Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Putting the lack of snowfall down here aside for a minute, I don't think I've ever seen a colder week forecast for the end of March than this week;

post-12721-0-48625200-1364056983_thumb.j

You wouldn't think that we're almost a third of the way through Spring. The relentless grey skies are going to be depressing this week however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Still a long way to go yet but still pointing to a white Easter for the south coast and maybe Cornwall!.Dartmoor will be a good place to be.

post-19059-0-92407300-1364058324_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Still a long way to go yet but still pointing to a white Easter for the south coast and maybe Cornwall!.Dartmoor will be a good place to be.

The possibility of a snowy incursion at this timeframe has been mentioned before so it is certainly within the realms of possibility. The longer the cold weather lasts, the higher the chance of seeing snow is!

Posted

Some of the pics in the other regional threads are almost of epic proportions!

In fact they remind me of the snowfalls of late 70s/early 80s.

2 feet lying (not drifts) in NE Wales. Peak district the same!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Dont think the tourist industry will be to happy with that forecast!!

Might have to change their advertising campaign

Visit cornwall and freeze your bo----ks of smile.pngsmile.png

EDIT see falmouth bay has turned into a mountain range again.

Dont you just love these east winds

Edited by cornish snow

Posted

The possibility of a snowy incursion at this timeframe has been mentioned before so it is certainly within the realms of possibility. The longer the cold weather lasts, the higher the chance of seeing snow is!

makes for some very interesting model watching over the next week!. I do think we will hold on to those cold temps and I for one want to end this winter/spring with a bang. :-)

Posted

Dont think the tourist industry will be to happy with that forecast!!

Might have to change their advertising campaign

Visit cornwall and freeze your bo----ks of smile.pngsmile.png

very true , just hope our summer makes up for it. Anyway like you I want to start fishing again soon but sad to say I think we have some waiting to do before we get our lines in the water.

Hope you are well mate, keep warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Well, we had a few hours of heavy snow earlier this morning with a covering on the common, went for an early walk with the dog and it was blooming freezing, blowing snow in a strong wind, the wind chill was bitter.

The pics from Wales etc are epic!!

Its a shame we haven't been in the sweet spot, as the last possible snow ended up to far south (northern France 50cms) and this attempt has been to far north (Wales 50cms). It looks like we could get one more go at it, lets hope this one fall just right, then we can all move onto spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Putting the lack of snowfall down here aside for a minute, I don't think I've ever seen a colder week forecast for the end of March than this week;

post-12721-0-48625200-1364056983_thumb.j

You wouldn't think that we're almost a third of the way through Spring. The relentless grey skies are going to be depressing this week however.

I have it is on my app blum.gifblum.gif today 1c sunday 0c mon 2c tue 2c wed 3c blum.gif Like you said though no snow aggressive.gif

Posted

very true , just hope our summer makes up for it. Anyway like you I want to start fishing again soon but sad to say I think we have some waiting to do before we get our lines in the water.

Hope you are well mate, keep warm.

Plan to start fishing again next tide,but these east winds,well lets just say,we could have a kinder direction.

East winds are always bitter sweet for me. You might get some cold/snow but on the other side,you will lose money.

Thats why TBH i dont like them from now on.

Give me gentle S/W winds from now and i'll be happy.Do we really want snow in april???

See the boys in green are doing a bit better .Think they might survive?

Edited by cornish snow

Posted

Plan to start fishing again next tide,but these east winds,well lets just say,we could have a kinder direction.

East winds are always bitter sweet for me. You might get some cold/snow but on the other side,you will lose money.

Thats why TBH i dont like them from now on.

Give me gentle S/W winds from now and i'll be happy.Do we really want snow in april???

See the boys in green are doing a bit better .Think they might survive?

snow in April is never what a want to be honest because it will never hang around, never the same as in mid winter.

As for Plymouth I think we will stay up , we seem to be hitting form just at the right time while a couple other clubs are in free fall so fingers crossed . :-)

I hope to get some fishing from the rocks soon , thinking mid to end of April as its the time I would normally have my first fish .

Posted

snow in April is never what a want to be honest because it will never hang around, never the same as in mid winter.

As for Plymouth I think we will stay up , we seem to be hitting form just at the right time while a couple other clubs are in free fall so fingers crossed . :-)

I hope to get some fishing from the rocks soon , thinking mid to end of April as its the time I would normally have my first fish .

