suit my wishful thinkingblush.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Good luck with your travelling today. I'll be following you down the 303 tomorrow as I'm off down to Newton Abbot to stay with my Mum for her 86th birthday. Hoping it won't be quite so blustery and wet tomorrow but as we all know, weather is not in our hands. Just hoping there won't be snowdrifts to negotiate when I come back on Wednesday lol!

Sue

My aunt who's 97 lives in a care home in Teignmouth (she used to live across the Teign in Shaldon). I must take my father who's 94 down to visit his sister for what might be the last time they see each other. Last year we were all set, but there was a massive storm down there so we couldn't go.

Just waiting for some decent spring sunshine and warmth to make the trip. Don't want Dad catching pneumonia as we'll be in a B&B and they're not always nicely heated or cosy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I've got to go out in an hour or so as it's my turn to walk the dogs. Husband does it one day and I do it the next. Not looking forward to it at all. I don't mind the rain or cold, it's the MUD.

You have to watch every single step as all the tracks are ankle deep in it. Then when you get home you have to pressure wash it off your wellies as they become like concrete boots with all the mud sticking to them.