Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Still bone dry here. Rain today shows snow in every compass direction. Yarmouth snowshield on full blast and covering a large part of Norfolk/Suffolk by the looks of it.

rofl.gif just saw tv weather, it had the tiniest sliver of no snow right over us everywhere else was thick white

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

probably 2cms here in Billericay. Road (gritted) is a bit slushy but drivable, paths are covered mostly when they are not too sheltered by trees, and still coming down moderate to heavy. - Reckon there has been a cm in the last hour certainly visibly thicker than when I got up. A few more hours of this and it will be a nice fall. Hopefully it picks up at some points.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Snow here how in earth is it going to settle? The ground is so wet!

That's what I thought this morning, but we have a covering now.

Guest archiesmummy

All white on grass and bushes, bins etc but the pavements are just wet...snowing tho and that's the main thing! Showing on met office app snow all day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

3cm on the deck. 1" per hour snow rates at the moment.

post-15503-0-62353000-1364026031_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Moderate but consistent. Really small flakes. Are we getting any of the big 50p size ones due?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Is it heavy anywhere? The only decent returns appear to be sw of London and are they snow?. Are posters seeing the snow heavier than it actually is?

If you want to know what heavy snow leads to, go look in the welsh thread !!

Yes mate, it is snowing here and settling, temp drop from 1.2C to 0.6C in last 2 hours. in Dorking and i'm SW of London. Was looking like a 30% chance of this when i went to bed last night but BBC & Meto didn't even mention, and BBC still not showing on their graphics. Must be old recording. Anyway, chances of this turning into more of an event for London & SE later today and tonight now 40% i would say, depends if this SW forms later or not. Models were split on this last night, will know better by lunchtime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Another dry, cloudy, cold day in store...Congrats to all those who have some.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Rain all the way here at the moment. Can't see it changing for us. Maybe we used up our luck a couple of weeks ago! Any updates on prospects beyond today?

Posted

noticed that the front is slowly decaying on radar..is that gonna be the case and will be dry afternoon??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

rofl.gif just saw tv weather, it had the tiniest sliver of no snow right over us everywhere else was thick white

rofl.gif

I wonder whether mother nature got the memo about me not wanting snow. Seems it was interpreted as reverse psychology.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Guest bjaykent

Looking like one of those days where elevation or how heavy ppn is are going to make a difference. Drove from Gravesend to Maidstone 6.00am this morning, mixture of rain, sleet & snow, snow on A2 at Cobham and M2 Junction for Bluebell Hill due to elevation, and in Maidstone during a heavy shower by the time I returned at 7.00am there were very slight accumulations at top of Bluebell Hill and Cobham. Back to Gravesend and a mix of rain sleet and snow again with nothing settling currently but certainly looking more promising than yesterday..

Good to see the heavier returns on the radar giving some settling snow to London .

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=50.995&lon=2.709090909090909&z=7&x=521&y=486

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Moderate but consistent. Really small flakes. Are we getting any of the big 50p size ones due?

You don't want 50p flakes, it means the air is marginal for snow and could turn back to rain at any point. Smaller flakes builds the snow up quickly and you dont have to worry about it turning back to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Been snowing here for an hour now and settling. NW radar v6 showing as rain though, so new version not really doing too well