Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I have given up on good old GB and booked a jolly to Spain with the girls. Watch out for that heatwave, which will start on the 2nd April & last 4 days, whilst Spain struggles with torrential rain. biggrin.png

Mull> You cut your grass twice a week? Nutter! I can barely bring myself to cut mine once a fortnight. Dull. Dull. Dull.

You wouldn't say that once you felt my grass on your ass rofl.gifblum.gif The back lawn doesn't get cut though I have the lawn maintenance team (rabbits) for that. good.gif Strange though the grass has not needed cutting since last October now really with all this chilly weather. Snow has finished now but it looked pretty for half hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

But Daisies look so pretty dotted across a lawn, how can you kill them off?

Protect our Daisies!

Posted

But Daisies look so pretty dotted across a lawn, how can you kill them off?

Protect our Daisies!

Not a single daisy in my lawn blum.gif Don't worry though I sell Bellis 6 pack's at work to make up for my crimes rofl.gif I do however have moss creeping in at the sides because of our wet nasty winter aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

32.6mm of rain fell from Thursday 7am up midnight Friday.

March now stands at 104.4mm with 2013 at 319.4mm.

Weirdly, the total between January 1st and March 23rd last year was 104.4mm

Posted

Snow now more or less stopped here in north-east Hampshire. Between 2 and 10cm lying depending on elevation. Big surprise and not bad for late March. Been a good/very good winter in this part of the world.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Not a single daisy in my lawn blum.gif Don't worry though I sell Bellis 6 pack's at work to make up for my crimes rofl.gif I do however have moss creeping in at the sides because of our wet nasty winter aggressive.gif

I cultivate Moss in mine, it's wonderful stuff, always green and nothing beats the feel of it beneath bare feet. A dry, clear summer's morning, first thing when the Sun is up and you know it promises to be a scorcher, my idea of heaven is to start the day walking bare foot around the garden, tea in hand with bare feet bouncing across the dew laden Moss. Oooo, I can't wait for summer now.

Anyway, it's stopped snowing, now it's just yuk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Yup snow must have stopped here in Newbury about an hour ago... All wet and meaty. In fact you wouldn't have thought it had snowed here in some parts of town.. Just grey damp and miserable now... Oh and cold... :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Dont see any piveting and besides if it does theyll be nowt left if it drops south. Wrong part of the world at this time if year, still if we have summer its often better diwn here so swings roundabouts. Please for the guys that had the snow enjoy it while it lasts.

Crazy to think snow is still possible in april then agin at the end of october start november. So not that long really for the potential next snow fix winterwatch 6 months really.

Would be awesome if we went straight from winter to summer then back to winter like canada seems to.

Posted

Dont see any piveting and besides if it does theyll be nowt left if it drops south. Wrong part of the world at this time if year, still if we have summer its often better diwn here so swings roundabouts. Please for the guys that had the snow enjoy it while it lasts.

Crazy to think snow is still possible in april then agin at the end of october start november. So not that long really for the potential next snow fix winterwatch 6 months really.

Would be awesome if we went straight from winter to summer then back to winter like canada seems to.

Summer is statistically colder and wetter in the southwest than many parts of the country... mega_shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

It's light snow here too.

Bowling green? I've been a gardener for more years than I care to remember but I just don't get the lawn thing, reckon it's a man obsession. Wrote a book for B&Q a while back, there was a whole chapter on lawns and caring for them, I've never struggled so much writing anything, as much as I struggled with that one. Required 10,000 words on caring for your lawn - I got as far as 'it's green, you cut it' before drawing a complete blank. Nightmare!

I've never got it either. I love gardening but I just mow the lawn when it needs mowing. I saw something on tv a while ago about this man which ifrc had his lawn voted the best in the UK or something or other. The hours he put into it were incredible. I just saw it as green grass!

Anyway its just grey cold nothingness here but its dry which is a bonus. 2.5c with a dew point of 1.3c.

Edited by Bumpkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Good luck!! Hope it goes well. Very misty up her today mind!!

still looking..... lovely cottage but no garden out back just a yard that your neighbours walk through. Need that moss and grass out back! Weather changed now too sunny this morning the mist and low cloud followed us out the moor and now engulfs us! Bit nippy but tropical compared to those folks further north and west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

still looking..... lovely cottage but no garden out back just a yard that your neighbours walk through. Need that moss and grass out back! Weather changed now too sunny this morning the mist and low cloud followed us out the moor and now engulfs us! Bit nippy but tropical compared to those folks further north and west

Shame, its got to be right though!! Currently 2.6c outside and only set to get colder....

Posted

Rain here this morning & now just delightfully grey cold & miserable. I am not bothered about having no snow, I just want some warm sunshine!

Temp is 4C after a minimum of erm 4C. lazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tesco are selling snow shovels @ £3 (50% off), with a no return policy!

Do it, guaranteed never to wear out down here.

Or buy 100 at £300 then go up north and sell them for a tenner each. £3000 return. Sorted. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's been snowing here since at least 5am in the morning. And when it looks like it'll stop, it becomes snizzle instead and soon after it starts snowing moderately again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

This is turning into a horrible day, slate grey skies & the temp has never got above 3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

This is turning into a horrible day, slate grey skies & the temp has never got above 3c

Don't worry, only another 5 coming up at least. :(

Posted

After looking at the charts for the last couple of days, the battle between the Atlantic vs Scandi High is looking like a close run thing, but im going for a win for the Scandi High with the M4 being the main battleground zone then spreading East, the concern is for the SW is that the front seems to be going E to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

The GFS 12z run has corrected southward enough to give the South-West some potentially heavy snow on friday and saturday. However, this is bearing in mind that friday is a very long way away meteorologically, so take it with a pinch of salt... for now. Ian Fergusson did say a couple of days ago that Exeter had some concerns for precisely that time frame, but I am not sure if those concerns still stand, considering the standard model fluctuations.

Edited by Joe Levy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I bet that back in the 1950's the Ministry Of Transport had no idea that rather than solving a transportation problem, that the building of the M4 would lead to a 60+ year feud between the left wing Atlanticans V's the right wing Easterlies......Almost every year it leads to a battle royal and utter carnage along it....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

After looking at the charts for the last couple of days, the battle between the Atlantic vs Scandi High is looking like a close run thing, but im going for a win for the Scandi High with the M4 being the main battleground zone then spreading East, the concern is for the SW is that the front seems to be going E to be honest.

Well if the high pressure holds out then it will keep the fronts at bay and there will be no precipitation.

I bet that back in the 1950's the Ministry Of Transport had no idea that rather than solving a transportation problem, that the building of the M4 would lead to a 60+ year feud between the left wing Atlanticans V's the right wing Easterlies......Almost every year it leads to a battle royal and utter carnage along it....lol

lol

I do hate the useage of it, a lot of posts refer to it as natural snow stopping object, when really it does naff all. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

now i am the biggest snow fan, but wats all this talk about next weekend, im off on holiday flying from Bristol dont want to be getting stuck...