Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 12z 30/06/13

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So the metoffice says another 10 years of summers with limpet troughs and then instantaneously we end up with a limpet Azores high over us Posted Image

Posted

So the metoffice says another 10 years of summers with limpet troughs and then instantaneously we end up with a limpet Azores high over us :rofl:

Lol, you knew as soon as they commented on the last five summers, then a heat wave would be upon us in no time. Fantastic outlook right out into the never never land. Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The rain spikes are starting to increase on the ensembles from the 13th onwards till then though it remains exceptionally dry away from parts of Scotland

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The uppers start to go down to average as well from the 13th so cooler than of late but still pleasantly warm in the sunshine

10 day precipitation outlook shows any rainfall is going to be low

Posted Image

Posted

If anything the models (or at least the ECM and GFS) seem to be extending this spell in the longer/unreliable timeframe at the moment.

GFS has upgraded temps next week end by quite a margin in the south:

Posted Image

That is likely to change a bit being at t+183, but nice to see the models aren't gradually eating away at temps now like some runs were before. It has also upgraded temps slightly next week compared to yesterday's runs.

I nearly choked on my morning waffle. As an east Dorset resident that is crazy! That's getting closer to the record temperature recorded locally at Hurn (34 degrees) so let's hope this keeps coming (though it is a Saturday and I'll be playing cricket so there would be a good chance of dying in the field if it's 31).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Unbelivable models this morning!!it now looks like we wont see any low cloud at all next week!!amd temps will stay between 25-30 degrees!!

Yes, let's hope most get their fix of vitamin D or whatever it is from the beautiful sunshine on a daily basis. At that rate this ole house Posted Image will be getting a bit uncomfortable for sleeping but beggars can't be choosers.  Posted Image 

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

So the metoffice says another 10 years of summers with limpet troughs and then instantaneously we end up with a limpet Azores high over us Posted Image

Comedy post of the day Posted Image Summer 2013 a washout? Um..........................Posted Image  (there goes the instant theory of 10 washout summers in a row)! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I nearly choked on my morning waffle. As an east Dorset resident that is crazy! That's getting closer to the record temperature recorded locally at Hurn (34 degrees) so let's hope this keeps coming (though it is a Saturday and I'll be playing cricket so there would be a good chance of dying in the field if it's 31).

If you ever want to choke on 'waffle', you've come to the right place!Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

An excellent week ahead for Summer lovers is still in prospect.

The Azores high parked pretty much over the top of us so with light breezes and strong sunshine plenty of high temperature readings will occur in the next few days.

There is that weakening weather front further north that will produce some cloud over the next 24hrs or so and then the only other possible fly in the ointment next week is the risk of low cloud mid-week towards some eastern coasts.

Last night's T120 fax shows why

post-2026-0-99531500-1373102766_thumb.gi

fronts trailing over the top of the high coming down the north sea but indications are that this looks a very weak feature so at the moment maybe this will become less of a concern nearer the time.

Looking great overall though and any concerns about whether the temperature in different locations will be 23,25 28 or 30C plus i think are unnecessary -it should feel warm enough in that sun for any outside activities.

Just looking further ahead and as Gavin alluded to in his earlier post signs of some change as we into the following week.

Day 10 Ens means show pressure just falling away from the north

post-2026-0-30503100-1373103165_thumb.gipost-2026-0-76857500-1373103176_thumb.pn

as the main High cell pulls back west.It does indicate more cloud with perhaps some rain over the far north as frontal systems start to drift further south from a developing Icelandic low.

Too early to say how much of a change this will be but it could be we pick a more typical n/s setup with heights still quite noticable further south extending the dry and fine theme beyond mid-month.

In the mean time let's enjoy what's in front of us.

Posted

Fantastic Phil. We been waiting quite a few years for a lovely azores to be pumped over us. Enjoy it people! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

If you ever want to choke on 'waffle', you've come to the right place!Posted Image 

I hope you aren't referring to this post, Peter. Posted ImagePosted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77164-model-output-discussion-12z-300613/?p=2730993

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

No, to my own...Posted Image 

Posted

Yes I was a bit surprised too, slightly higher temp predictions than you'd expect from the GFS with the uppers we have too. I think that is on the high end of possible temps but shows the very warm outlook continuing at least until next week end it looks like, with hot days possible if the high orientates favorably for that. I think I'd die doing anything too strenuous at 30C+ temps too!

