Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 27/7/13 13z------>

A.J

Posted

All my time Radar watching i have never seem it like this! Posted Image  Looks quite fast moving though, is it supost to stall somewhere? 

Low pauses briefly over SE and deepens (allowing further intesification) then moves off out to North Sea some time tomorrow morning.

Posted

Ignoring precipitation charts (they're always unreliable in these sorts of setups) the wider scale synoptic stuff looks OK to me Posted Image

Oh I hope so , I really do, just have that nagging feeling that all the sparky stuff will be too far east(YET AGAINPosted Image )

Respect your posts greatly, keep em comingPosted Image

Posted

Oh I hope so , I really do, just have that nagging feeling that all the sparky stuff will be too far east(YET AGAINPosted Image )

Romford has a dartboard-target graphic over it for later, http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77391-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-27713-13z/?p=2753540

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted

Low pauses briefly over SE and deepens (allowing further intesification) then moves off out to North Sea some time tomorrow morning.

Thanks ! Wonder if we'll see storms, i hope they pass by close to hear and see but not overhead lol Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

just had a rumble here (nope not me)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Haven't seen a radar img like this in years!

Posted Image

Posted

This time then.............. Trying to keep calmPosted Image

Yes: other factors have to come into play, and it looks like they will; could well be it forms over your head and then gives someone downstream the light show!! But let's hope not. The forecast of the channel low sparking off storms in it's wake looks like a correct call (up to now) so should be OK!!

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted

well folks looks like the lightning is hitting a brick wall of de-electrifying substance and its just gonna be plain rain here. unless the downs or london has a say about it.. doubt it tho.

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

I'm a bit suprised the MetO havent put a bit more of a warning up for some of the counties in the S and SE - unless the radar is giving a false impression and the channel knocks the whole lot flat.

Posted

well folks looks like the lightning is hitting a brick wall of de-electrifying substance and its just gonna be plain rain here. unless the downs or london has a say about it.. doubt it tho.

Nope. The mesoscale activity causing the cells is the low pressure moving up the channel. It's not in the south east yet. It might look like that storm over Le Havre is moving, and it is  - virtually due North, all the stuff to the east of there is the channel low sparking off new cells as it goes.

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted

These clouds are darkening and the thunder is becoming louder but longer intervals between the rumbles! :D I am excited haha :) Its been over a year since a good one so fingers crossed :D 

Posted

It's been another hot and humid afternoon here in Nw London (29c ). About an hour ago the skies darkened, and a few spots of rain fell. So few that you could almost count them.

It's actually quite spooky that the atmosphere feels so loaded and ripe for a huge storm, but it's just not happening. Looking at that rain radar I'm not even convinced we will be in for a much needed soaking in these parts. Happy to be proved wrong of course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Still hearing the odd rumble coming from the channel, other than that nothing but moderate rain here 19.2C. Here's hoping for something a little more interesting a little later on if that wouldn't be too much trouble, mother nature! 

Edit: Thunder now getting a bit louder, and sky is getting increasingly darker. 

Edited by tomp456

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, Heavy snow

Not feeling confident in Ipswich, Kent looks like it's going to be good tonight though!

Posted

It's been chucking it down for over half an hour in Hailsham and the thunder over the Channel is nearly continuous at times.

Posted

I think my cunning plan may have been worked out, she who must be obeyed just came in from outside, worried that she might be hit by lightening.

Really dark and just started to rain in Dartford, very humid, just waiting for the first (wasted) flash.

Posted

It's been chucking it down for over half an hour in Hailsham and the thunder over the Channel is nearly continuous at times.

Oh Yes!!! :) Must sound fantastc hearing that! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

can someone tell me when the storms arrive, I won't know because of the fog and the constant sound of drunk locals Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Deep rumbles getting closer here. Radar looks amazing!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

No thunder or lightening here just rain