Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning, yes the sun is out and the grass is looking at me waiting to be cut, must buy a goat:D

Morning all,Could I borrow your goat Chris, when you've finished with it or perhaps we could buy a regional goat and pass it around to other NW members, when they have the need for some grass cutting/eating!Would have been a great day for gardening but alas at work again, thinking of getting a fold-up bed for the office.Anyway, beautiful morning here in downtown Croydon.Hope you all have lovely day whatever you're doing, whether it be gardening, barbecueing or indeed buying goats!Regards,Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Morning all,

Could I borrow your goat Chris, when you've finished with it or perhaps we could buy a regional goat and pass it around to other NW members, when they have the need for some grass cutting/eating!

Would have been a great day for gardening but alas at work again, thinking of getting a fold-up bed for the office.

Anyway, beautiful morning here in downtown Croydon.

Hope you all have lovely day whatever you're doing, whether it be gardening, barbecueing or indeed buying goats!

Regards,

Tom.

I love goatsPosted Image My garden is impractical for them thoughPosted Image

Lunchtime and then some time in the garden I think. We have to make the most of this really pleasant weather while we can and be glad that it has timed itself for a Bank Holiday for a changePosted Image Although I know that is not much consolation for you Tomas, stuck in an office

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

I love goats:) My garden is impractical for them though:unsure: Lunchtime and then some time in the garden I think. We have to make the most of this really pleasant weather while we can and be glad that it has timed itself for a Bank Holiday for a change:) Although I know that is not much consolation for you Tomas, stuck in an office

Haven't done anything to make the most of the lovely weather yet today, so time to get son out into the garden for outdoor games. Dog has already been out on the lawn playing with his new toy, here he is having a break from the exhausting tugging, chasing and squeaking.post-8993-0-84459500-1369572182_thumb.jp

Posted

Good afternoon all. In the words of U2, It's a beautiful day.....well it is here and hopefully it is where you are. Posted Image

Posted

I love goats:) My garden is impractical for them though:unsure: Lunchtime and then some time in the garden I think. We have to make the most of this really pleasant weather while we can and be glad that it has timed itself for a Bank Holiday for a change:) Although I know that is not much consolation for you Tomas, stuck in an office

Hi Tamarina,As I've said before, it can be a bit of a drag working B/Hs. I have to acknowledge though that are plenty of people out "there"looking for work at the moment and I'm very fortunate to be working in this industry, as I have a great love of sport.When you decide to work in this field, being part of the leisure industry, working weekends, B/Hs, summer evenings, is part of the territory and you know you will have to do some unsociable hours but the overtime does help to soften the blow.A few years ago, I worked at the racecourses and have been to some lovely meetings, Cheltenham, Royal Ascot, Lingfield, Epsom, Sandown, etc.Probably the most scenic though would have to be Goodwood and would thoroughly recommend an evening out there during the summer, when the weathers fine. Lovely views across the South Downs from the balcony on top of the grandstand, ideal with a glass of Pimms!Anyway back to work and the Monaco Grand Prix, racing in Ireland, golf at Wentworth and not forgetting the Ladies F.A. Cup Final.Very sporting Sunday, today!Sun still shining brightly through the office window, here in Croydon.Hope you're all making the most of todays' lovely weather.Regards,Tom. Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just shows that at this time of year we don't need temps in the mid 20s to have a cracking day, if sat in the sun it is. strong and warm enough to make a day of 18/19oc feel superb.

I'm suitably full of BBQ and soaking up the last few rays of the day, working tomorrow at the Beeb on the late shift so enjoying this while I can :)

Edited by Jezzer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hi Tamarina,

As I've said before, it can be a bit of a drag working B/Hs. I have to acknowledge though that are plenty of people out "there"

looking for work at the moment and I'm very fortunate to be working in this industry, as I have a great love of sport.

When you decide to work in this field, being part of the leisure industry, working weekends, B/Hs, summer evenings, is part of the territory and you know you will have to do some unsociable hours but the overtime does help to soften the blow.

A few years ago, I worked at the racecourses and have been to some lovely meetings, Cheltenham, Royal Ascot, Lingfield, Epsom, Sandown, etc.

Probably the most scenic though would have to be Goodwood and would thoroughly recommend an evening out there during the summer, when the weathers fine. Lovely views across the South Downs from the balcony on top of the grandstand, ideal with a glass of Pimms!

Anyway back to work and the Monaco Grand Prix, racing in Ireland, golf at Wentworth and not forgetting the Ladies F.A. Cup Final.

Very sporting Sunday, today!

Sun still shining brightly through the office window, here in Croydon.

Hope you're all making the most of todays' lovely weather.

Regards,

Tom.