Do you go see them or no?

Posted

Do you go see them or no?

not for a couple of seasons but hope to see a couple before the end of the season, always working Saturday nights ... The two jobs life!

Posted

not for a couple of seasons but hope to see a couple before the end of the season, always working Saturday nights ... The two jobs life!

2 jobs. you should by truro city and even i'll come and watch.

EDIT just got to say stoke city ruledrinks.gif

Edited by cornish snow

Posted

makes for some very interesting model watching over the next week!. I do think we will hold on to those cold temps and I for one want to end this winter/spring with a bang. :-)

Yes definitely! And with the ensembles trending colder in FI lately, the length of this cold spell is far from certain, so the snow potential is most definitely there. Additionally, the weather will be drier which is even better for us lot!

Posted

Yes definitely! And with the ensembles trending colder in FI lately, the length of this cold spell is far from certain, so the snow potential is most definitely there. Additionally, the weather will be drier which is even better for us lot!

will be a good working week for me being in the gardens, loads of fire wood to find for the boss! :-) weather wise I do hope we get dry warmth after this cold spell and not a month of wet weather.

2 jobs. you should by truro city and even i'll come and watch.

EDIT just got to say stoke city ruledrinks.gif

well someone one has to mate .... Mid table I think ;-).

Not that rich lol, mode you I don't need much for Truro ;-)

Posted

will be a good working week for me being in the gardens, loads of fire wood to find for the boss! :-) weather wise I do hope we get dry warmth after this cold spell and not a month of wet weather.

I agree - the one thing that has annoyed me the most is that many people on the model thread have pointed out mild charts in FI, when really all they show is mild and wet, which is exactly what we don't want. Until I see a mild and dry chart, I am in favour of cold and dry - plus some snow on the side haha biggrin.png

Edited by Joe Levy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Hope so!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I agree - the one thing that has annoyed me the most is that many people on the model thread have pointed out mild charts in FI, when really all they show is mild and wet, which is exactly what we don't want. Until I see a mild and dry chart, I am in favour of cold and dry - plus some snow on the side haha biggrin.png

I agree with that I can't stand thought of 'mild' wet which feels just as cold to be out in! a dry cold spell with just 20mm of snow would do fine as that's 20cm air_kiss.gifgood.gif

Posted

well someone one has to mate .... Mid table I think ;-).

Not that rich lol, mode you I don't need much for Truro ;-)

You are wright about working outside,just wrap up warm and have lots of coffee breaks.

Lived in cornwall since i was 4 but was born in stoke and dad is there biggest fan so always look for their result first.

Posted

glad I'm not alone on that, hate damp mild days but on the other hand if there was a good chart for April suggesting something dry and mild I would bite there hand of. But for now the prospect of snow for April crazy and there is still part of me that don't want it as it will be April!.

Fun times. :-)

Posted

You are wright about working outside,just wrap up warm and have lots of coffee breaks.

Lived in cornwall since i was 4 but was born in stoke and dad is there biggest fan so always look for their result first.

have to be loads of coffee breaks on days like that as that wind cuts you in half and the winter warmers ..... I do try to find the right job for the right day if I can.

Anyway of to my evening bar work at the hall for Cornwall . Have a nice evening mate and good on you with sticking to your home city club. Take care.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Christ did anyone just see the scenes from Cumbria on the news, 20ft drift the reporter was standing next to, cars buried, just the roofs visible, if I didn't know better I'd have thought those scenes were from 62/63!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Snowing again a little in Newbury... I checked the radar and there is wee little blue bolv over us ... So tiny ... Almost cute... ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Christ did anyone just see the scenes from Cumbria on the news, 20ft drift the reporter was standing next to, cars buried, just the roofs visible, if I didn't know better I'd have thought those scenes were from 62/63!

It did look nuts.. Saw the footage in the Internet... Was thinking the same thing about 62/63... One major difference though .. That is only from 3 days of snow and look at the chaos. 62/63 was 3 months!! Dad was telling me about it and just how hard it was. Fortunately he said they were in an old cottage I think in Lincolnshire and the walls of the cottage were nearly a foot thick so when the range was on it was well toasty. Mum said the worse thing for her was getting the nappies dry! She couldn't put them on the line as they froze in minutes!