Comedy post of the day Posted Image Summer 2013 a washout? Um..........................Posted Image  (there goes the instant theory of 10 washout summers in a row)! Posted Image

Dreamt up, almost entirely, by the press Posted Image  shame how many believe the rather 'creative' output/interpretations from certain media sources and associate it with the Met even on this forum but oh well.

Can't deny though it is a bit amusing that as soon as the media publish these interpretations this happens with our weather Posted Image

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Geez, GFS 06z looks like it could be even better than the 00z! Really special charts at the moment. The next week AT LEAST looks very sunny and above 25c here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another stunning GFS 06z. Quite a few models seem to be going for high pressure to build pretty strong again next weekend ish and maybe push just to our East again. Could this hot spell be going on towards the 20th!!?!?!?!?

Lots to be resolved but to me it seems any unsettled weather keeps on getting pushed way back. Long may it continue. Posted Image

ECM 00z Ensembles for London are pretty much Bone dry till at least the 20th!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Geez, GFS 06z looks like it could be even better than the 00z! Really special charts at the moment. The next week AT LEAST looks very sunny and above 25c here!

C'mon Blizzy this is the Midlands thread..........surely you can find something negative to say about those charts??? Posted Image

Bish

Posted

C'mon Blizzy this is the Midlands thread..........surely you can find something negative to say about those charts??? Posted Image

Bish

Model output Thread Bish :p

Something negative.... hmm thats a difficult one.... its not 40c???? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Bish

something negative eh

well the days are drawing in so less time to enjoy it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

40c would be horrific, no thank you! Certainly looking good for at least another 7-10 days with the hp cell parked over us.

Posted

The 06z ensembles are just starting to show a few more cooler permutations now from the 13th onwards from this point we start to see an increase in the rain spikes as well which suggests to me this spell of high pressure could start to ease away later next week of course before that we have 7 days of summery weather which we haven't seen on this scale since 2006 but there will even be exceptions to this mainly north west Scotland and perhaps parts of northern Ireland where rain and cloud is likely to spoil things at times like it is today.

The other exception is parts of the east cost where cloud is likely to roll in from Wednesday till the weekend keeping things here cloudy, dull and not all that warm compared to western parts with temperatures stuck in the mid teens at best and with an easterly breeze those right on the coast may be left wondering where the heatwave is

Posted

Can we please stay on topic...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

The 06z ensembles are just starting to show a few more cooler permutations now from the 13th onwards from this point we start to see an increase in the rain spikes as well which suggests to me this spell of high pressure could start to ease away later next week of course before that we have 7 days of summery weather which we haven't seen on this scale since 2006 but there will even be exceptions to this mainly north west Scotland and perhaps parts of northern Ireland where rain and cloud is likely to spoil things at times like it is today.

The other exception is parts of the east cost where cloud is likely to roll in from Wednesday till the weekend keeping things here cloudy, dull and not all that warm compared to western parts with temperatures stuck in the mid teens at best and with an easterly breeze those right on the coast may be left wondering where the heatwave is

nothing on the gfs looks like a major breakdown to be honest.

Posted Image

ecm 240hrs well into fi

Posted Image

gem 240 hrs shows a losen grip but this is way way out in fi so my thoughts are I don't see a breakdown I also see in tonights output of a possible reload situation a even steven enso could well be a god send for a nice summer.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Posted Image

ecm 240hrs well into fi

Posted Image

gem 240 hrs shows a losen grip but this is way way out in fi so my thoughts are I don't see a breakdown I also see in tonights output of a possible reload situation a even steven enso could well be a god send for a nice summer.

Posted Image

I think once the 16-20th comes into view more on the NWP, we'll see the potential breakdown accelerate for around this period. Possibly quite unsettled and potentially convective IMO. This may stretch into August before an improvement as we head through the month. Late July and early August was always thought of as the unsettled period when I made my summer thoughts public a few months back.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Are we at any point going to have atleast a week without a north east wind? It's ruining what could be a nice hot summer so far!

(North Sea Facing Coasts)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Are we at any point going to have atleast a week without a north east wind? It's ruining what could be a nice hot summer so far!(North Sea Facing Coasts)

yes its very annoying lovely today then wednesday its all downhill with damn low cloud

Posted

Posted Image

ecm 240hrs well into fi

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking at the ensembles GFS stays settled but ECM does lower pressure nothing drastic but more chance of cloud and rain if it happened

Posted Image