Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Upcoming Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - w/c 12th May

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Dont know if this will work but heres one of many lightning pictures had captured from friday morning storms

Edit: Ahh apologises it hasnt worked

Edited by Stormyking

Posted

This might work

https://twitter.com/iowweather/status/343078421397643264/photo/1/large?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=iowweather&utm_content=343078421397643264

This looks like the only way this will show up, but yes here is one of many lightning pictures my mate had captured from one of friday mornings thunderstorms

Edited by Stormyking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

This might work

https://twitter.com/iowweather/status/343078421397643264/photo/1/large?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=iowweather&utm_content=343078421397643264

This looks like the only way this will show up, but yes here is one of many lightning pictures my mate had captured from one of friday mornings thunderstorms

I had the pleasure of being woken by that awesome storm and thunder in Portsmouth. It was so unexpected!!

Posted

This might work

Nice high based storm there, great shot. Posted Image

Posted

I had the pleasure of being woken by that awesome storm and thunder in Portsmouth. It was so unexpected!!

This was the very early morning one :D, What a morning for us both!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

This might work

very nice, I've managed to capture many lightning shots at night

but never any daytime shots, I tip my hat

Posted

very nice, I've managed to capture many lightning shots at nightbut never any daytime shots, I tip my hat

Unfortuenatly i failed to capture lightning, but the one that got that one captured a fair few.

When the 8 am storms arrived after this early mornings one, the sky was that dark it was like night time again and every single flash and fork of lightning was visible! 

I will upload my pictures of the storms in a bit too, im gonna try and upload a video of the rain we had aswell

Posted

I was meant to post this the other day, someone had captured this house get struck by Lightning in Newport the other day too :O

Posted

I was meant to post this the other day, someone had captured this house get struck by Lightning in Newport the other day too Posted Image

Brilliant capture there and shotgun thunder too. Hope no-one was hurt of course.

Posted

Here is another Lightning picture which My friend had Captured of the very early Friday Morning Storm

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Wha... As if that is going to happen. It will move further eastwards eventually or disappear completely.

post-18097-0-24350700-1370796978_thumb.p

Edited by interestingweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

This might work

Incredible picture. How did you catch that? Were you filming?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Wha... As if that is going to happen. It will move further eastwards eventually or disappear completely.

Posted Imagewha the.png

I'm going East if that upgrades.

Posted

Incredible picture. How did you catch that? Were you filming?

Oh I didnt catch it haha, My friend captured this one but I was with him when he got it. 

But nah he didnt video it, he generally caught it on his Camera, basically he used his camera, but he has a Lightning trigger, and what he does is set it up on the top of his camera, and it goes off whenever Lightning strikes and most of the time it does capture the Lightning.

It is actually extremely accurate the trigger he uses, as sometimes it goes off ad we are like howwww did it do that when we havent seen anything, but then everytime aswell thunder rumbles away. So it is very accurate :).

Posted

Posted Imagewha the.png

Or drop south....  Posted Image

post-1669-0-84246300-1370816472_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Oh I didnt catch it haha, My friend captured this one but I was with him when he got it. 

But nah he didnt video it, he generally caught it on his Camera, basically he used his camera, but he has a Lightning trigger, and what he does is set it up on the top of his camera, and it goes off whenever Lightning strikes and most of the time it does capture the Lightning.

It is actually extremely accurate the trigger he uses, as sometimes it goes off ad we are like howwww did it do that when we havent seen anything, but then everytime aswell thunder rumbles away. So it is very accurate Posted Image.

What make is it?

Posted

GFS this morning has Thursday and Fridays potential disappearing completely. Only action on offer for the week on this run is:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

video clip from Chase Tour 3 this year!  

epic thunder!

just processing now, may have to wait a few mins before it will play!

Edited by crashlanding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

A long way out, but this sort of upper air pattern would be acceptable towards months end;

post-12721-0-46570900-1370855079_thumb.j

:);):)

Does anybody have the charts detailing the cell that was active off the Lizard peninsular Cornwall Saturday 8th from 6am onwards?

I was partaking in a running race, the cell passed over the start then I ran towards if for a good hour with it exploding in the distance along the coast heading east - west.

amazing CG strikes and great structure you could almost feel the updraft

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Does anybody have the charts detailing the cell that was active off the Lizard peninsular Cornwall Saturday 8th from 6am onwards?I was partaking in a running race, the cell passed over the start then I ran towards if for a good hour with it exploding in the distance along the coast heading east - west.amazing CG strikes and great structure you could almost feel the updraft

Here are a couple;post-12721-0-79881000-1370865260_thumb.jpost-12721-0-78549000-1370865267_thumb.j

Posted

I know its really far out but GFS and ECM are showing this, but please please happen!

GFS version:

Posted Image

Posted Image

ECM Version:

Posted Image

Personally I would prefer the ECM if this was to pull, because of more intence heat and Violent thunderstorms! 

Just thought id post this in here for some Interest, which has probably already been seen by most on here :) They will obviously change but who knows! :D

Posted

I know its really far out but 

Just thought id post this in here for some Interest, which has probably already been seen by most on here

Probably not as it is so far away it makes FI look imminent!!  

Anyway, I think you've had your quota of storms on the Island for the year, just last week :lol: