Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Gosh it's back to reality today isn't it after a boootiful weekend. On the plus side, 'Springwatch' is back on the telly for the next few weeks!! :-)

Sure is. I thought I was too late in the season to start bee keeping, but bee keepers (and farmers) say we're already a month behind, so as far as my bees are concerned it's perfect. They are starting to forage. but slowly slowly and not very far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Goodness me its wet! Just walked to the station and still managed to get a few damp patches despite the large brolly!

It's really wet rain today ;)

Posted

Afternoon all. I trust everyone had a good Bank Holiday Weekend, sympathies to those who had to work ( though I would welcome the chance ). Today is a case of 'after the Lord Mayors show' it seems, back to the dross which preceded the weekend.though not as cold as it was last Friday thankfully.

At  this time of year I like my rain to fall in short sharp convective bursts, in between spells of warmish sunshine, not this horrible muck thats falling from slate grey skies for most of the day. This kind of weather should  be confined solely to the dark dank miserable days of winter in my humble opinion. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Sure is. I thought I was too late in the season to start bee keeping, but bee keepers (and farmers) say we're already a month behind, so as far as my bees are concerned it's perfect. They are starting to forage. but slowly slowly and not very far.

Yes looking at a few things last night it seems that we're still a month behind...talk of bluebells, oak trees etc etc. They even had Matt Taylor talking about March's rather forgettable 'easterly flow'! Hopefully there's not the wash out they experienced last year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes looking at a few things last night it seems that we're still a month behind...talk of bluebells, oak trees etc etc. They even had Matt Taylor talking about March's rather forgettable 'easterly flow'! Hopefully there's not the wash out they experienced last year!

The old saying "Oak before ash - in for a splash. Ash before oak - in for a soak".

It's the opposite way round this year from the last 3 or 4 years, and the oaks are well ahead of the ashes, so just maybe we'll get a decent summer this year

Posted

Hello all

It's just started to brighten a little in Reigate after a day so far of steady rain, interspersed with some periods of much more heavy rain.  Tempertaures on the cool side.  Next weekend looking promising though - can we have 2 decent weekends in a row?

AS

Edit:  and with that, it has darkened again

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Rain eased off here in Croydon now and cloud starting to break up a bit. Should be some respite for most of the region now, before rain moves south through the region, during tomorrow.

As Abruzzi states, weekend looking quite promising though, with ridge from the Azores High trying to edge in from the SW.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Hi all

Hope you all had a good weekend

I have moved again so back on phone for now. Grrrrrrrrr

Will update brief fax charts later

Just something I have been watching

Should start to get warmer from 5th onwards. However I think heat then storms looking likely for june

I am still in croydon for now

Talk later

And of course well done palace

( I support someone else though)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

P!$$ing down here!  And just gone even darker (table light now on), and feeling rather cool.

Looks like I will be curled up on the sofa later with the fleecy throw when watching tonight's installment of Spring Watch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I feel like Rip Van Winkle! I went for a lie down and I think I've lost four bloomin months. It's like October out there. Wind and general grimness. Now waiting for the leaves to fall. :(

post-17085-0-34405200-1369756087_thumb.j

Posted

I feel like Rip Van Winkle! I went for a lie down and I think I've lost four bloomin months. It's like October out there. Wind and general grimness. Now waiting for the leaves to fall. Posted Image

Hold the faith, weekend is not looking too bad ATM Posted Image

Posted

The rain stopped about an hour ago here and the humidity seems to have shot up since. Some very dark and foreboding skies overhead. and hardly a hint of a breeze . Any chance of a thunderstorm ??  ......probably not Posted Image

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Hi allHope you all had a good weekendI have moved again so back on phone for now. GrrrrrrrrrWill update brief fax charts laterJust something I have been watchingShould start to get warmer from 5th onwards. However I think heat then storms looking likely for juneI am still in croydon for nowTalk laterAnd of course well done palace( I support someone else though)

Welcome back JP. Im afraid I can't agree about Palace though !!

Posted

I may have to venture out soon, Iceland (the shop) closes at 18:00, I need bread and milk, and some other bits, else it is a trek across town in this mire weather, so hoping it will ease off "real soon", else me and my plaster cast may get a bit damp Posted Image

Posted

Anyone brave enough to give me a forecast for London on the evening of 1st June???

Posted

Anyone brave enough to give me a forecast for London on the evening of 1st June???

Snow Posted Image

By jov, it just may have stopped raining here!

Might run out and do the mini shop I need.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I guess a few will have seen this already. Not really the right place but it's a dramatic 2 1/2 minutes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

My goodness I presume that was one of those protected chase vehicles as a car would have taken offPosted Image

I've read about the TIV2 now and it is designed for the purpose. I'd have still been bricking it though!Posted Image

Posted

I guess a few will have seen this already. Not really the right place but it's a dramatic 2 1/2 minutes!

Just read the official comment under the clip on YouTube - said they recorded 150 - 175mph winds (EF3-4) before the tornado ripped the instruments off the roof of the vehicle!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hmmmm, Jennifer lopez,Posted Image Looked pretty HOT tonight, Made up for the Crap Weather today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

God its just been as if someone has installed a leaking pipe from Ipswich/Suffolk coast through Peterborough up through the Midlands and to the North-West this afternoon! Just endless amounts of rain exiting Belgium along a conveyor belt if you like.

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

So much rain here today. Odd on bbc weather forecast after news at ten. There was no person or moving map! Just the announcer with a pic of Scotland weather map.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

My goodness I presume that was one of those protected chase vehicles as a car would have taken offPosted Image

Oh yes... it was the TIV2 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_Intercept_Vehicle

For those that might have missed it there are some great reports and pictures from the NW team on this part of the forum...

http://forum.netweather.tv/forum/151-storm-chase-usa/

......some of my favourites are from the very talented photographer and tour 3 guest John Finney 

post-10773-0-09028200-1369779876_thumb.j

post-10773-0-58945800-1369779932_thumb.j

post-10773-0-10709700-1369779949_thumb.j