I've been to the 'Glorious Goodwood' summer event before and it makes a great seasonal occasionPosted Image  I don't know anything about Football but was it our England ladies playing another country somewhere? Why do I get the impression I have probably asked a really dumb questionPosted Image Posted Image I hope that 'we' won, whoever 'our' team actually isPosted Image Posted Image

Its been a beautiful blue sky today and I came back from the seafront fairly recently where the sun was sparkling the waves like fizzy wine bubblesPosted Image  There have not been many days like this so far, and there is a sense that people were making the most of itPosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hope you all have lovely day whatever you're doing, whether it be gardening, barbecueing or indeed buying goats!

None of the above but I've had a pretty good 24 hours.... and the sun has been shining brightly at last  Posted Image

I hope you've all enjoyed the BH weekend so far as well Posted Image

Posted

Hello all

I have been outside all day; under 10s cricket match this morning sitting in a sun trap, dog walking this afternoon in local woodland, and then in our sun trap garden ending with a family BBQ this evening. It's never got above 20.2c in Reigate today but has felt warmer than that - the sun's power is really noticeable and combined with a breeze and low humidity it leads the unwary amongst us into the warm embrace of the beetroot family (not me, of course, no idea why I mentioned that, but here's a snapshot of me enjoying the weather today)

post-3098-0-13174500-1369602218_thumb.jp

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

I've been to the 'Glorious Goodwood' summer event before and it makes a great seasonal occasionPosted Image  I don't know anything about Football but was it our England ladies playing another country somewhere? Why do I get the impression I have probably asked a really dumb questionPosted Image Posted Image I hope that 'we' won, whoever 'our' team actually isPosted Image Posted Image

Its been a beautiful blue sky today and I came back from the seafront fairly recently where the sun was sparkling the waves like fizzy wine bubblesPosted Image  There have not been many days like this so far, and there is a sense that people were making the most of itPosted Image

Hi Tamara,

Have been lucky enough to attend the 'Glorious Goodwood' fixture a few times, although I was working. Falls at the end of July beginning of August and I remember in '90 or ''91 the temperature hit 93f/94f and you werent allowed to take your jacket and tie off in the Richmond Enclosure, very uncomfortable.

Even had to buy myself one of these fellas, to keep the sun off.

Posted Image

Tamara , the womens football match was between Arsenal Ladies and Bristol Academy, Arsenal won 3-0, just for the record.

Managed to get a couple of hours in the garden, after work. Had massive argument with the goat though, who wanted paying treble time for a B/H Sunday, even threatened me with ACAS. So decided to cut it myself and managed to get the worst off, just as well as I was coming to the end of my tether with it.

Didnt realise the goat was too, who escaped and jumped over the garden fence and was last seen heading for Chislehurst Common.

So if anybody finds a goat wandering around that area, could you please return him to me, the front garden still needs cutting.

He answers to the name of Eric...... Eric the Goat. All my pets are called Eric, there's nothing wrong in that, Dawn Palethorpe, the lady show-jumper, had a .........Monty Python fans fill in the rest! The rest of you can send the men in white coats round, I dont care. I have a pet halibut too, also called Eric.

Sorry, its obviously a grass allergy!

Anyway, it was a lovely evening here in Chislehurst.

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Evening all :) Up to 21.1c here mid afternoon! Warmest day of the year so far for me, it was lovely..

Edited by lottiekent

Posted

This is more like it, t-shirt and jeans, pottering in the garden and finishing with a glass of wine, bliss Posted Image

May we have many more like this please.

Posted

Morning all ....another beautiful one here, I'm looking forward to a BBQ and some Pimms today Posted Image

....by the way has anyone lost a goat ?

post-10773-0-40252300-1369640746_thumb.j

Posted Image

Posted

Morning all and what a stunning one it is so far! Off to Dover Castle (where they have a WW2 special weekend on) today with the kids so hoping the pesky cloud stays away.

If I see any goats lurking in the wartime tunnels I'll report back later ;)

Posted

I have been up all night trying to find BillyPosted Image

Can you please come and get him then....

.....he's eating everything in the garden including my undies off the washing line Posted Image

Morning all and what a stunning one it is so far! Off to Dover Castle (where they have a WW2 special weekend on) today with the kids so hoping the pesky cloud stays away.

Sounds great...have a lovely day Lottie Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel

Can you please come and get him then....

.....he's eating everything in the garden including my undies off the washing line Posted Image

He did the same to me and once i have been to M&S for some more undies I will be straight over Posted Image

Have a great day, off to the pub near the canal at Stoke Bruerne for lunch

Posted

Good morning all,

Beautiful breezy sunny morning here..............lovely.

That goat was in my garden last night...........All of my runner bean plants have been eaten!

Posted

Afternoon All,

Sounds like we have mostly all been enjoying the bank holiday so far...

Just got back from Sainsburys, got plenty of sausages, burgers, chicken, salads etc - just waiting for friends to come round and we will be having our first (and hopefully not last!) BBQ of the year.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend peeps Posted Image