Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Sleet now, and 0.1C. Hopefully it will turn more snowy by the time the heavier stuff arrives in 15 mins.

Posted

temps have deffo risen here since this evening. not sure why, clear night but maybe a bit more wind about.

Posted

Snowing now, lovely big flakes. Starting to stick on the cars. Should get a covering if it keeps going for a while.

• Like 2

Posted

No two ways about it, but the models have back tracked on the longevity of the cold spell and the snowy slider has gone

Enjoy the heavy snow showers tonight and tomorrow morning it may be the last for a while.

Posted

No two ways about it, but the models have back tracked on the longevity of the cold spell and the snowy slider has gone

Enjoy the heavy snow showers tonight and tomorrow morning it may be the last for a while.

Maybe MS but can things not just flip again like we have seen happen before. More runs needed I feel and as you all know I'm always positive.

Posted

Thoroughly doubt they will flip back again, as much as I want them to. Sadly!

It would be one of the greatest model flips of eternity if it did occur. Even the professionals were very surprised by this late spread of options.

Posted

Maybe MS but can things not just flip again like we have seen happen before. More runs needed I feel and as you all know I'm always positive.

I suppose the answer based on the 0z is maybe but not quite a West enough shift for Ireland.

Nice sugar coating here but not expecting anything else for a good while.

Posted

snowed again here last nite. left about an inch. prob the most weve had here all week.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Went to bed last night and actually loooked like a thaw had fully set in. However, woke this morning to the biggest pasting yet. Easily 6 inches lying here. Slabs of snow falling of nearby roofs. Great sight.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Snowing away here at the minute. Had a few more centimetres fall during the night.

Edited by Juuyoku

Posted

Some camera phone pics of snow depth...

post-23159-0-70129800-1421486829_thumb.j

post-23159-0-57974100-1421486843_thumb.j

• Like 9

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Up north doing well again i see from the snow.  (send some my way will you :wink: )

Cold,dry and bright morning here with sharp frost.

Overnight low -0.6c,current temp 0.6c.

• Like 2

Posted

A light dusting here, but the nearby Galtees and Knockmealdowns have a decent covering. If it wasn't for a birthday dinner this evening I'd head of for a hike today... but maybe tomorrow instead, if the drink tonight is kind to me,

• Like 2

Posted

Winter wonderland here!? Definitely the best prolonged winter weather since 2010 :)

• Like 1

Posted

Interestingly the MetO have issued a warning for snow on Monday night. Looks like the slider is back in business!

"Updated 1 hour ago

A band of rain, sleet and snow will arrive into western parts of Northern Ireland during Monday evening, then spread east across all parts overnight. At low levels there is likely to be a mixture of rain and snow, but accumulations of snow of around 2 cm are possible locally. Over higher ground, above 150 metres, there is a risk of up to 5 cm. As clearer weather follows from the west later in the night, temperatures will fall, leading to a risk of icy stretches.

The public should be aware of the risk of difficult driving conditions and travel disruption"

With the hard frosts forecast we could have a nice wee top up of our current lying snow.

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 1